• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ask MILLENNIUM Golf Discs (1.8 QJLS are mislabeled QPLS)

Hey Zamson, I wanted to let you know that my doubles partner last night was using a champ glow aviar with your robo-cow design on it. When I asked him about it he said he was using it as his main putter mostly because he loved the stamp so much and everybody asked him where he got such a sweet disc.

He refused to drive with it also because he didn't want to scrape the stamp.

ZAMson said:
the $$$ runs for the firmer end of the spectrum are 1.22 and 1.24, as well as a couple un-numbered (old-style stamp) runs from 2006 (nearly unidentifiable except by hand).
So are the run numbers on the stamp of these discs, or on the underside?

GorillaTactics said:
because Walmart is buying them in huge quantities, no doubt at a heavy discount.

I don't think that explains why you would want to increase costs with a different stamp.

I could see using blems that you would normally sell as X-Outs and putting a different stamp on them to distinguish, but that seems kind of punk, too.

Here's a pic of the 1.24 stamp. There is a small circle near the bottom of the stamp that has "1.24" in it. It's kind of hard to see.

1_24OmegaSS.jpg

ZAMson said:
because stock MILL is stamped in California (before coming to Texas) and Innova East is running this entire walmart deal, including the stamp load and distribution. the walmart discs are the only MILL being stamped on the east coast, so the only stamps they need are the handful of models being sold to walmart -- East wanted to be able to stamp any run of that model and not worry about the particular run origin, which is much easier for West to do as they're produced on-site. only West with the normal stock MILL stamps will be constantly updated with new run numbers and/or designs.

... it's such a disappointingly practical reason :)

Makes perfect sense. Thank you for elucidating that mystery, ZAM.

I didn't mean to imply that the Mill discs at EvilCorp actually are X-Outs. I didn't find any flaws in the ones I examined. I was just giving that as a hypothetical possibility for why you would have different stamps.

East is doing a pretty good job at getting a good distribution of lightweight DX at my local Wally World. There's usually nothing there that I actually throw (no 146g DX Leopards in my bag and no tie-dye), but being the disc junkie that I am, I have to pick through them when I am forced in there to pick up Pampers. I was surprised to find a nice selection of QOLFs, QSents, and QMSs. Though the price is right, I probably won't pick up any backups, since I'm jonesing for the 1.2s. I've got a 1.2 SOLF coming in the mail this week and hope it will meet expectations.

1.2 SOLF coming in the mail this week and hope it will meet expectations
Where did you order from. I can only find 1.1's around here. They are great but I want a 1.2 so I can feel special. Actually I wouldn't be that special. No one I know has really ever even heard of an orion LF never mind thrown one. I throw them a lot and get the most "what disc was that". I tell them it's an orion and get "what's that"

The Natural said:
Where did you order from.

Discgolfcenter had a solitary 175g Orange 1.2 SOLF listed in stock when I was looking a few days ago, and I snatched it up immediately.

I'm crossing my fingers that it's really a 1.2.

ZAMson said:
i saw that rusco had some. look for the bigger galaxy... the galaxy on the 1.2 is larger than on the 1.1 .

here's a pic with notes:

solfides7.jpg
Those are some good looking stamps.

WareHouseDude said:
Mark...how do you like that purple putter?

That baby is sweet! Very grippy with nice glide. It's a 170 and gives me just a bit more glide for the longer putts. It went in the bag immediately! :D

Is there any chance that Millennium will do a full color stamps in the future?

We in Russia would like to make RDGC 2009 a Millennium disc, and as always promise an extraordinary design so it will be a very rare collectible item.