• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ask MILLENNIUM Golf Discs (1.8 QJLS are mislabeled QPLS)

Jerry R said:
Are Valks and SOLF's about the same speed? Are SOLS faster than both?

SOLF and SOLS are about the same speed; they share the same mold top and their overall speed is about the same.

Valks are speed 9, Orions would probably be speed 10... Valks are just a tad slower. Blake would be the universal authority, plus he throws both I believe.

MILLENNIUM said:
Jerry R said:

SOLF and SOLS are about the same speed; they share the same mold top and their overall speed is about the same.

Valks are speed 9, Orions would probably be speed 10... Valks are just a tad slower. Blake would be the universal authority, plus he throws both I believe.
i throw both too and this sounds like a spot on comparison

Socal19 said:
Just curious if Millennium has ever thought about making a putter with a bead on it, like the big bead aviars.

The omega AP had a bead I think.

Roy said:
Socal19 said:
Just curious if Millennium has ever thought about making a putter with a bead on it, like the big bead aviars.

Nope, a very small bead yes but not a big bead.

Fritz said:
Roy said:
Socal19 said:

So they never made a big bead? I thought there was like an omega ap driver or something back a couple of years....?

Roy said:
Fritz said:
Roy said:
Socal19 said:

So they never made a big bead? I thought there was like an omega ap driver or something back a couple of years....?

I think there was/is but I'm pretty sure there isn't a bead on it like a big bead. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure there is no bead.

MILLENNIUM said:
Jerry R said:

This rings true with me as well, having thrown them all quite a bit. It has been said before that it takes more power to throw a SOLS on it's intended line than a SOLF. I think that rings true also. It may be more like a SOLF is a 9.8 and a SOLS is a 10.3, or something along those lines in general.

Regardless, LFs are more forgiving than LS's of minor inconstancies in throwing technique in my experience.

Eric O said:
It has been said before that it takes more power to throw a SOLS on it's intended line than a SOLF. I think that rings true also. It may be more like a SOLF is a 9.8 and a SOLS is a 10.3, or something along those lines in general.

Regardless, LFs are more forgiving than LS's of minor inconstancies in throwing technique in my experience.

Interesting. I get a nice smooth "S" out of my SOLS if I throw it about 90-95%. I get about 300' - 325' out of it. I can crank on my SOLF and reach 350'+. Yes, I feel you have to have better technique to be consistant with the SOLS, but if the SOLS has more speed shouldn't you be able to throw it farther? I don't think I can. I'll have to take a bunch of both out to the field, now that my curiosity has been raised.

Note: I don't have a big arm. I'm only a 950 rated old man as well. :)

Steady 26542 said:
Eric O said:
It has been said before that it takes more power to throw a SOLS on it's intended line than a SOLF. I think that rings true also. It may be more like a SOLF is a 9.8 and a SOLS is a 10.3, or something along those lines in general.

Interesting. I get a nice smooth "S" out of my SOLS if I throw it about 90-95%. I get about 300' - 325' out of it. I can crank on my SOLF and reach 350'+. Yes, I feel you have to have better technique to be consistant with the SOLS, but if the SOLS has more speed shouldn't you be able to throw it farther? I don't think I can. I'll have to take a bunch of both out to the field, now that my curiosity has been raised.

Note: I don't have a big arm. I'm only a 950 rated old man as well. :)

The SOLF and the SOLS are the same disc except for the rim. The SOLF has a concave edge and the SOLS has a flat edge. Concave rim makes it more stable than the flat rim. The SOLS to the SOLF is just like a TL is to a Teebird, same disc just different levels of stability. I dont notice any speed differences betweent the two, just stability differences. I throw my SOLF on hyzer and it will stand up nice and carry about 400ft, where as if I throw my SOLS on a hyzer it will stand up and then turnover and finish hard right at about 360. Most players who can't produce the arm speed can throw the SOLS farther, because it's less stable and takes less spin to flex out and get down the fairway, this doesn't make it faster, it's just more of an appropriate distance driver for that player.

ZAMson said:
Socal19 said:
ZAMson said:
pointdisc said:
Any info about and Exp-1? Found one today and it has piqued my curiosity.
it's an overstable fairway driver
Any idea if they are shipping out protos?
The EXP I was replying about is the regular production EXP-1.

Team members should get 2 testers of any current protos. If you haven't ordered lately, email the warehouse and they'll hook you up. That's assuming you really are Team and not just a sneaky signature-maker :lol:

Protos don't go out for retail.

I love this Proto I have right now. I could have really used it this weekend @ Grateful :( Wish it was approved lol. I can think of about 9 holes I woulda used it on both rounds. It woulda been the perfect distance and fade :)

Fritz said:
ZAMson said:
Socal19 said:
ZAMson said:
pointdisc said:
Any info about and Exp-1? Found one today and it has piqued my curiosity.
it's an overstable fairway driver
Any idea if they are shipping out protos?
The EXP I was replying about is the regular production EXP-1.

Team members should get 2 testers of any current protos. If you haven't ordered lately, email the warehouse and they'll hook you up. That's assuming you really are Team and not just a sneaky signature-maker :lol:

Protos don't go out for retail.

I love this Proto I have right now. I could have really used it this weekend @ Grateful :( Wish it was approved lol. I can think of about 9 holes I woulda used it on both rounds. It woulda been the perfect distance and fade :)

More info about the EXP1:
http://www.discgolfsweden.se/discar/discar_sokdisc.aspx?DiscId=2093
http://www.discgolfsweden.se/discar/discar_sokdisc.aspx?DiscId=2585