• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Auzcar's ITB

This is how the bag is looking right now, feeling pretty solid. Need to sort out the flippy mid and the throwing putters. I love the Eclipse Envy but it's quite overstable, need to flex it if I want a straight shot, or put serious amount of power into it. Think I want something glidier and more effortlessly straight besides it in premium plastic as well as baseline that I can beat into understable. Will take out and test the Rekos and Roaches again, I used to like to throw those for straighter lines. Intrigued by the Pilot as well.

Keystone

Electron Envy
Eclipse Envy
Zone

Uplink / Fuse
Hex
Eclipse Reactor
Justice

Essence (rollers)
Crave
Teebird3
Anax
Firebird x2
Flare

Wraith x2
Destroyer x3

Keeping stats on how often I throw each of my discs have made me realise that I lean heavily on just a few types of discs and would probably play just as well only bagging:

Putting Putter

Straight driving putter
Overstable approach

Straight mid

Neutral/Hyzer flip fairway
Really overstable fairway

Straight to fade distance driver

(I have about 16 rounds logged and will summarize the results when I hit 20)

I decided to move back to the Buzzz over the Hex and Reactor, they're all really good discs but I have a big stack of Buzzz's and don't really ser the need to switch. The Eclipse Reactor might stay in the bag but to be honest I haven't thrown it much, it's usually a Buzzz/Hex or a Justice instead. The stats have shown that I use my mids almost exclusively to throw straight and if I want fade or a turnover I step up to a fairway or down to a putter.

I also took out the Undertakers again. They have been removed from the bag numerous of times for reasons I don't know but damn is it a nice disc. I tried a Ti and and this flies much more stable than my Z's, to the point where I can trust it not to turn over.

I love the Craves but they are to understable to be a straight and versatile disc for me. They do fill the understable slot very well though, just as the Relay, and I could bag either of them for the same purpose. I do need to compliment it with something more overstable that flips up, rides straight and finishes left. Both the more stable Undertakers and the Teebird3's can fill this role, just need to decide.

Bag right now:

Keystone
Envy
Zone

Fuse
Buzzz
Justice

Crave
Undertaker or Teebird3
Firebird

Essence (rollers)
Flare (stupidly OS stuff)

Wraith's
Destroyer's

I threw the Undertaker's and Teebird3's in the field today alongside the Crave (which has cemented a spot in the bag already) and I think I'm leaning towards the Teebird3. It gives me more separation from the Craves while still being very straight, the plastic also feels mich better in my hand. Honestly I find very small differences in flight between my MF Teebird3's and my more stable Undertakers, the Undies to have more turn, which I like, but the net flight is pretty equal. My Teebird3s won't flex out from an anny.

I'll rock the Crave/Teebird3 combo for a month or so and then I'll evaluate.

I'm on a trip with the family for a month and only brought 11 discs with me, so far I've played 5 rounds and the only disc I've missed is my Eclipse Reactor. The Anax would've been nice to have sometimes as well but powering down on the Destroyer or up on the Firebird have been doing fine in those situations. Discs I brought:

Keystone
Envy x2 (overstable Eclipse + slightly US Electron)
Zone
Hex
Crave
Undertaker
Firebird x2 (straighter star + beefcake champion)
Wraith (beat, quite understable)
Destroyer

I've thrown the Wraith one time so far... usually the Crave is long enough for those shots and I'm still in love with that disc. The Hex have been really good to me as well and I've been leaning on that along with the Firebirds, Destroyer and putters. Just like I do on my home courses.

I really do think I would manage pretty well with only the putters, Hex, Firebird and Destroyer. The Hex is stupid long... I went 5m past the basket on a wide open 120m hole, which blew my mind. I've never thrown a mid that far on flat ground and no wind. It was on a second tee shot and I most certainly didn't expect to reach the hole with the Hex.

Putting is going in the right direction as well, I really like the Keystone in my hand.

Played some more new courses as well as a local tournament. Let's not talk about my performance. Please.

Still the only disc I've really missed is the Eclipse Reactor, the Anax could possibly have made a couple of shots easier as well. Leaning heavily on the Hex, Firebird and Destroyer off the tee.

(times thrown during the two tournament rounds)

Keystone
(7) Envy x2
(6) Zone
(8) Hex
(3) Crave
(1) Undertaker (lost in water today)
(16) Firebird
(0) Wraith (barely thrown)
(13) Destroyer

Lost my favourite and most beat in Destroyer today, may it rest in peace. The same goes with my main Electron Envy, but that will be easier to replace.

Found a very fresh Trust with no ink though, flies like my Reactors. It's a bit deeper
, otherwise it felt very good.

Keystone
Envy x2
Zone x2

Hex x2
Reactor

Essence (rollers)
Crave
Undertaker
Anax
Firebird x3

Wraith
Destroyer x4

There's a couple slots in the bag that still doesn't feel right.

I kinda sort of like my Wraith's but it's only the beat in ones that get any sort of use and I would prefer something more understable out of the box. I basically want a 10-12 speed hyzer flip tunnelshot disc. I have an Era that I really liked and will audition in this slot.

