• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Ask Gateway!

I have one clear soft Voodoo that I like alot. Used to throw a Magnet as a putter and had the Voodoo for approach. Practicing putts and started using Voodoo just so had another disc and found it more accurate for me. Have been using it exclusively for last year or so, dig it alot. Only drawback is clear plastic was really hard to spot so I decorated it alot w/ Sharpies, will try to get pic up.

Will keep an eye out for another, and having seen everything here I will be careful to look for one that is similar and not just assume same name = same disc. Ok as long as I know that, surprise would have sucked. :)

I have a prototype mid that I bought off of Nikko 6ish months ago. It is red and domey with no bead. What disc is this?

Also, I bought a green Money stamped wizard. Is it organic or just green?

Welcome! thanks for the thread and for making the worlds best putters. glow wizards. now my advice is to start new thread with each answer. this thread will get out of control really fast. then you can ignore them as you tell people to use the search function and maybe even have links to the Q and A's.

will make your life 1000x easier.

Q: Do you still have small circle tooled wizards?

thanks
no they were only a few thousand made,,, maybe 10,000 back in 2005 maybe???

I will say that as annoyed as I am about that, I am also very happy throwing my Glow Magic that feels somewhere between S and SSS that otherwise I assume would be as hard as Medium.

I have 10 Magics, down 2 from 12 after converting a buddy so, I may point him to the 5 for $40 deal if he wants more to keep him out of my stash. Are you allowing the option of getting one of the prototypes in the package like was available when the Scout was a prototype?

yes you can get any 5 discs or 10 for $70

Missed edit time limit. Sez it's an Evolution and has a 4 in Sharpie on underside from store. Like the plastic, good feel and durability.

Just let this guy ask the questions from now on ^

Good stuff :thmbup:

I answered most of the putter ??? a bit earlier, and feel our mids are really solid,,,especially when used as a set.
Concerning new models,, we plan on going full speed ahead with drivers from here on out,,,right now we have the Slayer which is a cross between a nuke ( rim depth) and destroyer ( wing length),, it flies fast and far and has great glide and control,,, I dont even play much DG these days and threw one about 540 a few weeks back,, flat ground 10 mph wind.

Next we will release the samurai,, probably a lot less stable,,, hopefully as under-stable as a katana and then 2 more that will fall in between these 2.

By late fall we will produce a valk/beast type shorter rimmed driver family of molds and will produce 4 in that class.

Going into the winter we will be working on over molding and more dimple and surface technology,,,its possible we may add surface technology to one or more of the slayer/samurai family of discs.
I feel adding a frosted ( lightly sand blasted) surface to the top leading edge and/or wing allows discs to maintain launch velocity longer equating to longer flights in neutral stability discs.

What is up with this SSS Wizard? I bought it only a month ago and it is now warped like crazy! Stored alone in the putter pocket of my Chimp, flat on the floor inside my house.

attachment.php
looks like you hit a tree or maybe a basket running for an ace.

It doesn't take much for a SSS to get bent on the nose like that when using them for shots other than putting.

I'd suggest regular soft,, very few top pros use a SSS putter,, most use soft to medium off the tee and in the woods.

i bought a "prototype mid" the rim says e-scout. i took it to disc nation and it looks nothing like any mids there and def not a scout, do you know what it is? the profile is kind of like a buzz meets a zone and its gota a little dome in the center

sounds like an S-7 (pre scout prototype),, do you like how it flies?

Can you make a wizard with the durability of hpp plastic with the grip of S? Maybe you could texture a mold top like the old infernos or the ninja along the outer edge..

I dont think a lightly sand blasted finish would add to grip,, in my experiences i feel it causes you to NOT make as much contact with the surface,,,,,which is what happens to the air when it hits a sand blasted ( surface technology ) surface.

in order to add grip the surface would have to be roughed up enough for you to actually get skin "DOWN" into the surface would would mean etching as opposed to sand blasting,,,,anything is possible,,,just wait and see!!!!!!

Ok I'm caught up,, I think I answered everything,,,if someone has a more personal question or doesn't want to be ridiculed in public for asking something others may feel is dumb or for what ever reason,,,, feel free to use the ask dave mac section on our homepage.

I have noticed the pdga discussion board wasn't getting much action,,, guess everyone is else where these days like on here :).

I'm rarely short on words once I get going ( if I have the time),,, dont be afraid to ask the Bill O'Reilly / Chris Mathews hardball type questions.

I'd love to field some ??? about my course designs,,,ive designed or helped designed 35 or so that are in the ground and working on a few more right now.

While some of our discs may be considered great by some players ( and not so great by others) I'm most proud of the courses we've put in and would love an open discussion about design techniques,,,

I have a buddy that has a few evo putters from around 2009. They are clear and deliciously gummy.

any chance of seeing more of these in the future?

I have a buddy that has a few evo putters from around 2009. They are clear and deliciously gummy.

any chance of seeing more of these in the future?

Yup, this is what I'll be trying to find. Sounds like I'm in for a hunt. :)

Well done David & Co.
As your Unofficial Liaison to the UK(I consider "Catch The Spirit" the Offical GDS Rep :) ) , I really love all these posted answers that can be read and reread until I get an understanding of it :p

Can't wait to try the Slayer and am waiting to 'piggyback' onto one of O'Brien's orders possibly in September.

I am curious what the Fins and Swedes would think of them. I get to play with them on 8/20-21 at the British Open which is at my 'home' course where you graciously sponsored our local tourney in April and lavished us with prizes galore. Thanks again for that.

Just say the word if you need somebody to hand out some Slayers to those Euros using Destroyers, Nukes, Bosses and the like I'd be more than glad to!!!:thmbup:

:cheers:

Good to see Dave on the best disc golf site in the world. Regarding course design, 2 of Dave's lastest designs, Silver Lake in Highland IL and the Lion's course in Rolla, MO are 2 of the most fun courses I have played in the past year. Any way you can assist with a redesign of the course in Cape Girardo, MO? It is a horrible design.

Ever since I've starting using the Soft Wizards as my putter, my short game has improved. Thank you GDS for your products. I love supporting local businesses as well, so that's always a plus. I know someone asked earlier about the dri-fit shirts we see Nikko wear. Is there ever a chance of getting those mass produced for anyone who wants to "rep" GDS?

Also, I have been using the "S" Illusion as my primary distance driver. Now that it's been banged up by trees and whatnot, it wants to fade right more. Not necessarily the flight pattern I was hopin' for. I'm assuming if I get one in your "E" plastic that it will be a lot more resistant to bangs, and keep its flight pattern more consistantly, correct?

Someday when i'm in the Lou i'm gonna stop by there. Been sayin it for a while now, but definately gonna make it happen.

Latest posts