• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

As if disc theives, litterbugs, vandals & snakes weren't enough to worry about...

I've often thought about taking down a thief with a hammer throw. It seems I'm not alone.

We have a course around here that is in a bad neighborhood. We've found .45 caliber shell casings and we once got to watch 12 cop cars drive on the course to enact a sting operation on a drug deal. It was fun to watch - but I think we'll never be going back

deadliest sports warrior!

ok -now I want to see the show a Spike do a segment on thrown sports objects and how lethal they could be in the hands of a skilled practionor!
Im guessing discs= more lethal than a serena williams tennis ball, less lethal than a randy johnson baseball( you all saw the you tube video of that bird didnt you?)

the other day my roommate hit a truck passing by a road that goes parallel to a hole, and he swerved over the curb, down a pretty steep hill, jumped out and charged at us telling us to "man the f$%k up and come get f$%ked up for hitting my truck". After this dudes friend held him back , thank god, he comes back and apologizes for being so angry then calls the cops cause my friend broke his windshield wiper and we refused to just hand over $20 like he was demanding. the dude tried to attack us then called the cops on us....people these days lol

but I think we'll never be going back

You should go back, ihmo.... safety in numbers, of course.
DG courses / DG community.... have cleaned up crack parks across the USA.

That is how we roll as a community.
Just say yes.

DG'rs at our course have seen high speed chases end up in our park.

Local folks let the cops in the park property to persue the purp.
(We have a key to the gate that the city allows us to utilize for access to the park for maintenance.)

Not sure what ever happened... fairly sure the guy running from the police made it to the bayou in the back of the park and went swimming.

I wish i was that accurate...I would aim at the punk and knock the wig off the granny on the walking path 75 feet away.

Would probably wing the acorn out of a squirrels hand on the way too...just as a big f' you to my accuracy.

I posted this on another thread, but its relevant to this one... sort of

I was on hole 14 at West Park in Joliet, IL and I had a terrible first shot into a tree only 50 feet in front of me. I couldn't see the basket because it was behind a bunch of trees, my buddy was standing to the left of the basket and said "it's right here, aim for me and you'll be good". So I did. I tomahawk'd it right for him, it spun a ton in the air and was heading right for him. At the last second, he jumped out of the way, but the disc took a hard turn and hit him right in the junk!! It was a 175g Pro Valkyrie. He was on the floor for 5 minutes. At the time, we played where if you hit someone in the group, you got a stroke taken off for the hole. I "birdied" the hole.

If I had hit him in the head, not sure how bad it would have been, and he was standing still. Maybe the visual of my stroke and seeing how fast the disc rips out of my hand, combined with my accuracy being in the general area could deter an assailant.

the other day my roommate hit a truck passing by a road that goes parallel to a hole, and he swerved over the curb, down a pretty steep hill, jumped out and charged at us telling us to "man the f$%k up and come get f$%ked up for hitting my truck". After this dudes friend held him back , thank god, he comes back and apologizes for being so angry then calls the cops cause my friend broke his windshield wiper and we refused to just hand over $20 like he was demanding. the dude tried to attack us then called the cops on us....people these days lol

Regardless of his overaggressive response, your friend should have paid for the guys windshield wiper.

I've considered using my Xcal as a weapon a few times around some sketchy people. I think at close range I could kill someone forehanding it to the neck or head or it would do some serious damage. I almost hit a parked car at a tourney recently and was just waiting for my Xcal to go through the windshield or hood, but luckily it just missed. I was like OH SHHH....!!!! It was coming down hard. I also took a huge piece out of a tree that same tourney with my Xcal, so I can only imagine what it would do to flesh and bone.

What is it with MLK streets and the ghetto, its so true in DC and Balt. I used to live a few blocks off MLK in Baltimore and that was an interesting year. I lived next to some lesbo crack/heroin dealers, for real! The lexington market crackhead was pounding on their door crying in withdrawal. I didn't go outside for awhile.

I was being harassed by some young kids at first when I was practice driving, but then after they saw how far I was throwing they apologized and just watched for a bit in amazement. I just ignored what they were saying, being the bigger man and they were just kids. They have behaved since then.

Most often I will ignore what other people say about me especially if I think they grossly outnumber me or may threaten me physically or maybe armed. I'm not scared of them, I'm just not stupid. I've been in fights and been jumped. I am surprised how often people try to get at me, I not tall at 5'8", but I'm jacked and bald and look like a cop or bodybuilder. There was a cop convention in DC last week and everyone keep asking me what precinct I worked. It was funny.

About a year ago at River Grove we were finishing #5 and saw a huge buck standing on #6 tee box, and he was snorting at us and acting like he was going to charge, because there were some does near by. We all grabed a driver, and were ready to throw at this thing if he came at us.

i look nothing like a cop ant that's why they all look at me like i am about to cause some trouble. funny though i am a former marine, have no record, and work with kids at a pre-school but hey that's what first impressions are for.