• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Are bags washable?

Can you wash your bag?

• Yes. You should have no issues using the washing machine.

Votes: 19 39.6%
  • Yes. But be warned that it may fall apart.

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • No.....not a good idea at all.

Votes: 15 31.3%

• Total voters

Skunk

Eagle Member
I just found that I had sun screen in my bag and that it comletely emptied into it...7.5oz to be exact. It was one of those sprayable kinds of containers so my bag is completely covered in it b ut mostly on the bottom.

About half of my discs got it too and managed to get it off of all but 2 of my discs. It actually transferred some of the disc color onto one of the dividers in my bag. It had soaked through the bag and left a pretty hefty stain on the hard wood floor too. :mad:

I had taken everything out and hosed down the bag a few times but I can see sun screen still pooling in the bottom of the bag. So, my question is can you throw your bag in the washing machine and dryer? Will it damage the bag at all?

I would hand wash it/soak it and then just let it air dry.

what kind of bag do you have?

my friend washed his GB silverback and it messed up the padding around the waterbottle holder. Still works fine just looks funny.

I washed my competition bag a couple times, I didn't put it through the dryer though. I never had any issues with that, I used just a little detergent and warm water and it came out good as new.

I've washed and dried mine iirc. I know I've washed it, dryer is optional. I might have just hung it up.

It's an Innova Competition bag. I've never needed to wash a bag. I've always just played until it fell apart. This is my 3rd bag and I won it in a tournament last year so I kind of want to keep it around for a little while.

So the washing machine is safe? I kind of was planning on air drying anyway just to be safe on that side.

I may just end up tossing in the washing machine. Thanks guys. :thmbup:

By the way, I made this a poll due to the fact that I couldn't find a thread on this and figured it would be easier for someone to get an answer if they had the same question.

On the bright side of my mishap, at least my discs and bag are clean and UV protected!

if its an innova bag you ma want to hand wash it. those things are junk.

buy a tub of oxyclean powder and soak it for 30 minutes in luke warm hand-mixed solution (whatever the label tells you to mix it for spot cleaning). hand rinse. Air dry.

if its an innova bag you ma want to hand wash it. those things are junk.

I've washed my several times in the washer and its just fine. I've also had it for three years and play at least 3 times a week through rain and snow and it is holding up just as well if not better than my buddy Revo. Not to mention the customer service doesn't suck donkey balls.

You can wash it in the washer, but don't use the dryer. Let it air dry.

I've put an old Fade crunch bag in the washing machine before, came out squeeky clean. If a Fade bag can handle suds and tumbling probably anything can. Can't remember if I put it in the dryer though.

MOST PEOPLE I KNOW WITH INNOVA BAGS, THEY ARE ALREADY FALLING APART AFTER A YR OR TWO. IVE NEVER SEEN A REVO BAG FALL APART UNLESS THE OWNER TREATED IT LIKE TOTAL (oops sorry didnt realize caps lock was on, not retyping) garbage. im just stating from my experience. plus ive never had to call revos customer service since my bags are all in perfect shape.

So, my question is can you throw your bag in the washing machine and dryer? Will it damage the bag at all?

Depends on the construction of the bag. If the stiffeners in the sides and bottom are cheap cardboard I'd say a washing machine will fairly well wreck the bag. I wash my GB (plastic frame and sides) and Lightning (bottom stiffener removed) by hand with no problems. Although I suspect they'd do fine in a machine. (The Lightning may fall apart. It's crap.) I wouldn't put anything nylon in a dryer except on air dry.

I wouldn't put anything nylon in a dryer except on air dry.

i had a friend do that in college. that was some funny stuff. ruined alot of clothes and messed our dryer up good. we had a good time drinking and making fun of him while he cleaned it up.....ahhh good times in deed.

i had a friend do that in college. that was some funny stuff. ruined alot of clothes and messed our dryer up good. we had a good time drinking and making fun of him while he cleaned it up.....ahhh good times in deed.

My wife used to put baking soda in the wash. Even when I worked up a pretty good sweat, my clothes didn't small too bad. I liked it till I had to pull the washer apart and scrape out the leftover baking soda that was flaking off and getting in our good clothes. Live and learn. (That's why I mentioned the dryer. I killed my favorite hockey jersey that way.)

I had the same thing happen with sunscreen. I just used the shower on warm to rinse it out a couple times. Then I just filled up the bath and used woolite and washed it a couple times and good as new and smelled minty fresh.

Cheers - Koffee

I actually had filled it with water from the hose after I tried rinsing it out a few times and it seemed to get a little better. I decided to let it sit out in the rain for tonight and maybe toss it in the washer tomorrow if rinsing it out doesn't work.

This sucks!

Latest posts