• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

AT&T stadium + disc golf=?

What mold where the discs?

The guy I was with and I both got a truth and a warden. However there were judges and one guy even said he got a verdict. I got mine real early and was gone before 7:30 so I didn't talk to too many people.

Definitely an experience...that I wouldn't do again. Nothing against DD and everyone that helped with the event. I'm sure they put a lot of hard work into everything but the wait times were just too intense for my taste. Waiting for 30 minutes to an hour on almost every hole to throw one disc was painful. I had to leave before playing the coolest hole (the last hole) because it was going to be another 45 minutes and I just couldn't take anymore. Obviously, this is the first time they have done this so they will learn what they need to do to make it better but I probably wouldn't do it again regardless. Playing disc golf in an unrealistic setting just isn't for me. If you enjoyed it, more power too ya..just my opinion and I know it doesn't count for much. :\

Where's Steeze with his attack post.

I've been in tournaments that had 20 min waits at every hole. Maybe next year it will be better with a full 18. It sounds like the majority had a blast though.

Any idea on attendence yet? Did they have the quad copter out taking videos? I would love to see some elevated vids of some shots!

We got in line pretty early, right about 5:00. Had about a half hour wait in line to get in, then about 5 to 10 minutes at most on all the holes, aside from 10. Probably waited 15 or so there, but most of the tunnel holes didn't have any wait.

It sounds like everyone else had fun. Maybe we were just in at a weird time. It took almost 4 hours to get to the last hole for us and all the groups around us were complaining.

It sounds like everyone else had fun. Maybe we were just in at a weird time. It took almost 4 hours to get to the last hole for us and all the groups around us were complaining.

4 hours for 10 holes does sound a bit rough. I went to the stadium for a Father's Day thing last year and got to throw a football on the field. That was amazing but I can't imagine throwing plastic out there. Next year for sure.

4 hours for 10 holes does sound a bit rough. I went to the stadium for a Father's Day thing last year and got to throw a football on the field. That was amazing but I can't imagine throwing plastic out there. Next year for sure.

It was I didn't get to finish cause my ride was there and after six holes takin2/ 1/2 hours. Got to throw through the star out of the tunnel whic was cool. Would have liked the throw the uprights shot but oh well chained out for an ace on hole 2. Had fun wished could done golf and the tour actualy missed tour too as we had to wait so long to golf. Fun time though.

It was I didn't get to finish cause my ride was there and after six holes takin2/ 1/2 hours. Got to throw through the star out of the tunnel whic was cool. Would have liked the throw the uprights shot but oh well chained out for an ace on hole 2. Had fun wished could done golf and the tour actualy missed tour too as we had to wait so long to golf. Fun time though.

The tour wasn't really a big deal. The self guided our takes you to the press room, cowboys locker room and cheerleader locker room. Kinda neat, but not that big of a deal, it usually takes you yo the field, but that's part of the course. The guided tours cover a lot more, I may do that some day.

It's been removed. I kinda thought that this was the definition of a temporary course, but I'm sure there is a good reason for it.
Temporary courses should only be added to the directory if they're going to be used on a recurring basis, so they can provide people who haven't played them a chance to preview them, to go play them the next time they're made available.

At this juncture, this event may be a one time thing, and even if they do it again, the next course may be different.

The AT&T Stadium disc golf Family Experience

-by 'Polar'

First off, my wife is a genius and came up with the idea of getting a hotel room next to the stadium so we wouldn't have to take 2 cars across town and back, or deal with cranky sleepy toddler on the ride home, and generally make this 'experience' easier all around. I know you all were very concerned about him.

We got there at 6, and the line for bag check and registration went pretty quickly so we were only outside in the sun for about 10 minutes. Went from that line to another line down into the seating area, at which point a stadium staffer picked my wife and son out of the line and directed them toward the elevators for the self-guided tour. Spent another 15 minutes or so in that line before getting seated in the lower section by the #1 teepad. I also got a BBQ brisket sandwich and a pretzel from the concession stand, they were 'Jerry-priced' but actually really tasty and fresh.

Ended up seated near the front of the 2nd section, so my group went off earlier than most as they were re-filling the first section with people that came in later. We tee'd just before 7:30, and we finished at 10:30. Most of the groups were 4 and 5 people by the end of the course, and all of them started in groups of 7-10 players. Five of the holes were out on the field and four of them in the tunnels, with #9 going from the tunnel out the service garage onto the field. As far as I know, there was no ring of fire but I did not stay past 10:30, and they were pulling baskets in after the last group played that specific hole.

The big delays were holes 4, 6 and 10. Early on you could see some people on tours (since they did not close the stadium to walk-up tours) out on the field ducking throws, but DD got some employees out there to help manage things. My family left before I got a chance to tee, but they did the tour by themselves and really enjoyed it. Most families did not make it past hole 4, except for one newborn and mother waiting in the seats by #10 about 10:00pm.

I did get an opportunity to speak to Jeremy Rusco before teeing off. He seems like a great guy and someone I'd like to play a round with (*only opinion in this whole piece). We discussed alleviating the wait by using tee-times, but that would require booking the stadium all day at a greater expense. We also talked about their upcoming MADD charity event this weekend at Veteran's Park presented by The Ticket sports radio, and as a dedication to the guy who wanted me to send him the extra $50 I'd pay for this event, I'm donating that $50 to MADD since I won't be able to go to this other event on Saturday.

Here's the link. All players welcome, including first-timers: http://www.theticket.com/common/pag...+Tournament+Benefiting+MADD&id=7293&is_corp=0

All the DD and stadium staffers were friendly and helpful. The best part about this for me was getting to spend 4+ hours talking disc golf with other discers, so in a way it did end up being like a disc golf convention.

picture.php

HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS!

@theotherbill

Nice! It sounds like it turned out great! That's a great pic of the kiddo. I have a couple pics of my girls out there playing football and they are some of my favorite pics I have.

So Bill...in spite of all your hand wringing over the planning of this event you managed to have a good time anyways. Glad to see you changed your attitude. I am impressed. :thmbup:

Latest posts