• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ask MILLENNIUM Golf Discs (1.8 QJLS are mislabeled QPLS)

@Frank - they were all in Blue, Purple and Black. I actually really like this run. The blue is fairly bright for blue. Its a run worth checking out, more of a longer teebird this time around. The black actually look pretty sick with the stardust, just not much for throwing. kinda lame innova ran those colors for an amazing disc.

@Steady - The new SMS are weird. Definitely not the normal MS flight you expect. If I recall it was domey, but really poppy top domey. The new QMS are pretty good, but definitely different from the old stuff. Luckily I have enough CE QMS to last 10+ years.

I am really hoping we see a new midrange some time soon. I would like to see a QMS3 akin to the Shark3/Roc3/Mako3. It would basically be a premium QMF(roc top).

I did hear that they have some freaky stable Q-Astras. I held one, but haven't thrown it. Basically they molded up crazy wrong. The wing pulled up really high and also gave it a plus mold. I think some more omega variations are coming as well. Excited for that.

Thanks ZJ. Yes, the SMS does have a huge poppy top dome. I had to pull it out of the bag... I too have a huge supply of gummy and CE's so it's no big deal.

I really like the new Stardust QOLF. It's a little softer and has good grip. But unfortunately, mine are pretty dark. They are very predictable though. My 150's reminds me of the 1.1 SOLF, just a bit more overstable. Dead straight for most of the flight and then fades at the end. Holds up well into a headwind.

Haven't bothered with the new sms yet. I've been bombing around a collection of misplaced sharks lately. I also haven't gotten to try the new qolf yet either, I am pretty well stocked on the x-out sqolfs and have been drifting towards pd's.

Can any of you guys with influence get me some glow qms and qolfs?

zj1002 said:
Omega big beads...

SS and AP...

get you some!
I saw that they just came out. I have a bunch of the 2.1 BB Omegas. I really like them. Overstable. Mine is beat to crap and it's still overstable.

Steve, I don't think they are interested in the glow stuff. At least not yet. I can ask.

Yeah I have some 2.1s. I seasoned one up really well and it is now my go-to approach disc. It doesn't go as far as my 1.11 APs, but I don't need it for that. Pretty much any straight to hyzer approach inside 200ft gets this BB Omega. I really had to learn to like it, because at first it wasn't what I expected. It was straighter than other aviar drivers I had thrown, but still had the great low speed sit-down. When I dialed that in, I knew it was staying

This is why I am excited for the AP Big Bead. It will be nice to have something I can really crank on and hopefully it will have more distance because of the plastic. I grabbed more AP Big beads and 1.13 APs this time around. Only got 1 of the new SS BB, just to see how the plastic was

Can someone school me on current runs of OLF's?

Looking to get one that will handle some headwinds to step between my Champ Beasts (400' max RHBH) and my Firebird.

I would also like some OLF schooling. How does it compare to an Orc? I currently have a SOLS / Orc tandem. Any advantage to going SOLS / SOLF?

Does the Orc not do something that you would hope an OLF would do? I suspect they are similar, but flight variances are always the #1 factor when comparing the same mold. You could probably find a super beefy Orc and an understable QOLF, or vice versa.

My question was in regard to what the current "number" is for OLF's. 1.3? And how do they generally stack up next to stable and understable Champ Beasts?

Omega big beads are the small nose

So I'm excited about this. I've always wanted this

If you liked the proto BBs, stock up. Those are the Aviar-x nose

The new AP 1.13 returned to the usual omega shape. No more Aviar-x nose

The glide is about the same

But the LSS is more like a stock omega. It holds really straight lines.

The AP 1.13 is actually more LSS than the AP and SS BB for me. But that isn't a knock on the stability of either one of the BBs, the 1.13 just came out really stable.

The SS BB will feel more narrow in the hand, and the plastic doesn't feel as chunky/gritty. But it is just as soft as the 2.1s, if not softer. I think the plastic actually might be more durable as well. I slid it across some pavement and hit some rocks, and say very minimal damage. The bottom of the rim didn't scuff at all. I am really impressed with how durable the SS blend is in this run. I see it becoming my main approach omega.

I now will be rocking this setup for putters

Omega Driver - main putter
Omega AP 1.11 - turnover's
Omega AP BB 2.1 - stable driver
Omega SS BB 2.2 - basket approach putter(hit and sit!)

Fightingthetide said:
Does the Orc not do something that you would hope an OLF would do? I suspect they are similar, but flight variances are always the #1 factor when comparing the same mold. You could probably find a super beefy Orc and an understable QOLF, or vice versa.

My question was in regard to what the current "number" is for OLF's. 1.3? And how do they generally stack up next to stable and understable Champ Beasts?

The Orc is perfect as is. Unfortunately, it is DX, so it won't last long. When its time for a replacement, I am trying to decide if I should try out a SOLF or stick with the Orc but in premium plastic.

Hopefully zj1002 or JR can answer your question regarding the current run of OLF's.

Stringbean said:
Fightingthetide said:

The Orc is perfect as is. Unfortunately, it is DX, so it won't last long. When its time for a replacement, I am trying to decide if I should try out a SOLF or stick with the Orc but in premium plastic.

Hopefully zj1002 or JR can answer your question regarding the current run of OLF's.

Ah, I see what you mean now. I thought we were comparing apples to apples - premium plastic. DX is great, but only if you can find the good stuff...as I'm sure you know.

Thanks ahead of time for the write-up ZJ. I'm looking forward to it. I figured a lot has already been said, but it's hard to search through and find it.

Stringbean said:
Try one in Pro. For a 4 Glide rated disc, it glides forever. Really miss the one I lost, and I can't get them locally. I find that in Ch. it's pretty darn overstable.

PMantle said:
Stringbean said:
Try one in Pro. For a 4 Glide rated disc, it glides forever. Really miss the one I lost, and I can't get them locally. I find that in Ch. it's pretty darn overstable.

The DX that I have is of the cheap variety but the glide is impressive. I agree on the Pro plastic.

I walked into a Hobbytown USA during my lunchbreak to see what kind of selection they had. They had two Orcs in stock and both had stickers on the back that said "$5 Off". I picked up one flat Star Orc and a domey Champ Orc. $13 and $11 respectively. I could probably go all Orc for my distance drivers between the domey Champ, Flat Star, and DX once it is beat to hell. [/Orc talk]

Ok...here goes based on what I think has been asked.

The current run of Orion LF Quantum(1.3) basically flies like a longer teebird. It is a wraith top on a firebird wing. The older LFs were more eagle-ish, they excelled at long flips. But the current LFs excel at pured lines, where it can slowly turn or hyzer on its own - like a Teebird. The old LFs were flat(with the old Teerex top?) and the new ones are domey with the wraith top. I know this sounds a bit blurry, but the LF has a complicated history.

So basically if you want something to fit perfectly in between like the LS(or Beast) and Firebird it is the Orion LF. The Orc can't handle power and/or torque as well as the LF. The Orc is faster with a sharper nose, meaning as you crank on it into the wind, it will be behave somewhat unpredictable in the wind. This is where the LF out works it, because the LF can handle 15+mph winds before it starts to show flight changes.

I am sure I got off topic, so if you want to ask questions to get me back to where you want it, feel free to redirect me

How does the OLF handle forehand torque compared to wider rims like Wraiths and Destroyers?

Back when I was playing a few times a week, I was able to put a Destroyer out to 325' on a clean forehand...350' if I flexed it high. Now I'm playing less and trying to disc down on my distance drivers. So it's between the OLF and Wraith to fill the stable and overstable distance slots.