• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Archer vs Arrow: The End of a Debate?

I've only noticed it on that fresh Z Wasp I mentioned... Actually, now that I think about it, the FR buzzOS I had might have had it also. It was more or less new. Was a tester that a local pro had received but only threw a few times. I guess it could just be something that happens when the flashing is removed at the factory?

no it appears to be top and bottom pieces not lining up on the mold and not a flashing issue its pretty noticeable

Obviously you guys don't know the right answer and are way off track. Just ask his new wife Hanna. I'm sure she'll tell you exactly why he's playing better now. :doh:

So you seem to be telling me, in a rather snarky way, that the many many posts I've seen on here referencing spacers, using different "top and bottom" pieces, etc., are all BS?...

Yes it's all BS. Idk who comes up with this stuff but it's funny to read sometimes. Discraft has great molds they didn't "tweak" anything for me. They sent me discs to try I loved certain molds more than others and that's how I built my bag. Tour series discs are a established mold in a desired players choice of plastic. Some plastics cool differently, ( Domey, Flat or neutral ) so they may request them to run a certain way but that isn't always perfect. Also the Wasp has a strong flashing point I can tell you they don't accidentally switch parts. Hopefully this clears up the air and gives a little insight.

Thx Paul... Its always nice to get insight from you guys. I wish more pros would participate here but I can understand why they don't.

I never said they accidently switch parts though. Was just wondering why that disc has that weird ledge/lip since I'd never really noticed it before.

Btw that post I quoted was from someone who works at disc company. fwiw:confused:

Keep up the good work of ending the archer debate.:thmbup:

Last edited:
Yes it's all BS. Idk who comes up with this stuff but it's funny to read sometimes. Discraft has great molds they didn't "tweak" anything for me. They sent me discs to try I loved certain molds more than others and that's how I built my bag. Tour series discs are a established mold in a desired players choice of plastic. Some plastics cool differently, ( Domey, Flat or neutral ) so they may request them to run a certain way but that isn't always perfect. Also the Wasp has a strong flashing point I can tell you they don't accidentally switch parts. Hopefully this clears up the air and gives a little insight.

Nice! I assumed they tweaked them since they're also stamped first run but you're right, all the molds where great to begin with!
Good to see you shoot with confidence, amazing lines and throws sir, keep it up! <3

Let's don't forget Paul also proved another dgcr myth wrong....marriage and it's affect on the game. ;)

Re: tweaking

Not sure, but I don't think they can just change a disc design by changing the physical mold without getting re-approval (or approval of the new disc mold that results) from the PDGA.

As to 'tweaking' molds, in one of her WITBs, Hannah Leatherman once said that she asked Innova to 'tweak' her Tour Series Star Terns to be more overstable than production Terns, so that they'd season in in a way more to her liking. I don't know exactly what they did, but they succeeded in making her Tour Series discs more OS than normal Star Terns.

It could indeed be the plastics, since a lot of TS Star discs are Swirly Star, and a lot of TS discs are Champion, as well... all which tend to be more stable and more suited for pro arms than the regular production counterparts.

i prefer it

what is we had all dgcr posters in person in a room together once a night to talk about dg stuff

That's actually be pretty awesome, really. I'd be interested in seeing if some of the online bravado of some of our friends here actually carried out into real life, or if they are just timid little mice hiding behind a keyboard lol

But mass gathering of forum goers would be pretty neat!

That's actually be pretty awesome, really. I'd be interested in seeing if some of the online bravado of some of our friends here actually carried out into real life, or if they are just timid little mice hiding behind a keyboard lol

i dont even throw lololol

i just enjoy the socialization

Please tell me I'm not the only one whose first thought was: "That room would smell horrible".

Paul is not my favorite pro but i hope he wins Worlds this year just to silence the haters and show that the plastic doesn't matter.

either that or a 5 year 2nd place streak before moving on from the sport, forever creating a powerful myth and an even more die-hard Innova cult

I agree with the first part. Second part no, I feel that Discraft as selected Paul to make a third line or a semi-separate line of discs from Discraft factories from Discraft called the McBeast line or something like that. These discs would be a line from Discraft factories the way Innova is with the Innova made discs for Discmania but in the same factory the way DGA is with Discraft.

On the other hand, didn't Discraft fine tune every mold he throws? :p

Not the Luna, that feels like a disc that Paul had in mind for a long time with Innova. They did with most of the rest, maybe not his newest signature disc the Anyx made just for him, sounds like Paul McBeth had a chance to work with the Discraft company more to make that disc then he did with a few disc from Discraft.

McBeths record for this year vs last year May prove that it's the archer or it may prove that arrow.........or maybe it proves that $1,000,000 is a great motivator

Or Paul might be forced in that conract to deliver to get the money at all like having to make it to be on the final coverage the specific NT and PT events that are Discraft sponsored. Especially the Discraft Legstone Insurance open being a must win?

Also remember near middle to the end of the 2018 season Paul had back problems that cased him to drop out of a smaller event or two. Paul even had to go 2000's style with a big Innova submarine bag and quad straps at one point to help his back. Last year Paul could have had a back problem all year that caused him problems only later. Do remember that in practice the days before Tournaments the Pro players carry there own bag or pull a cart.

While the argument is well made, there is a small counter-argument I'll make here:

So my counterpoint is that while McBeth could probably throw Franklin discs better than the rest of us can throw anything (okay, maybe Franklin discs are a stretch :p ), he is really, really clicking with a few of these Discraft discs, once they got them tweaked to 'McBeast Perfection'.

I would say that, maybe the whole Aerobie line up or the new version of the Quest AT discs in a Champion like plastic, even the 3 Instep discs the Mucury putter, Saturn midrange, and Pluto driver could Paul beat the field.

I agree Paul has the discs from one of the more consistent manufactures of discs (barring the change of Pro D in 2005-2006 era) dialed down to his preference.

Latest posts