The other being that slightly more overstable 7-9 speed slot to complement the Crave, something that flies -1/2. The Teebird3's simply don't have the turn I'd like and thus I have to throw them flatter than I'd like. The Ti Undertakers fly pretty spot on to what I want but they don't feel great in my hand. I've got a few discs on order to try out in this slot:

Cosmic Neutron Volt
400 FX-3
K1 Lots
QOLF

I'm psyched to try the Volt and the FX-3, both seem like they could fit. I guess that the Lots will be less stable than I want and the QOLF I don't really know what to expect from. If none of these work I'll keep on rocking the Undertakers.

The other being that slightly more overstable 7-9 speed slot to complement the Crave, something that flies -1/2.

I've been throwing OLFs for this spot to complement my Craves and I highly recommend it. My QOLF has a nice workable overstability, and my SOLF and fresh MOLF are a bit straighter but still come out of flex/turned over lines that a Crave likes to hold. They fly a more driver-ish, baby Wraith line for me (my beat in MOLF flies like a 9 speed seasoned Pro Wraith) that complements the straight, angle holding flight of my stable Crave.

I've been throwing OLFs for this spot to complement my Craves and I highly recommend it. My QOLF has a nice workable overstability, and my SOLF and fresh MOLF are a bit straighter but still come out of flex/turned over lines that a Crave likes to hold. They fly a more driver-ish, baby Wraith line for me (my beat in MOLF flies like a 9 speed seasoned Pro Wraith) that complements the straight, angle holding flight of my stable Crave.

I was looking for a SOLF but the webshop I ordered from only had QOLF's and MOLF's. I suspect the QOLF will be a smidge too OS for what I want but if it feels good in the hand I might try a SOLF and/or MOLF as well.

How would you compare the flight of a Q/S/M OLF to an Undertaker (if you've ever thrown one)?

I like the stability of the Era, but it's very glidey and fast and I'd prefer something with less speed and glide for some more control in this slot.

I was looking for a SOLF but the webshop I ordered from only had QOLF's and MOLF's. I suspect the QOLF will be a smidge too OS for what I want but if it feels good in the hand I might try a SOLF and/or MOLF as well.

How would you compare the flight of a Q/S/M OLF to an Undertaker (if you've ever thrown one)?

I like the stability of the Era, but it's very glidey and fast and I'd prefer something with less speed and glide for some more control in this slot.

I threw Undertakers as my workhorse fairway (Z and Ti Swirl) before switching to OLFs + Craves. I switched primarily because the Undertaker wasn't a consistent hyzer flipper for me and it didn't jive with my forehand both as far as feel and because they don't have a lot of LSS if you overcook/force over your shot. I also really like Pro plastic so the availability of MOLFs and x-outs for the other plastics was a big selling point for me.

The OLF shares the Firebird rim so it was an easy transition for me, and the Millennium Standard plastic picks up some turn while keeping some bite at the end for more of an S shape whereas the Undertaker was more of a one angle disc for me. I use a stable Crave for that type of shot now but I find them much more comfortable to forehand.

I was nervous about the QOLF being too beefy but mine has a smidge more turn than the Vultures and Alphas I was throwing but still has similar overall stability, so it works well on my more naturally hyzer release.

There are a lot of OLF experts on DGCR who can speak from more experience than me. I've been very happy with the switch.

This sounds very intriguing indeed. If there's anything I want to change in the Undertakers flight it's more fade, I still want turn though, that is very important, otherwise I can step up to a Anax/Thunderbird type disc.

I want a fisc that I can flip up from a hyzer but still fades reliably, or release flat and get an S-flight.

This sounds very intriguing indeed. If there's anything I want to change in the Undertakers flight it's more fade, I still want turn though, that is very important, otherwise I can step up to a Anax/Thunderbird type disc.

I want a fisc that I can flip up from a hyzer but still fades reliably, or release flat and get an S-flight.

That sounds like an MOLF with a little seasoning on it.

I got to test the Lots and Volt today, in pretty high winds though.

The Lots is too understable, not much more to say, it handled a headwind even worse than my Craves and doesn't have much fight in it in the calm either.

The Volt was more interesting, definitely a bit more overstable than what I was looking for but sits very well in my hand, like every other MVP mold I've tried. Very predictable but didn't show much turn at all.

Had a good field session as well as round today testing the FX-3 and QOLF for the first time as well as retesting some molds against discs in my bag. I was very impressed with both the FX-3 and QOLF.

The FX-3 was less stable than I anticipated and slots in between an Undertaker and an Era, both in speed and stability. The numbers are fair but the glide should be 5 instead of a 4 IMO. Very nice neutral fairway for hyzer flips, tunnel shots and turnovers. This is the first Prodigy disc I've tried and the 400 plastic was very nice and gummy.

The QOLF was also less stable than I anticipated. I don't know why I expected it to fly beefier than the numbers but probably because it's made by Innova. If I put some power behind it it showed a slight turn but it really liked to push straight with a very mellow fade at the end. Just overstable enough for me to trust it in the open and slight headwinds. I could put it on a slight anny to get a fairly narrow S-curve or crank it high on anny and have it pan out.

Both discs went far, I was pushing 130m with both and had a couple even past that with the FX-3.

Both discs might take a spot in the bag, almost certainly the FX-3 will. I will keep testing them with a fairway setup looking like this for a few rounds:

Crave
FX-3
QOLF
Firebird x2
Flare

Latest posts