• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ask MILLENNIUM Golf Discs (1.8 QJLS are mislabeled QPLS)

bucknuts said:
About PLS- is it like a Leopard? or is it Teebird?

Which Millennium disc is similar to Leopard? JLS right?

Just my opinion here, but the MPLS is a better Leopard, and the QPLS is a better Teebird.

I ran across a nice situation in field practice last fall where i couldn't get any flipping at all from a Star Leopard and the Champ acted normally. The Star also fades earlier and more and is shorter. I have never thrown any kind of PLS so a better Leo description piqued my interest. Which flies farther, turns and fades less and has better wind beating abilities? Generally i try to use tackier discs so how do different plastics vary in PLSs and how tacky is the Q in a PLS compared to a QOLS? And how durable is the MPLS and how quickly does it break in? Based on MOLS durability i don't think it would last long on my rocky home course if i threw it there. Luckily i don't need such a long disc there other than maybe on one hole.

I carry both a leo and a couple of Mpls.

The mpls holds up nicely imo.

The leo is a line holding disc, the pls is a line shaping disc. The leo just doesn't fade for me, so the line I throw it on, it stays on. The pls always comes back for me at the end.

At the end of the day, I can throw pretty much any leo shot with the pls, but I can't throw the pls shots with the leo. I probably only need to carry the pls, but there are just times when the leo is what I have more confidence in.

It sounds like the MPLS would be the one i like the most out different plastics but the Star Leo i have is beefier than any Champs that i've had and can fade back from the mildest of annies so it can be a surgical tool of small sideways movements and it sounds that the MPLS can cover wider s-curves. But so can many others i'm not aware of the magnitude of the sideways movements the MPLS makes though so i have no idea just how predictable and large the fade is vs other discs such as Leos, the little more fading River or something beefier like the Teebird and the EX. Being M plastic the River will be slicker i presume so a switch to a tackier disc might be beneficial fir me but i think the Polaris is a slower and shorter disc and i've had overlap issues with Leos for the straightest performance out of a driver vs the River going farther almost as straight but more HSS thus more dependable unless it is compared to the non flipping Star that fades almost as much as the River but shorter so it is not as great as a tunnel lasering disc but still magnificient. At least it offers more safety margin against user error toward anny than champ Leos. I have no business throwing Pro and DX Leos in the changing winds around here.

It sounds like i need to get an MPLS to see what it does and then mull over the bag setup. Even though i love the Leo i have used mids and Rivers much more in the past two years and only on a few local anny holes and one tunnel would have liked the Leo better than the River. Considering the short tees and need for control it is good to disc up and power down on the short slick tees on those holes. And it is easier to turn the Leo without flexing back than the River on not max power shots for me. The MPLS makes things messier i'm afraid but it is a vital slot so that path needs to be explored.

Anyone get some MOLS lately? I went out and got a new one to beat up to eventually replace my roller MOLS, and I noticed the bottom marking was G4. I searched and noticed that G4 is very old way to mark MOLS, but I just bought this new from the shelf. Well, it's not unheard of to either have some really old stock Millennium discs in stores, or even that some old stock has been cleared from the factory and sent to retailers, so I'm wondering if they still use the G4 marking on fresh stock, or did I just stumble upon one of the old G4 OLS? And If I maybe should go back and snatch all the rest of the G4's they may or may not have there..

Dunno but my G4 165 MOLS broke in really quick and with minimal abuse and by a lot so i imagine it is roller material soon. Although i thought it rolled well enough when new.

OK Mellennium experts I got a quick JLS question. I've been throwing a JLS 1.17 as a compliment to my Teebirds, but my last one is broken in pretty good so I picked up a replacement. I bought a JLS 1.19 and it is super flexy, my 1.17 was almost too soft for me so I don't think I'm going to throw the 1.19 at all. I think I might just go Serious or Q but if I stay Millenium what run should I look for that is on the firmer side.

chainsmoker said:
OK Mellennium experts I got a quick JLS question. I've been throwing a JLS 1.17 as a compliment to my Teebirds, but my last one is broken in pretty good so I picked up a replacement. I bought a JLS 1.19 and it is super flexy, my 1.17 was almost too soft for me so I don't think I'm going to throw the 1.19 at all. I think I might just go Serious or Q but if I stay Millenium what run should I look for that is on the firmer side.
Sorry I missed this post. The 1st run SJLS was pretty stiff. I prefer the newer 2nd run as it's a bit softer and offers more grip for me. The QJLS will have a longer break in time and should be a bit more overstable than the SJLS. I carry them both.

The 1.8 QJLS. Call them what you want. I am looking to re-stock my 150's. Where are they hiding? Just went thru three sites with no hits :cry:

ADiscand3Plates said:
The 1.8 QJLS. Call them what you want. I am looking to re-stock my 150's. Where are they hiding? Just went thru three sites with no hits :cry:
I just went through my spreadsheet and see that I have (3) 1.8 clear 150's all new and unthrown. I won't part with them all and I won't give them up cheap. PM me if you have the cash. :twisted:

Peeete said:
What are the differences in runs of the Sirius Orion OLS? Is 1.5 the latest?
The latest I have seen is the 1.4's. I am behind the times... The first run was the most understable and it was pretty flat. Those were my favorites. But I prefer the 1.1 QOLS. Great glide and control.

I just got some 1.3 Stardust QOLFs

They are domey but it is an even dome. Plastic has a good grip , not slick like some of the other stardust.

These are really fast, probably the fastest OLF I have ever thrown. They are bit straighter than the last run, showing more high speed turn, but they still have plenty of low speed fade. They get out really fast, and glide, and then just fade forward. The 1.3s show pretty good low speed fade especially on hyzers. This is what makes the QOLF so great, it slows down perfectly, so I am glad this run still does that

The only bad thing about this run...the only colors are dark red, blue, purple and black...that was a bit disappointing to find out. I prefer my main driver(the QOLF) to be in orange or yellow.

zj1002 said:
I just got some 1.3 Stardust QOLFs

They are domey but it is an even dome. Plastic has a good grip , not slick like some of the other stardust.
Are they plus rimmed? I noticed that my SOLF 1.3s with big domes are plus rimmed, and while I can live with that, I'd prefer the normal rim. Is the plastic blend the same as this new Innova Champion, like in the Tern? It did feel wonderfully grippy when I handled one at a store.

They are not plus mold

It is hard to tell if this is the new champion stuff, but this is a very new hot off the press run. So it probably could be. Stardust may not work with the new champion stuff. It is still nice Q plastic regardless

I just put in a team order for some 150 1.3 stardust QOLF's. I'll be curious to see their stability. I like them a bit understable. Ned must be on vacation. He hasn't gotten back to me on my order. :lol:

Fritz said:
Booter said:
those of u still tossing the zero g quasars and scorpus, how have they been treating u? ive read through the past pages of discussion and im thinking of trying some out .

140-150s is what im looking at.

Better late than never,... I LOVE my ZG Quasars. I throw them a ton. I stopped throwing the Scorpius it just didn't fit anywhere in my bag set up. It's a great disc, I just have no use for it.
One thing about the ZGQ I love, it reminds me smooth and steady and keeps me from over torque. If you put to much on it, it turns hard.
Just bought one in Q. Was at an Academy out of town, and they actually had some discs mine does not carry. Had no clue what it was, but felt like a Destroyer, so I bought it since all my town has is Pro Destroyers. Will probably be an extreme into wind driver and forehand disc for a while. I'll find out in a few hours.