• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Are you going APE?

maybe they thought that when they put a new midrange it doesn't sell as well as the drivers. I know when I first started I bought only distance drivers, mistake on my part. But when the mako came out there were mixed feelings about it then it seemed to kind of simmer away. I really like my mako, but it just seems like maybe they think they have the midrange game covered with the shark, roc, mako, coyote etc.

Why cant they do me a favor and make the viking in star plastic????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I just want some of my favorite fairway drivers to come back out in pro plastic. I don't like paying 30.00 to replace a friggin gazelle, cheetah, etc.

maybe they thought that when they put a new midrange it doesn't sell as well as the drivers. I know when I first started I bought only distance drivers, mistake on my part. But when the mako came out there were mixed feelings about it then it seemed to kind of simmer away. I really like my mako, but it just seems like maybe they think they have the midrange game covered with the shark, roc, mako, coyote etc.

Innova just released the Wedge. Anybody have one? I throw a Stingray for that slot in the bag. The sales figures for the Wedge should tell everyone why the Ape is on the way.

Innova just released the Wedge. Anybody have one? I throw a Stingray for that slot in the bag. The sales figures for the Wedge should tell everyone why the Ape is on the way.

offtopic, I went in to discnation today and they only had 3 yeti aviars left if that's any indication of putter sales.

I just want some of my favorite fairway drivers to come back out in pro plastic. I don't like paying 30.00 to replace a friggin gazelle, cheetah, etc.

Agreed. The only reason I don't have a Cheetah in the bag is that it gets beat up quickly using it for it's intended purpose (for me), the tunnel shot through the trees. After about 50 or 60 tree hits, I'd have to go buy another new one. I tired of this process and bought an ESP Buzzz for the shot. It's hit hundreds of trees and is still flying straight will little sign of wear. I'd rather throw a Cheetah, but it would have to be in better plastic than DX. (My old KC Pro Cheetah broke into 3 pieces on a direct tree hit... it can't be replaced by a production disc.) Low, fast and straight are very appealing traits of the Cheetah.

Agreed. The only reason I don't have a Cheetah in the bag is that it gets beat up quickly using it for it's intended purpose (for me), the tunnel shot through the trees. After about 50 or 60 tree hits, I'd have to go buy another new one. I tired of this process and bought an ESP Buzzz for the shot. It's hit hundreds of trees and is still flying straight will little sign of wear. I'd rather throw a Cheetah, but it would have to be in better plastic than DX. (My old KC Pro Cheetah broke into 3 pieces on a direct tree hit... it can't be replaced by a production disc.)

at one of the holes on the texas state campus dgc there was a kc cheetah, I believe, that was split completely along the plate and someone hung it up on the tree.

offtopic, I went in to discnation today and they only had 3 yeti aviars left if that's any indication of putter sales.

The Yeti is the #11 seller at DiscGolfCenter.com. Everyone loves putters... and most love fast drivers.

As of today on DiscGolfCenter.com the top sellers are:
1) Vulcan
2) Valkyrie
3) Nuke
4) Wahoo
5) Boss
6) Teebird
7) Destroyer
8) Buzzz
9) Havoc
10) Katana

See a trend?

Ill be one to say after about the 4th high speed driver came out I thought enough was enough, but Innova keeps making them so I stopped caring. I may try it; I may not. I dunno a more overstable Boss would be nice considering I like having a new one in the bag at all the times. That being said... I don't think Innova needs to attack the lower speed market either. Leopard, Teebird, Firebird.... Why would you need anything different.

As of today on DiscGolfCenter.com the top sellers are:
1) Vulcan
2) Valkyrie
3) Nuke
4) Wahoo
5) Boss
6) Teebird
7) Destroyer
8) Buzzz
9) Havoc
10) Katana

See a trend?

does anyone know if DGC uses actual sales data for this list? Seems like somebody just lists molds they want to move.

A disc for "Noob monkeys"?

This disc doesnt sound like it will be a good beginner disc for anybody if its more stable than a boss.

does anyone know if DGC uses actual sales data for this list? Seems like somebody just lists molds they want to move.

I go to the site a lot. It appears legit for their website. The Katana was steadily a top four seller until the Vulcan was released. The Boss, Teebird, Sidewinder, Beast, Wraith, Roc, Aviar P&A and Leopard are always on the top 20 list (no need to try to get people to buy them). It's not indicative of nationwide sales, just sales for that website. DGC does sell a lot of discs though.

Last edited:
One of my buddies had an ape at the course today(got it from his buddy a local innova pro). He threw into a 25mph headwind low with hyzer. The disc barely flipped up any ie super stable. It was fast as hell though. Better be able to bomb over 400 consistent to throw it. Or smash it on a super anhyzer line. I throw consistent 300-325 and so I didn't even try it. Compare to super fast super stable 11x firebird with crazy fade.

Some people might think different of this disc when they throw it but this was my experience of it.

Last edited: