• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Are you going APE?

I was just wondering the other day when Innova would make a "speed 13" that was all hook and no turn.... Oh wait! There it is!!! :sick:

havent had a chance to throw it yet but Sarah Stanhope had one at a recent tourny i was at..felt great in my hand..just wish she would have let me chuck it :) ..prob a lil much from my arm either way tho

Come back to earth everyone.

I think some of the people who post have forgotten what it is like when you first start playing. Instead of sticking your nose at folk who don't have a clue you could kindly inform them of things that have worked for you. I sucked for a couple of years and I never took it seriously. Then I met some advanced people and they embraced me and taught me the ropes. Bottom line, criticize your own game and help others when you can. If someone wants to waste their money on new discs let them. Lead by example and put a good name on the sport instead of looking down on people who don't know any better.

I think some of the people who post have forgotten what it is like when you first start playing. Instead of sticking your nose at folk who don't have a clue you could kindly inform them of things that have worked for you. I sucked for a couple of years and I never took it seriously. Then I met some advanced people and they embraced me and taught me the ropes. Bottom line, criticize your own game and help others when you can. If someone wants to waste their money on new discs let them. Lead by example and put a good name on the sport instead of looking down on people who don't know any better.

hey you with 3 posts. Stop lecturing.

Let me show you the ropes around here and give you a tip.
Post a bunch of stupid short posts to build up that post count and people might take you seriously... or not

hey you with 3 posts. Stop lecturing.

Let me show you the ropes around here and give you a tip.
Post a bunch of stupid short posts to build up that post count and people might take you seriously... or not

Dude you have been playing for less years than me, have reviewed the same amount of courses, and your telling me I won't be taken seriously over you? I was just making a suggestion buddy, you need to relax.

One of my fav sayings of all time
"Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded"

Dude you have been playing for less years than me, have reviewed the same amount of courses, and your telling me I won't be taken seriously over you? I was just making a suggestion buddy, you need to relax.

Didnt you say you didnt take disc golf seriously your first couple years of playing? :confused:

Aw, you guys are working on your mental game. How cute.

But seriously, how many people in the world should actually be throwing the Ape? Less than 500?

just because you can't throw it straight doesn't mean you can't throw it at all

it'll be a useful dogleg and wind disc to many people, and I'll at least take a look at it as a FH option

No more discs just better plastic. Got it Innova. Wanna sell discs make some champ rancho rocs. And more pro rhynos. And wtf- R-pro. But this has all been said before. So are purple "grape apes" gonna be sought after?

the first part of what you say there is true, but just because they're different doesn't mean they're needed. andddd...

i never said the warp speed drivers would ruin the game. Thats not the case at all. But crap like the vulcan teaches new players that their horrible form is actually good, because it allows them to throw on an extreme hyzer and itll still flip and fly straight for them. in the long run, its hurting new players' game. but I never said it would hurt dg

It's worse than that. The Innova chart actually instructs new players throwing under 250 to use a sidewinder, when they should be grooving their throw with a roc and maybe a leopard. And they discourage new players from having any overstable drivers for hyzer and headwind, like the Banshee or Whippet.

Innova used to be the only disc company I'd ever heard of, but these days it seems like they are in Disccraft's shadow.

I could be using an all Innova bag if Innova they had a disc that fills the same gap in their chart as the Z Comet. How do they just ignore that gap?

It's worse than that. The Innova chart actually instructs new players throwing under 250 to use a sidewinder, when they should be grooving their throw with a roc and maybe a leopard. And they discourage new players from having any overstable drivers for hyzer and headwind, like the Banshee or Whippet.

Innova used to be the only disc company I'd ever heard of, but these days it seems like they are in Disccraft's shadow.

I could be using an all Innova bag if Innova they had a disc that fills the same gap in their chart as the Z Comet. How do they just ignore that gap?

That's like mocking Discraft for not having a sufficient answer to a Teebird, Eagle, or a Leopard. Comet's are my favorite Discraft mold and I'm somewhat glad Innova doesn't have a version - It would never be as good as a Comet.

I have no business throwing anything over speed 7 honestly, so this disc couldn't be any further from my interest.

One of my fav sayings of all time
"Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded"

thank you!!! so so wrong but i love it! is there a motivational poster for this?

I'm 6foot 4 and a knuckle dragger. by throwing putters and mids cleanly you improve your distance with better form. sadly you will throw the ape 10% longer but probably wont increase your location so really you aren't gaining much.

Anybody know what holes at the USDGC that people would throw the ape on? would you throw that with distance and penalty? i doubt it.

who should try it? double G. but he already throws well over 600.

Latest posts