• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

AT&T stadium + disc golf=?

From what I hear it won't be a tournament. Something along the lines of a clinic/party. I bet your right about the broadcasting of the Japan open. Well, I hope your right. That would be cool.

From what I hear it won't be a tournament. Something along the lines of a clinic/party. I bet your right about the broadcasting of the Japan open. Well, I hope your right. That would be cool.

It's going to be a party and a clinic I'm sure but that doesn't mean there won't be a tournament too. ;)

It's going to be a party and a clinic I'm sure but that doesn't mean there won't be a tournament too. ;)

Damn it steeze. You say stuff like this and it gets me all pumped up. You gotta quit playing with my emotions like this! I heard from a little bird it most likely won't be a tournament. You have no idea how much I hope they are wrong.

Very similar to what I expected although even cheaper with a few changes. It was likely not very easy to get approval to have baskets set up in the stadium and discs flying. I don't think I'll be able to spend two days and drive 8 hours each way for it but I think it's going to be everything and more as advertised. I doubt you ever see another event like it in that stadium or any other pro stadium that massive. Pretty cool thing to do I bet it gets some news coverage in the DFW area for sure.

What. Did you watch the video? Did I miss something? I want to know what's going on :|.

Rusco is probably the most ambitious and laid back guy I've ever met. It's kind of rare you meet someone who is both driven and such a hard worker but also very sociable and friendly. Usually it's one or the other. I kind of have to snicker at the people who are saying "that's it" or :yawn: Even though I won't likely make the trip I give credit when it's due. No one else is doing stuff like this in the sport right now. Plus anyone who knows how Jerry Jones is realizes that a lot went in to just getting a tour and discs thrown on the field. That experience and two discs and other goodies in a player pack for fifty bucks is pretty remarkable. If I could be there I would. Just to say I threw on turf stadium of that magnitude. I really don't know what people were expecting. Scoring with the cheerleaders and taking a poop in Jerry's private bathroom? You get to play nine holes on the field and throw from the tunnels. What else could you possibly expect?

I think this event will be more important for its promotion of disc golf outside our sport than in it in terms of recognition and attracting future sponsors.

I kind of have to snicker at the people who are saying "that's it" or :yawn: Even though I won't likely make the trip I give credit when it's due. No one else is doing stuff like this in the sport right now. Plus anyone who knows how Jerry Jones is realizes that a lot went in to just getting a tour and discs thrown on the field.

DC needs to get on DD's level.

:popcorn:

Rusco is doing big things while DC is doing big stamps.

Don't care what they do, if Rusco says it's golden, I believe it, whatever it may be.

:thmbup:

Rusco is probably the most ambitious and laid back guy I've ever met. It's kind of rare you meet someone who is both driven and such a hard worker but also very sociable and friendly. Usually it's one or the other...
Dude is for sure on his promotion and growth game, but dang if he doesn't need to take a public speaking class or something. A little excitement in his voice wouldn't kill him.

I haven't even watched the video that steeze posted. Ill be there no matter what. I've thrown a football on that field but throwing a disc will be way more fun.

Dude is for sure on his promotion and growth game, but dang if he doesn't need to take a public speaking class or something. A little excitement in his voice wouldn't kill him.

It's funny you say that. I always thought he was nervous but everytime I've met him he has spoken exactly the same way. Great guy.

It is kind of funny how nervous he seems when reading from a card on camera. Totally opposite of how he is just talking to you in person. He's not really like that when interviewed though I've seen a few news outlets come from Topeka when they opened the distribution center and it was just fine but when it's just him talking to the camera is seems completely awkward lol.

I agree chuck I don't think it will be anything that big sponsors look at and decide to attach themselves to but if it makes it to some news stations in the DFW it probably will get a few people to wonder about the sport since it's big enough they can rent out the stadium. The biggest thing is that it looks packed. If it's twenty people walking around a giant field throwing discs it will look a little overkill. If you see a few hundred people walking around with their families and a lot of players chucking discs the length of the field that could have an impression. The entire disc golf community in the north texas area needs to show up for this. Make the sport look good.

It's funny you say that. I always thought he was nervous but everytime I've met him he has spoken exactly the same way. Great guy.

Yeah he's just not a real loud boisterous and animated guy. That's why when I said if he's promising something big and memorable you should believe it will be just that because he never seems to be overly excited even when he's telling me things that I think are awesome.

DC needs to get on DD's level.

:popcorn:

Rusco is doing big things while DC is doing big stamps.

:thmbup:

lol still on that DC kick huh. I can't say I disagree with your statement though. I think they are on opposite paths right now and it may be for the best of each company. DD is really behind growing disc golf and their brand right now. DC may have decided that ultimate pays the bills and they don't need to push the limit anymore and is content with their role in the current market. I don't know.