• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Auzcar's ITB

Finally got my hands on a couple of S-OLF's (1.7) and they feel great in the hand. Looking forward to throwing them but it's still a meter of snow so it might be a while...

This is the bag I'm planning on starting the season with:

3x Keystone

2x Envy
2x Zone
Uplink
Hex
Reactor
Justice
Essence
Crave
3x OLFs (Q, S and M)
2x Flare
Slab
Tern
3x Destroyer

Feels pretty solid. I might try a Glitch to replace the beat in Keystone that I use for soft upshots and I might be looking at getting a Premium Slab. Other than that I need to figure out a backup disc for my beat in Destroyers that I keep on losing, I'm not sure the Gstar is it...

The Keystone is too flippy to throw for more than trick shots. I've been throwing the Proxy a bit and it seems nice enought but I need some more time with it. I'm not sure it flies as nicely as my beat in electron Envy that I lost last season.

I've been trying and jumping between so many fairway molds the last few years that it's just a matter of picking a couple and sticking with them, I have a bunch that I really like. I own the most of Flare, Firebird, OLF and Craves, so might as well stick to those.

Planning on testing some more distance drivers this year since that is a part of my bag I haven't really given much attention. I almost only throw Destroyers and try to make them work in most situations, but having some less stable options that I don't have to throw so hard would be nice. I think that a larger spread in stability in my distance drivers would be beneficial as well as cutting down some in the fairway and mid department.

On a whim I threw a Berg in the bag before my last round and ended up using it a lot. It's a disc that haven't been in the bag much lately pretty much only because it doesn't "fit" in either of the slots I've decided I want to fill, but when it's in the bag I love it and use it all the time. I'm starting to realise how silly that is...

It's probably smarter to fill the bag with discs I really love and then take it from there instead of starting to decide upon slots and then try to fit discs into those. I do like order and symmetry though... xD

Last edited:
Have received a few distance drivers to test out and now there's nine of them in the bag, yeez. Looking forward to testing the Mayhem and Octane this weekend, but there's still a lot of snow. Right now these are the DD's in my bag to audition for slots:

Orbit Bolt
Star Tern
*Neutron Mayhem
*Neutron Octane
*Neo Enigma
Gstar Destroyer
2x Star Destroyer
Metal Flake Slab

* = New ones I haven't yet thrown, although I did have another Enigma in the bag a few weeks last year until I lost it.

I'm gonna take out the Crave for a bit and see how that works out. It sits in a weird spot in my bag as it's slow enough that I feel I need something inbetween it and my DD's with similar stability, and it's not stable enough to fill my straight slot while not being understable enough to fill my understable slot (except my beat in one). Might just rock the OLF's and a fresh Essence, we'll see.

Played a round today in half decent conditions, tee pads free of snow at least and only snowy and wet on 7-8 holes. It's a shorter course and I only got a few throws with the DD's, but the Mayhem is looking good, we'll see when summer comes around and I can put full power on it.

I'm falling deeper and deeper in love with my Hex, it's now at the point of perfect stability and always seem to do exactly what I expect. The Eclipse Reactor is not far behind but I use it a bit less often.

Crave is back in, **** that experiment didn't last long...

I very very rarely use my really understable discs (Uplink, beat Keystone, Essence, Bolt) and think that I might free up some space and remove them. I feel most comfortable and accurate when releasing on a slight anhyzer and thus I very rarely use anything less stable than a Hex or Crave for example. If I want something to go right I rather take something neutral and start it on a slight anhyzer, or flat. I also have a serviceable FH up to 100m which takes care of the times when I need the movement to occur later in the flight.

I like making experiments by only bringing a certain type of disc to the course and I've actually scored very well when I've brought only my OS discs. I especially remember one round where I was close to shooting a personal best at my home course with only my Zone, Justice, Firebird and Destroyer.

Today was the first snow free round for the season and I shot what might be my best round in my life. Definitely the best on a wooden course. Would've rated 1039 in the last tournament on that course, not that you can compare a casual round to tournament, but whatever, I'm proud xD

Threw one in with the Berg from 50-60m for eagle as well, like I said earlier it's staying put.

