• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Are You Brand Loyal?

Are you brand loyal?

• I'm brand loyal. I just throw X and here's why:

Votes: 37 13.5%
  • I basically just have one brand in my bag, because it's what's available.

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • I primarily throw X, but I have bag spots with other brands.

Votes: 118 43.1%
  • No way I'm brand loyal! I find what works.

Votes: 109 39.8%
  • Wait... these plastic things are made by different companies?

Votes: 5 1.8%

• Total voters
I like/prefer DD and Innova for drivers and fairways.

Xcalibur, Enforcer, Defender, Raider, Boss, Destroyer, Shryke, Sheriff, Convict, TeeBird, TeeBird3, Eagle, Leopard3, Leopard.

And I like/prefer Discraft/DD for mids and putters.

Justice, Drone, Verdict, Hornet, Wasp, Suspect, Buzzz, Emac Truth, Meteor, Comet

Challenger, Banger GT, Marshal, Deputy

Small bump.

Assorted disc collection with a majority lean towards Innova.

When I first started down this road I was drawn to the shiny Discraft stuff because of the bright colors and cool stamps. Then I found this forum and became introduced to all of the great Innova staples. Teebirds, Leopards, Firebirds, and Valks seem to work for me. Oddly enough I stuck with Drone, Buzzz and Meteor in the mid department although there's a DX Roc and a Cobra in my bag right now just to see what they do. Same with an Undertaker in the occasional driver slot. Putters are Pig, Voodoo, Berg and Fierce. I have Daredevil Discs' Woodchuck, Walrus and Ogopogo for winter. There are some MVP on the backup rack. Anode, Volt and a brand new James Conrad Commemorative Envy (although from what everyone says of the Envy, I'm REALLY tempted to bag it as a throwing putter).

I've always liked the stamps of Westside's discs. I have a yet-to-be-thrown Trilogy Challenge Warship in a gorgeous Lucid Chameleon. I'm thinking I might have to make a small 3 disc Westside bag and add a putter and driver for the days when I want to switch it up and go with a minimal small bag, leaving the cart at home.

My girlfriend's choices are more simple. She uses her Prodigy M4 for everything, including putting. Must be nice lol.

Definitely NOT brand "loyal".

Putter: Viking Knife
Approach Putter: DGA Breaker
Short Midrange: Kastaplast Svea
Overstable Midrange: Innova Teebird
Stable Midrange: DGA Squall
Straight Fairway: Latitude 64 River
Forehand Driver: Dynamic Discs Escape
Backhand Driver: Kastaplast Falk

The Stable Midrange was Discraft Buzzz....but during a field practice, the DGA Squall performed a bit better.

Every few months I take discs out to a field and see if there are any that would perform better than what I'm bagging at the time.

I've putted with Legacy Clutch, Hunter, Gateway Wizard, EV7 Penrose, Axiom Envy, Innova XT Nova, and now the Viking Knife. So I'm willing to try anything to see if it works for me.

I mainly am loyal to the extent that I appreciate familiarity with the molds, plastics, and flight # scheme of a given producer.

I also like to throw a lineup of discs that share mold parts or plastic types if I can help it. Never been much of a cycler. This has resulted in a sort of unintentional loyalty - I might want to throw say a teebird, then also an innova-molded offering from a reseller like an FD2 or the like.

I mainly am loyal to the extent that I appreciate familiarity with the molds, plastics, and flight # scheme of a given producer.

That goes for me as well. Also, when I started buying plastic in force Innova was what was available and their molds are abundant and well-known. Aviar, Roc/Roc3, Gator, Leopard/Leopard3, Teebird, Firebird, Roadrunner, Wraith. How boring I know but I was able to find these molds off the rack and online at a time when other brands were hard to find.

With that said I bag a Comet often, and an FD3 (pretty much an Innova disc) sometimes. It seems like everyone is making great discs and I would incorporate other brand's disc if I ran across one that did something special.

Nope.

About half the discs in my bag are Discraft because:
1) it seems to find its way to me.
2) several of their molds just work for me.

But I also bag these:
JLS
Warship
Leopard
AMP
Sail
Mamba
Sword
DDX
Boss

So that seven different brands.

I'm loyal to molds. Not brands.

DD and Discmania Evolution molds are slowly taking over my bag though it was never really my intention. It's kind of ironic too since I don't really love trilogy plastics but for whatever reason I have the best success with those molds.

I think at this point the Zone, Eagle and Thunderbird are the only holdouts but I don't plan on replacing them at the moment