• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!

A sad avenger story is when i thought itd be a good idea to attach a light pod to an old stamp z.
I had it worked out perfectly; The avenger was clear and light weight enough that even with the 10g light pod, it was still legal weight.
It hit a ghost branch and flipped nasty right into the pond on it first night fligt :( even worse was that the super bright pod light lit up the pond, taughting me. Hole 8 at the 8 mile course is sneaky at night.

The z avenger is my go to control driver,very workable disc on many lines. A newer avenger will go dead straight w/ a hard fade at the end,the pd's I tried would track right slightly, before fading.

My seasoned z avenger released flat will go dead straight and finish straight,or thrown w/ an anny release hold that line to the end. Powered down,or standstill throws,it will act like a newer avenger,very controllable powered down for me.

Lastly, my esp avenger,is for flex shots in the 300' to 350' range,or big spike hyzers of the same distance. I can release this disc w/ slight anny,and know it's coming back when and where I want it to,or release on a hyzer line,and know when it's hooking and where,so controllable,underrated disc imo.

I would put this disc between a pd and a teebird,but only better than both.

i honestly think the avenger is a second rate PD and i'm probably not in the minority on that.

Look at my sig, and you'll see I am a Discraft fanboy, but I agree with this statement. I just switched to PD's from Avengers. Specifically I went from ESP Avenger to S-PD. I couldn't be happier with the switch. The Avenger stayed too overstable and does not fight wind as well as a PD. I also think the PD has more glide and a straighter flight path (till the fade at the end).

The pd's I had (cpd's) were crap in the wind,would turn and not come back,my avengers handle wind just fine,well all but my seasoned one.I'm talking headwind here.

I don't like it, I picked up a Z about the same time I picked up a PD and honestly I think it's inferior.

Less glide
Doesn't power down well
Not as stable as advertised at high speeds

I find the exact opposite to be true.

IME the Avenger has better glide, is extremely controllable, and has a great hook OTB. IME the Orc and the Avenger are very close and the only real difference is that the Avenger is a large diameter disc. I carry a seasoned Avenger that's about 4 years old and I can put it on any line and make it stick and if your flipping it new there is prolly an OAT issue.

I find the exact opposite to be true.

IME the Avenger has better glide, is extremely controllable, and has a great hook OTB. IME the Orc and the Avenger are very close and the only real difference is that the Avenger is a large diameter disc. I carry a seasoned Avenger that's about 4 years old and I can put it on any line and make it stick and if your flipping it new there is prolly an OAT issue.

This man speaks the troof.

0515120822.jpg

I really like the Avenger....Its the only disc I have ever seen that can actually be thrown flat stay straight and end straight. Usually it will fade back a bit at the end, but at times when its thrown just right it will hold the line and just sit down. Its a very versitile disc. Hyzer, Flat, Anhyzer, backhand, sidearm, and overhand. I use two: the Black for my Z bag, and the FLX for my flx bag. The FLX it still very new and I use it primaily for sidearm drives. Its much more overstable than the Zs, but at 70% power on a slight anhyzer it will make a beautiful s flex shot for consistant distance of 300ft. The Avenger is deff woth trying, but remember the Z with be pretty stable at first...but once it breaks in it will get straigher and longer.

Not too shocked here,this disc is often overlooked.

My avengers have been staples in my bag for a few yrs now.I don't throw any fairway drivers,I use my mids an awful lot,my avengers bridge the gap between my mids and wider rimmed drivers. Avengers are easy to power down on,and can be used like one would a teebird ,eagle or other fairway driver,without losing control.

i feel comfortable w/ them in the range of 300 to 400,anything more and the big rims come out.Depending on the course I'll carry as many as 4 in my bag,each one a little more seasoned than the next.With this set up I have any fairway shot covered,w/ confidence.

Great disc,give it a throw or two and see for yourself.

I throw PD's, mainly because I kind of fell into a few and really liked them. If I didn't throw them I would be throwing Avengers. I really don't think anyone would have much of an edge throwing either PD's, Teebirds, Eagles, or Avengers. They are all top of their class. I also think Avengers probably power down and still hold lines the best out of the bunch.

I throw PD's, mainly because I kind of fell into a few and really liked them. If I didn't throw them I would be throwing Avengers. I really don't think anyone would have much of an edge throwing either PD's, Teebirds, Eagles, or Avengers. They are all top of their class. I also think Avengers probably power down and still hold lines the best out of the bunch.

In long tournaments when my arm is gased and I need to hit 350' shots with little or no power I am always going to grab an Avenger. 60% power and the thing will hold the line and fade just like it want it.

Pro d was actually pretty decently stable, holding up to its rating at 1.8 and making it a great water disc (and sadly the reason why ive never beat one in).

Here are my Avengers. Wish I had a couple more of the old stamps. I love Plankeye's purple one, VERY NICE!
DSC_0310.jpg

My purple one is a pretty straight flyer. it has a little high speed turn which keeps it from fading too much. the other one in my bag is the green one. it still is pretty fresh.

I throw Elite X Avengers, it's a longer 2005 Player's Cup (basically CE) Tracker for me that can fade at the end when new and the older ones will do a slight move to the right and then finish with a glidey fade.

I have 2 new ones with the old stamp. They've just been sitting on my shelf.
This thread has me wanting to bust 'em out and see how they fly.

^^

Try them out man. For some reason I feel like with all the PD and OLF love the avenger could get some attention for being Discrafts version or better something than the other discs.

I must have had bad luck with Avengers. I've thrown 2 FLX Avengers that were pretty flippy and 2 red Z AvengeRs that were super beefy and had uncomfortably sharp rims. All the PDs I've throw have done exactly what I expected. OLFs have been inconsistent for me too...so PDs win so far.

Flx avengers?.....thats just nasty josh.
And z avengers are basically preds to start, a lot like the olf.

Elite x is what you.should have tried.

Latest posts