I'm more in tune with my mids and putters than I've ever been, at least with my main throwers. Right now I'm leaning towards Neutron Proxy over a beat in Electron Envy as I really prefer premium plastic and those discs feel very similar in hand. I'm also not sure if the Uplink has a spot in my bag, I like it in theory and it feels good in my hand but I rarely use it and when I do the result is usually less than optimal.

Keystone x2

Proxy - Envy - Zone - Zone OS

Hex x2 - Reactor - Justice

Crave - Teebird3 - Felon - Flare

Bolt - Tern - Octane x2 - Destroyer - Panic

I can't remember ever feeling as satisfied with my bag as I do right now. If I can sort out the turning distance drivers I'll feel real good. Not sure I need the Teebird3 but it doesn't do any harm being in there, I throw it well, just never use it...

I was hesitant at first but I'm liking the Panic more and more. It's even starting to become a real workhorse when I either can't reach it with the Flare or don't wan't to have to juice it so hard, which is often since that disc does not glide...

Been throwing around a new S-line DD3 and this might be what I'm after as it flies and feels very much like a slightly beat in Destroyer. Feels like I can shape most lines with this disc but it still has some stability.

Keystone x2

Proxy - Envy - Zone x2 - Zone OS

Hex x2 - Reactor - Justice

Crave - SOLF - Felon x2 - Flare

Bolt - Tern - DD3 - Destroyer x2 - Panic

The DD3 is not as stable as I first thought, I would not throw it in a headwind, but in the calm or in a tailwind it bombs. It's been a while since I threw over 500' in the field but managed to do so with the DD3 the other day, my ego needed that. Hyzer flip to turn and then a small fade in the end.

Lost my beat in Hex in a poorly played league round, putter was cold as hell and I missed eight birdie putts from inside the circle. Uplink is back in I guess. Bolt is out and Virus is in as my slower, flippier roller.

Keystone x2

Proxy - Envy - Zone x2 - Zone OS

Uplink - Hex - Reactor

Virus - Crave - Teebird3 - Felon x2 - Flare

Tern - DD3 - Destroyer x2 - Panic

Started to change my putting stroke and introducing some push, instead of my usual 100% spin putt coming from the upper stomach. I will most likely lose a bit of range, but if it gets my percentage up in the circle I'm fine with it as I need to stop messing up in the 6-15m range.

Bagwise I think the Eclipse Reactor might be coming out, it's a very good disc that I really like but it's just not overstable enough to use for flex shots or rely on in the wind. Think I'm going straight back to the Pyro and probably doesn't have to try anything else.

Trying the Fuse again instead of the Uplink since I feel the Uplink is just too flippy, but it do feel much better in the hand than the Fuse...

Keystone x2
Berg

Envy x2 - Zone - Zone OS

Fuse - Hex - Pyro - Justice

Virus - Crave - Teebird3 - Felon x2 - Flare

Tern - DD3 - Destroyer x2 - Panic

Last edited:
I seem to have landed in a philosophy for building my bag that seems to work well for me. I work in four different stabilities for each of the common speed classes:

US: Should hyzer flip to turn if thrown low or hold a turnover the whole way if thrown high and flat.
S: Should fly straight when released flat or on a slight hyzer, preferably with a small fade.
OS: Moderately OS. Should fly straight and then fade quite hard, or fight out to fade from a small anhyzer.
Very OS: Pretty much as OS as possible, should always fade and never turn, in all conditions.

I can also look at it in terms of shot types, if it can comfortably shape these lines/scenarios it's probably good.

US: High flat to turnover
S: Tunnel shots
Very OS: ... stupidly OS

I've found that this gives me more confidence in my discs and if a disc doesn't fly like the slot it's in, i'm probably looking for a replacement. Right now it looks like this if I were going to a tournament:

US: Proxy, Uplink, Crave, Tern
S: Envy, Hex, Teebird3, DD3
Very OS: Zone OS, Justice, Flare, Panic

There's a few discs that maybe doesn't quite do the intended job:

Proxy (not US enough)
Uplink (too flippy)
Reactor (not OS enough)

But other than that I'm very satisfied. I also add a roller disc (Virus), a water driver I don't mind losing (atm it's an Octane) as well as a Berg in the putter pocket.

Really digging the new S-Line DD3. This is the missing puzzle piece for my DD line up.