• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Auzcar's ITB

Played a nice round at league night, my confidence needed that. Threw the DD3 and Destroyer really well. Discs in bold got to see action during the round.

Keystone x2
Berg

Proxy - Envy - Zone - Zone OS

Fuse - Hex - Pyro - Justice

Virus - Crave - Teebird3 - Felon - Flare

Tern - DD3 - Destroyer x2 - Panic

Fuse, Hex and Pyro had one throw each, and all of them were bad. Got most of the job done with the DD3, Destroyer and Flare from the tee and then the Zone's for the upshots.

Last edited:
Mediocre League round. Discs in bold was thrown. Not sure the Virus is flippy enough to be my flippy roller, might need something else. As usual the Ecliose Envy, Zone, Flare, DD3 and Destroyer did most work.

Keystone x2
Berg

Envy x2 - Zone
- Zone OS

Uplink - Hex - Reactor - Justice

Virus - Crave - Teebird3 - Felon - Flare

Last edited:
Really well played league round, 1000-ish, discs in bold was thrown.

Keystone x2
Berg

Origin - Hex - Reactor - Pyro

Crave - Teebird3 - Felon x2 - Flare

Bolt - Tern - DD3 - Destroyer x2 - Panic

These are stats from my last rounds, not sure how many though. Been leaning more on putters than mids, it used to be the other way around. I use my OS fairways a lot.

bZcNT6V_d.webp

Solo round in the wind.

Keystone x2
Berg

Origin - Hex - Reactor

Crave - Teebird3 - Felon - Firebird - Flare

Bolt - Tern - DD3 - Destroyer x2 - Panic

Been throwing around some Cloudbreakers, both Horizon and the regular S-Blend, and both of these fly very similar to my Sockibots that I love and are running low on. Contrary to what seems to be the opinion on the web my S-Blend is more OS than my two Horizons, but the difference is quite small. Definitely noticeable though.

Last edited:
Solo round in the calm.

Keystone x2
Berg

Origin
- Hex - Reactor

Tern - DD3 - Destroyer x2
- Panic

I'm feeling really dialed in with my bag atm.

The Origin (Midnight Prowl 2) have very quickly filled a slot I've had trouble filling for a long time.

The same goes for the new S-line DD3's, very nice stability for hyzer flipping and the only disc in my bag that routinely gets me over 500' if I really go after it.

I also think that the new regular S-Blend Cloudbreakers can fill the role when I run out of my Sockibot Destroyers which I only got a couple left of. Atm I can only find green ones though, will have to wait for restock and hope that run flies the same.

League round in heavy wind.

I've found a really nice trio in my distance drivers;
  • The new S-line DD3's are hyzer flip and turnover bombers
  • The Sockibot Destroyers remain as my straight, reliable and workable main driver
  • And the bottom stamps and/or 2x Ricky Destroyers are more OS and reliable in the wind.
I'm running out of Sockibots but the new S-Blend Cloudbreakers both fly and feel very similar, if I could find them in any other color than green I would buy some more.

Keystone x2
Berg

Proxy - Envy
- Zone - Zone OS

Origin - Hex - Reactor

Tern - DD3 - Destroyer x2
- Panic

Lost my Firebird that was the disc I've owned the longest, probably the disc with most throws on it as well. It won't make a difference for my game but it still hurts.

Solo round on a more wooded course.

Keystone x2
Berg

Origin
- Reactor - Pyro

Crave - Teebird3 - Felon - Flare

Tern - DD3 - Destroyer x3
- Panic

There's still three-ish months left until the snow is gone and I can start throwing for real but I've acquired a bunch of new molds during the winter that I'm looking forward to trying:

Hardy/Softy Candy (putting)
-
Eclipse Glitch
K1 Berg X
Stego
Steady Popcorn
Steady Peppermint
-
Neutron Detour
Aura Pathfinder
-
L64 Diamond (trick shots)
Neutron Ascend
Steady Soda
ESP Passion
S-Line FD
Steady Lotus
Ethos Votum
Ethos Construct
Ethos Coalesce
Steady Spice
Ethos Omen
-
Steady Wild Honey
Hurricane
Neutron Time Lapse
Halo Boss
Z Swirl Venom
Z Lite Nuke OS

I'm still a bit on the hunt for a distance driver that shows just a little bit of turn and a reliable fade, something between a new Destroyer and my S-Line DD3's. The Horizon Cloudbreaker's have been the closest out of the box but my beat in Sockibots are the ones I like the most as they're flatter and more controllable imo.

