• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Attention All Die-Hard Roc Fans

I agree, but what if each Roc thrower throws a beat Roc in a similar stability to a Buzzz? I haven't tossed a Buzzz in a long time, is it even possible to beat in a Roc like a brand new Buzzz? I assume you could do it.
Eh, the Buzzz is a low-line "throw it like a driver" disc and the Roc is a high-line "throw it like a putter" disc. So you can have two that are similar stability, but they won't fly the same and you wouldn't throw them the same.

I didn't take the time to read the last 5 pages worth of posts. I just know the champ. roc+ I bought today is the cats meow. Maybe the bees knees. lol

I just bought a kc pro roc and can't wait to try it out tomorrow. I've been using a buzzz and buzzz ss for about a month now. I left those discs in my car one hot afternoon and they warped. =/ They still fly well but idk, I used it as an excuse to finally try out the most popular Innova mid-range disc. =D I'm loving the kc pro plastic feel much better than the z plastic.

I'm not going to read the comments, but I'll tell you I used to have 3 buzzzes. I've stopped and sold them or given them away. I use Rocs, Panther, MD2, and I'm much happier.

IMO, Buzzz will get you there for a safe lay up, but it won't do amazing. It's not floaty enough and is too high speed of a disc to throw with touch.

Still waiting to find a "Birds and the Bees" tournament that was Roc or Buzzz only. Why pick a side when you get a better turn out when you allow both?

I hope I am not the only appreciating this great word play and plus that'd be a sweet tournament

I would probably not go, because if don't want to get a disc I have to use if it's one I know I won't use.

Problem is what ROC and what Buzzz. The Wasp is certainly a better comparison with some ROC molds, but some of the Buzzz molds are better comparisons to other ROC molds.......:wall:

Rancho Roc.! :D

I really feel left out. Been playing frisbee golf for fifteen years and have yet to use a Roc or a Buzzz. Guess I'll order them both. What weights should I get?

^ Save yourself the money and continue to use what is working for you.....seriously.

mids

I really feel left out. Been playing frisbee golf for fifteen years and have yet to use a Roc or a Buzzz. Guess I'll order them both. What weights should I get?

well what mids are you using now? just curious

I just bought a kc pro roc and can't wait to try it out tomorrow. I've been using a buzzz and buzzz ss for about a month now. I left those discs in my car one hot afternoon and they warped. =/ They still fly well but idk, I used it as an excuse to finally try out the most popular Innova mid-range disc. =D I'm loving the kc pro plastic feel much better than the z plastic.

Geez, for me these discs are very different. I don't get why people are comparing them to each other. I have to throw the roc with pretty much the same power as my driving putter (just a little harder). If I try to throw it like I do my buzzz, that woday will flip. If the roc is considered a mid-range then that should make the buzzz a fairway driver in Innova standards. lol

Geez, for me these discs are very different. I don't get why people are comparing them to each other. I have to throw the roc with pretty much the same power as my driving putter (just a little harder). If I try to throw it like I do my buzzz, that woday will flip.

They're compared because, when this "great" rivalry began, the Roc and Buzzz were the two best (almost the only) choices for versatile mids. Because they're so different (no one said they were the same), you get people who fall into one camp or the other. Fast forward many years, and there are many great options in this role, yet the rivalry remains and continues to destroy the shattered skeletal remains of the horse that died and rotted away years ago.

If the roc is considered a mid-range then that should make the buzzz a fairway driver in Innova standards. lol
Midrange classification doesn't encompass one speed. The Roc is on the slow end of the spectrum whereas the Buzzz is on the faster end. If you think Discraft doesn't have mids that are similarly as slow as the Roc, you haven't met the Comet.

this is an argument i have never understood. A wasp is the discraft equivelant of a roc. hold them next to eachother. a buzz flies more like a shark

this is an argument i have never understood. A wasp is the discraft equivelant of a roc. hold them next to eachother. a buzz flies more like a shark

It's not a comparison of flight, it's an argument of which is the better workhorse mid.

Geez, for me these discs are very different. I don't get why people are comparing them to each other. I have to throw the roc with pretty much the same power as my driving putter (just a little harder). If I try to throw it like I do my buzzz, that woday will flip. If the roc is considered a mid-range then that should make the buzzz a fairway driver in Innova standards. lol

FWIW, both the roc and buzzz can handle a whole lot of power. Unless you're putting the roc out over 400', you're not flipping it by overpowering it.