• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Arizona Courses

this is short lived, but after numerous road trips to the state of Arizona, Ive completed it for at least a day or two. Last course I had to do Was the 9 holer in Page, Az. I played it and I'm happy. I plan to play Fiesta Lakes in June on another road trip on my way to play Lemmom Drop temp course in Tucson, I hear Fiesta Lakes will be open in two days. Oh yeah 102 percent complete, thats funny.

Maybe I will concentrate on California now since I have Arizona and Nevada completed.

dgcr by jrcav1_17, on Flickr

this is short lived, but after numerous road trips to the state of Arizona, Ive completed it for at least a day or two. Last course I had to do Was the 9 holer in Page, Az.

You guys are hard to the core. Respect!

I'm thinking of swinging by Fiesta Lakes around 5:30 tomorrow. It's pay-to-play, correct?

Im down to play tomorrow.

Looked it up - it's $5 for the first 9 holes, and $1 for the second 9 :confused:

I didnt find where you found that, but I would assume they meant $5 to play a round(18 holes) and one dollar to play an additional round. Thats what I would think they meant to say. WHo knows though?

6 dollars to play fiesta lakes 18 holes. That's what it says on Facebook.

^^^ tell us about it!

Fiesta is sweet. I didnt bring my a game, and I got punished. There were a lot of challenges to it. Not only were there somecrazy long holes, but most of them were not wide open. Fiesta has several water hazards in play. It is a 9 hole course with 2 basket options per teebox. The majority of holes felt pretty different when comparing basket a and basket b for each hole. Hopefully there will be some updates as there are no tee signs, luckily course navigation is easy with the supplied map, and all but one dg tee box is close to the ball golf tees. Plenty of line shaping was needed. Someone who can throw far and accurately may be able to make short work out of it, but that is not me. I was even on hole 8, then it went downhill from there. Definately one of the more challenging courses in the valley if not the most.

Last edited:
Jonah pretty much summed it up!

The course(s) are well-maintained with lots of huge trees providing shade, scenery, and obstacles. Although most of your drives require a long, straight trajectory, there are a variety of shots to make once you're on the fairways/rough. The Par 4s are definitely reachable yet they are challenging to hit the right landing spots to give yourself an approach. A couple of Ace runs sprinkled in for good measure. If you're consistant and can throw long and straight off the tee you'll do very well here. There's plenty of opportunity for rollers here - on some of the longer holes this is an attractive option.

Overall, this is exactly what the Valley needed. Well worth the $6 per round.

Jonah pretty much summed it up!

The course(s) are well-maintained with lots of huge trees providing shade, scenery, and obstacles. Although most of your drives require a long, straight trajectory, there are a variety of shots to make once you're on the fairways/rough. The Par 4s are definitely reachable yet they are challenging to hit the right landing spots to give yourself an approach. A couple of Ace runs sprinkled in for good measure. If you're consistant and can throw long and straight off the tee you'll do very well here. There's plenty of opportunity for rollers here - on some of the longer holes this is an attractive option.

Overall, this is exactly what the Valley needed. Well worth the $6 per round.

I played Fiesta last night. Had a good time. Agree with previous comments. Nice flow to the course making it easy to play quickly. I got in a full 18 holes in under 90 minutes playing with one other person.

I played everything as a par 3 since I didn't know which holes were the par 4's and shot 4 over. Having a big arm is a huge plus on the course. You can take some routes that cut a lot of distance off the holes by throwing over the top. The "A" basket on hole #5 is a good example. 555ft dogleg left around the lake. I threw over the lake and had a good look at it for 2 (of course I missed the putt). This course is a perfect example of why being able to throw 500 feet actually can matter (have fun Hammer).

I'm hoping they will putt in cement pads on the holes they are missing which would make finding the pads easier and help with footing on a few holes.

The best part was there were *zero* golfers there so it didn't feel like Greenfield where we are often treated as second class citizens on the course.

I'm looking forward to going back and playing it again soon.

I was able to get out late this afternoon to Fiesta. Great course! Lots of shade, which is a huge plus. Par needs to be adjusted, though. I eagled 2 holes, and missed a 30' putt on a third. I would love to think I'm that good, but I know better. It is very friendly to big distance RHBH driving. Great addition to the valley!

Uh, yeah, 2 eagles is mighty impressive! I'm guessing you made a run at #5 and probably 8/17? I can't even fathom how you would reach the basket on 4/13, or 18. I wanted to make a run @ 5 but wimped out at the thought of dunking a disc in the drink without an identifying mark. I'm guessing the distance on that one is about 485ft as the crow flies.

Also, anyone know what kind of baskets Fiesta has? Are those the Mach 3s?

Last edited:

Latest posts