Last edited:
This is the bag I'm starting the season with but there's a few slots that I might want to change.

Keystone x2

Berg - Berg X
Envy x2 - Zone - Zone OS
Origin - Hex - Reactor - Pyro
Essence - Crave - Teebird3
Era - Felon - Flare

* Haven't thrown the Berg X yet but I expect it to take a slot immediately since I've wanted a Berg that fades for a while now.

* I love the Envy but I might want to compliment it with a glidier and less stable putter, eyballing the popcorn atm.

* I love my mids but I'm not 100% sure how to set it up, this will most likely change during the season with discs coming in and out.

* I want something flippier than the Essence (IE stupidly trickshot flippy), hoping the Diamond can be that.

* Want to change the Teebird3, it's fine but I don't love it, eyeballing the Lotus and Votum.

* I'm bored with my Felons and will try some contenders for this slot, being most excited about the Spice.

* Distance drivers are almost money, just looking for the out of the box solution for something that flips up slightly but finishes reliable. Some Destroyers fill this out of the box but they vary so much. Cloudbreakers are a decent option as well.

Got to throw some today for the first time in months, still >50cm snow though. Teepads was cleared but it was a short course, 95% putter throws. Got to throw some new molds though:

* The Steady Popcorn seems really nice as a less stable complement to my Envy. I really like it in my hand and the flight is pretty neutral with a slight flip up, threw a lot of great shots with it. Will almost certainly make the bag.

* Berg X is more stable than the Berg, but the difference isn't huge. It's still too straight for flex shots but it will probably still make the bag and otherwise I can see a scenario where I bag this instead of the regular Berg.

* The Construct is definitely more overstable than my Era which is the disc it fights with for a spot. It will probably turn more when the summer comes and if it does it's a nice disc, the Era can get away from me at times and I would like some more predictability. Too early to say.

* Threw one power forehand with the Time Lapse (~115m) and it seems less stable than my fresh-ish Destroyers. It will be interesting to see what it does on a backhand when summer comes.

* Threw a sick shot with the Diamond; spike hyzer angle to turnover and went long on a 115m hole, that disc seems fun and will probably replace my Essence that I use for quick flip rollers and fun trick shots.

* The Detour seems more overstable than my Origin, almost the same flight as my Hex, which is not what I want. Probably not gonna make the bag.

* I only had one stand still flex forehand with the Spice, but it seems nice and overstable but still very workable. It's definitely not a meathook.

Last edited:
There's still three-ish months left until the snow is gone and I can start throwing for real but I've acquired a bunch of new molds during the winter that I'm looking forward to trying:
So I've done something similar and picked up quite a few molds to see if I can work them in the bag, and I'm a bit at a loss for how to best compare several molds at once. Do you have a method? Just throw them in the field, Player A vs B rounds?

So I've done something similar and picked up quite a few molds to see if I can work them in the bag, and I'm a bit at a loss for how to best compare several molds at once. Do you have a method? Just throw them in the field, Player A vs B rounds?
I throw them in the field, at least that's the first step. Usually I have a good idea of what I'm looking for in the flight compared to the disc it might replace. If it passes that I put it in the bag and play with it during practice rounds, usually throwing both discs when opportunity is given. After that I usually now if it will make the bag or not. For me the field is where I can best compare differences in flight but the course is where I find out if I can trust and rely on the disc.

I'm gonna revise my thoughts on the Detour, it definitely turns quite a bit, will test it out for real when spring comes.

Some notes that I already knew, but got reminded of the last two winter rounds;

* I need to get better at powering down. The winter course I play is very short and there's a lot of short and straight holes (50-80m, 165-265'). These types of shots have always been one of my weak points and I have so much trouble hitting my lines when I have to power down, that's why I love the Berg so much, but this is a skill I need to learn.

