• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Arizona Courses

There are some new hole locations in play at Buffalo Ridge!
5, 6 and 7 all have new longer locations. 8 has a new shorter location.
They are all in position right now!!

Got an Ace this evening at Buffalo Ridge on Hole "J", (an unofficial hole which is really an alternate for "6", but is played after "I" and on the same side as the Alpha Holes, so we call it "J"), Basket "C". Used a 173 Surge Flex. It was only around 200' or so, but I spike hyzered the s**t out of it right in the hole.
Worth $100!!!

awesome. An ace is always a welcome sight. Ive never played that hole before.
As you are walking from Tee pad "I" to the basket, if you keep a straight line you will run into a natural tee pad. It has a nice rock border on three sides.
Rather than walk down the hill to play 6 back up the hill we created this tee box. We call it "J" because it's after "I". Plus it joins to two sides together. It has a tee on the Alpha side and a basket on the number side.
It plays along the hill to the 6 basket. In 6A it is a a super shorty. Maybe 120'. 6B is about 250'. I hit 6C which is up the hill but between the other two at about 180' not 200'.
Didn't even birdie it when I played it today. :(

Got an Ace this evening at Buffalo Ridge on Hole "J"
Worth $100!!!

Congrats! Aces are one of the reasons we all keep coming back... :thmbup::hfive:

Is anyone heading out to the fundraiser @ Red Mountain this Saturday, the 20th? Both courses are great additions to disc golf in the Valley! I'm very excited to see the turnout, and for the course to gain funds for improvements.

http://calendar.disqman.com/2013/RedMountain2013.pdf

Congrats! Aces are one of the reasons we all keep coming back... :thmbup::hfive:

Is anyone heading out to the fundraiser @ Red Mountain this Saturday, the 20th? Both courses are great additions to disc golf in the Valley! I'm very excited to see the turnout, and for the course to gain funds for improvements.

Don't think I can make it. I wish them all the best.

About what time is this going on? I played the north course last weekend and took a decent chunk out of my left leg on hole 15. There's a super sharp sign right before the pin and my back leg lifted up during my putt just enough to get sliced :doh:
Sweet courses so far!

Looks like the Players Meeting is 8am, start of play is 9am.

Yeah, the course is a bit rough right now....and treacherous! Some reports of rattlesnakes found on the property.

I planned on going, but something came up and I couldn't make it out. I heard there was a good turnout, about 50 participants.

I need a guide for a prescott course in mid May. I'm thinking May 18th of playing some courses in Mesa and then driving up to prescott to play Skyline. Anyone available maybe for a late afternoon round early evening there? Let me know. Thanks

Moved into a new neighborhood over the weekend. Found a nice, grassy park in the middle of the subdivision.....and there are three baskets in the ground! Score! :thmbup:

Moved into a new neighborhood over the weekend. Found a nice, grassy park in the middle of the subdivision.....and there are three baskets in the ground! Score! :thmbup:
Dude!!!! That rocks. Where is it? Hell, enter it here as a practice course. I'll come play if it's in the valley!!

It's in Laguna Park in Dobson Ranch. It's a very small area, I don't think it's appropriate to list it on DGCR.com. I'm also not sure whether this is a private or public park. There are signs on the walkway that meanders through the park and neighborhood that says No Trespassing and some other notices to residents. If anyone wants to come by and check it out, I'd be glad to meet ya there!

Attachments

• IMAG0286.jpg
    IMAG0286.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 18
It's in Laguna Park in Dobson Ranch. It's a very small area, I don't think it's appropriate to list it on DGCR.com. I'm also not sure whether this is a private or public park. There are signs on the walkway that meanders through the park and neighborhood that says No Trespassing and some other notices to residents. If anyone wants to come by and check it out, I'd be glad to meet ya there!
You could list it as PRIVATE/PRACTICE Course!! Anything to bump up that AZ course count!!:)

I need a guide for a prescott course in mid May. I'm thinking May 18th of playing some courses in Mesa and then driving up to prescott to play Skyline. Anyone available maybe for a late afternoon round early evening there? Let me know. Thanks

Damn, I would love to, but I cant that weekend.

Sweet. That is awesome to have 3 random practice baskets. I guess its time to make 6 different tee off positions for each basket. :p I live right down the road from you now.

You could list it as PRIVATE/PRACTICE Course!! Anything to bump up that AZ course count!!:)

Hell yeah.

Last edited:
It's probably better to keep that spot on the down-low from what he described. :)

Great minds..

As for updates, I don't knwo if it's been noted here:
Fiesta Lakes is nearing completion. Rob Hart has posted an update on FB that all the baskets have been received, and he has showed the staff there how to install the sleeves into the ground. He said he hoped the sleeves would be in place by this week. So, it should only be a short while now before the course is open to disc golfers!

I am HYPED for this course to open!!! C'mon Rob, don't fail us on the layout! Make it challenging!!

Last edited: