• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Arizona Courses

Red Mountain sounds cool. I'll have to check it out soon. I gotta buddy who lives on that side of town.

Psicko--An Ace at hole #14 at Paseo Vista, that's the "Arrow" Hole isn't it? I need to play there more often. that hole is perfect for my game I've played about 20 rounds there and I think I may have birdied that hole 19 of them. Love that hole!!

I'm headed down to phx the first weekend of April. My bro and I are excited to play red mountain. It should be worth the drive from Glendale right?

^^^^ not worth the drive!!!

Psicko--An Ace at hole #14 at Paseo Vista, that's the "Arrow" Hole isn't it? I need to play there more often. that hole is perfect for my game I've played about 20 rounds there and I think I may have birdied that hole 19 of them. Love that hole!!
I dunno the name of that hole, but it does face the archery range. It is a shorty uphill hole with the pin to the left of the tee, and a small mound blocking the view of all but the top of the basket a bit off the tee.

And a quick question. Paseo Vista looks pretty cool. Is it worth a 40 mile drive?
I like paseo vista, but I live much closer. I live on the east side, and I try and get to the west/north courses on weekends, so I play multiple courses in a day. If you are coming over to the east side to play multiple courses, then playing vista shouldnt be too far away.

I'm headed down to phx the first weekend of April. My bro and I are excited to play red mountain. It should be worth the drive from Glendale right?

From what Ive seen definately.

I like paseo vista, but I live much closer. I live on the east side, and I try and get to the west/north courses on weekends, so I play multiple courses in a day. If you are coming over to the east side to play multiple courses, then playing vista shouldnt be too far away.
Have you ever played Mesquite Grove?

I think a really fun day is playeying Paseo vista, going to Mesquite Grove and then going back to Paseo or going to Marbella Vineyards. A fun little three rounds!

Yeah, I'm coming from the north. I kind of want to play so I'll probably make the drive down there this week. Thanks.
When are you thinking of playing? I have monday the 25th off and Thursday the 28th off, and was planning on playing paseo vista on monday.

Have you ever played Mesquite Grove?

I think a really fun day is playeying Paseo vista, going to Mesquite Grove and then going back to Paseo or going to Marbella Vineyards. A fun little three rounds!

I have played mesquite grove, but it was several years ago sometime before Paseo Vista was built. Definately a different course. I have never played Marbella Vinyards though. I still need to get out to greenfield one of these days.

Quick SE Valley course review

Here is my quick summary of some of the very Southeast valley courses:

Not sure I would drive 40 miles to play Paseo. I like it (my home course and where I play league most often on TU night) and it helps boost your ego (it is pretty easy) but there really isn't a whole lot that is unique or special about it.

Mesquite is pretty rough. No cement pads, signs posting distance are all wrong, baskets in pretty rough shape and you get chewed up pretty good digging disks out of the trees. I would suggest having a spotter since there are several blind holes where it is very easy to lose a disc.

Vineyards is a small little 9 hole course that I ended up playing a lot of safari holes on since it wasn't marked very well. Good course to play with kids or noobs since there is no danger of losing discs.

Greenfield is more fun to play in the summer if you can deal with the heat. I played it a lot last summer and had fun other than losing way too many discs. I went back a few weeks ago and honestly they treated the DG's like garbage. I was told no less than 10 times during the round that ball golfers have the right away and to make sure I was staying out of their way. It was also cart path only which sucks for DG since most of our holes are nowhere near the paths. I honestly could have walked it faster without having the cart. Pretty disappointing.

On a side note, I'd love to meet up with some of the others on this forum for a round sometime. I live in Chandler so I primarily play the east valley courses (Paseo, Emerald, Vista, Papago).

I would like to have a meetup, too. I'm coming from almost Cave Creek, but I would enjoy playing some of the courses in the East Valley.

This was posted to the Red Mountain course's Facebook page this morning:

"Due to an unforeseen delay, the courses will not be ready for play this weekend. I would say that it is a near 100% certainty that the south course and possibly both courses will be ready the following weekend."

Any idea on the Fiesta Lakes course? Just found out I'll be moving to a place about a mile from there - pretty excited about that prospect =)

Chillis- I don't know if this will affect the layouts you have drawn up for a possible Reach 11 course, but they are building a small neighborhood east of the baseball fields that is between the baseball fields and Pinnacle High School. It's taking up quite a large area of land. Just thought I would let you know.

Any idea on the Fiesta Lakes course? Just found out I'll be moving to a place about a mile from there - pretty excited about that prospect =)

I haven't heard anything other than they were collecting money for the baskets.

Chillis- I don't know if this will affect the layouts you have drawn up for a possible Reach 11 course, but they are building a small neighborhood east of the baseball fields that is between the baseball fields and Pinnacle High School. It's taking up quite a large area of land. Just thought I would let you know.

Yeah, when talking with the city I learned of their plans for this area. Additionally, they didn't take to the idea of a dg course so much, citing the fact the needs the area for "drainage" - and idea I hadn't considered but is more likely a bogus statement aimed at brushing me aside. Besides, there's a f'in canal right there - drainage, my ass.

I haven't heard anything other than they were collecting money for the baskets.

Yeah, that's all I've heard, too. I think that's Rob Hart overseeing the install, perhaps he's been busy with the Red Mountain stuff.

I'm going to play a round today, not sure where. Hit me up if you want to play. I have to pick my wife up around 4pm, so I can't do league tonight.

Also I want to get in a round on saturday as well. I would like to start a bit before noon depending on where we play.