• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Attention Texas Disc Golfers - Play Austin Courses on Saturday

milow369

Birdie Member
Attention Texas Disc Golfers;

This Saturday (Oct. 24th) a usability survey will be conducted on Austin's 5 disc golf courses. The survey will be conducted by volunteers from the Waterloo Disc Golf Club and will take place at Pease Park, Searight, Zilker, Bartholomew and Circle C disc golf courses from dawn to dusk. Local dg players are urged to come out and play these courses and be counted.

The data from the surveys will be compared to similar data gained years ago from the same courses to show the sharp growth of disc golf as a sport/community activity. As a result of more play, disc golf courses require more funds to keep up with the demand. In some cases new courses may be proposed to handle demand.

Please try to make it out to one of the above courses on Saturday, we'd love to talk to you, ask some questions about your disc golf practices & write down your suggestions about how to make disc golf in Austin even better.

Thanks everyone,

Milow369

Great stuff.

But, I'm a little surprised that the census takers are players themselves. I would think the City of Austin would require an impartial group to perform this survey instead of those who are bound to benefit directly from the numbers they report.

Don't get me wrong. I've seen the numbers of players these courses (Pease in particular) try to accommodate and you wouldn't have to cook the numbers to get some added attention.

I'll be there.

Speaking of new Austin courses...what's up with the MetCenter?

Sounds great, but if somebody reads this and goes out to play because of this POST, then you skew the actual results....

I'm slightly frustrated by this because I was planning on heading to Austin to see some college buds this weekend, but got convinced to come Halloween weekend for those sort of festivities. I'll definitely be playing some disc that weekend though. I've only played Pease when I'm in town and I love it, think I might branch out to some other courses next weekend though.

I'm slightly frustrated by this because I was planning on heading to Austin to see some college buds this weekend, but got convinced to come Halloween weekend for those sort of festivities. I'll definitely be playing some disc that weekend though. I've only played Pease when I'm in town and I love it, think I might branch out to some other courses next weekend though.

Yeah, Pease and Bart are the closest to the campus area, but Bart would probably be the last course I'd recommend to play in Austin (click here to see why). Then you basically have 3 top quality courses about 20-30 minutes from campus and in three different directions: Circle C, East Metro, and Wilco. They're all amazing courses with concrete tees and challenging holes, but I'd recommend Circle C if you can only play one. It's become my favorite course in Austin since the redesign. Another nice little disc golf trip is to play the two Brushy Creek courses-- an easier, but fun 18 hole course, and a challenging, wooded 9 holer. Theses courses are in the same direction as Wilco, but a little closer to campus.

Last edited:
I've been wanting to come down for a while now and play Circle C again since they revamped it...just haven't had a chance yet. Soon.

could the numbers be used against the course by tree huggers , you know overuse causes run-off ,erosion,tree damage,squirell deaths,various hippie crap,etc ..

it seems like this could be a double edged sword, the numbers you already have might be pretty high and those or over-inflated daily/weekly numbers could get you more funding from supportive city people but might also help support the claims of anti-dg city people to pull courses.

if they are planning on giving this info to the city/county they might want to feel them out a little. It might be better to slightly under inflate the numbers.

could the numbers be used against the course by tree huggers , you know overuse causes run-off ,erosion,tree damage,squirell deaths,various hippie crap,etc ..

it seems like this could be a double edged sword, the numbers you already have might be pretty high and those or over-inflated daily/weekly numbers could get you more funding from supportive city people but might also help support the claims of anti-dg city people to pull courses.

if they are planning on giving this info to the city/county they might want to feel them out a little. It might be better to slightly under inflate the numbers.

I'd suggest that the numbers be reported as they are. The OP stated what the numbers will be used for.

from initial post this is to see numbers playing for more funding....so hope this gets people out there and if they are aware they are being watched class it up to give disc golf a good name.

just was there on vacation and circle c is great since revamp and east metro is one of best courses ever. austin lives outdoors don't think they'd use number against anyone. healthy universe. just go play your best.

I haven't gotten to play it yet, but it looks like the baskets are in and the teepads are complete. According to this review it's playable. Man I wish I was in town this weekend...

Thanks for the heads up. Went to play it today and it was awesome.

Ha, funny I read this now. I played in Cedar Park yesterday.... I guess I need to check in more often.

Latest posts