* I feel I have a lot of untapped potential on the FH. If I could only fix my OAT/wobble and get a cleaner release I think it could become a real asset as I feel I can generate enough power already. I haven't really tried fixing this with intention, this might be the season that I do.

Last edited:
* Loving the Steady Popcorn, it's super point and shoot while still being very torque resistant. It's gonna be a staple alongside the Envy.

* I probably won't be putting with the Candy since it's too glidey. It works well in the calm but I'm almost certain it doesn't handle wind that well. Probably gonna go back to the Reko's since I had wind problems with my Keystone last year as well.

* The Candy throws well though, I have it in both Hardy and Softy and both are contenders for the hyzerflip/turnover slot among my putters. Gonna compare it to Hardy/Softy Popcorns later on.

* Put my old K3 Berg back in the bag and it's great. Hyzer flip to straight or flat to turnover, great disc. I now have three Berg's (*one Berg X) in the bag though, and that might be too many even though they fly very different.

* The Era has become too flippy and it's coming out of the bag. Might put a new one in or it might get swapped for something else, I still have high hopes for the Construct.

* Having three Berg's in the bag with different stabilities is awesome on shorter courses, they do so much work for me. Probably not ever gonna go back to just one haha.

* I'm glad I stocked up on the new "flippy" S-Line DD3's in case they were to change the next run, because these fly so money for me. Very neutral and on a hyzer flip they fly a very tight line. And far.

* Hardy Popcorn is definitely less stable than the Steady right out of the box. Probably gonna bag this or the Hardy Candy as my understable throwing putter. Popcorn feels faster but less glidey, flatter as well.

Trying stuff out.

Candy x2

Berg x2 - Berg X
Popcorn x2 -Envy - Zone - Zone OS
Origin - Hex - Pyro
Diamond - Crave - Lotus - Spice - Flare
Tern - DD3 - Cloudbreaker - Destroyer x2

I've tried some of the new molds enough to form some kind of opinion, but still only in snowy conditions. Here are some quick thoughts:

Hardy/Softy Candy (putting)
  • Maybe, maybe not. Probably gonna stick with my Keystones (or Rekos if I want something more stable, might have a place as a throwing putter though)
-
Eclipse Glitch
K1 Berg X
  • Definitely gonna be in the bag as it's a Berg that fades (a little bit).
Stego
  • Stupidly OS, probably not gonna kick the Zone OS out but might be in there as an even more overstable complement that doesn't skip.
Steady Popcorn
  • Great neutral throwing putter that goes far. Needs more testing if this can be a straighter complement to my Envys.
Steady Peppermint
  • Inbetween the Zone and Zone OS in stability but feels deeper in the hand, I like the disc but I probably like my Zones more.
-
Neutron Detour
  • Needs more testing, seems to be a nice disc but probably not gonna beat my Hex and Origin.
Aura Pathfinder
  • Needs more testing. Flies great though.
-
L64 Diamond (trick shots)
  • Super super flippy. 100% gonna be in the bag.
Neutron Ascend
Steady Soda
ESP Passion
  • Needs more testing. Seems more stable than I anticipated.
S-Line FD
  • Liked this more than I expected. Right now this is the top contender over the Passion. It might or might not replace the Crave. Want something longer than the Crave, otherwise I love that disc.
Steady Lotus
  • It's either this or the Construct, or both... I really like how this one flies. It flips up from a small hyzer and fades reliable, can take a lot of power even on flat releases.
Ethos Votum
Ethos Construct
  • Same flight as the Lotus basically, but a little faster. What this has going for it over the Lotus is that it sits really well in my FH, and I haven't had a fairway that I can throw this straight on the FH before.
Ethos Coalesce
Steady Spice
  • Definitely needs more testing but it has a good chance to kick the Felon out.
Ethos Omen
-
Steady Wild Honey
Hurricane
  • Needs more testing but seems promising as a straight to fade driver with a slight flip up. Pretty flat.
Neutron Time Lapse
  • Same flight as the Hurricane, but domey and stuff.
Halo Boss
[COLOR=var(--text)]Z Swirl Venom[/COLOR]
Z Lite Nuke OS

Latest posts