• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Average Drive of DGCR throwers

myroomisajunkyard is one of those "naturals" that can bomb out of the box. I play with a lot of players and he can honestly bomb. And I'd still play him anytime. :p

noone doubts he can bomb, it was just too funny of a coincidence that he came on the thread scorning people of bragging ,and brags in the same post! on to of it all he had all the excuses we see on here. and it didnt help that he started talking about small bats.:gross:

stand up guy.

This thread has me more confused on the evaluation of my game than the "80% at 20' " thread...where do I stand?? *he shouts with hands raised high, then realizes he'd rather play than type any more*

This is why I put my Rating, Current Distance record and name in my Sig

let's stop making fun of people who can throw far but can't putt.....

my putting is getting better....

On a football field, I don't think I've ever thrown a disc golf disc from one end zone to the other, so I'm pretty sure my average 'good' drive is between 275 & 290. But every now and then, something clicks. I've parked the 340' hole 4 at Woodland Mound (in calm conditions, once), and just yesterday did the same on Lincoln Ridge's holes 10 (319' from the lower tee, for the one and only time) and 12 (365', for the second time, with a stiff tailwind both times).
I don't claim 'internet distances' because I'd have a hard time keeping my 'facts' straight. That's also why I'm not a politician. :eek:

On a football field, I don't think I've ever thrown a disc golf disc from one end zone to the other, so I'm pretty sure my average 'good' drive is between 275 & 290. But every now and then, something clicks. I've parked the 340' hole 4 at Woodland Mound (in calm conditions, once), and just yesterday did the same on Lincoln Ridge's holes 10 (319' from the lower tee, for the one and only time) and 12 (365', for the second time, with a stiff tailwind both times).
I don't claim 'internet distances' because I'd have a hard time keeping my 'facts' straight. That's also why I'm not a politician. :eek:

your internet distance can change within a matter of one post as seen on this thread, so don't be afraid. try it.:D

noone doubts he can bomb, it was just too funny of a coincidence that he came on the thread scorning people of bragging ,and brags in the same post! on to of it all he had all the excuses we see on here. and it didnt help that he started talking about small bats.:gross:

stand up guy.

:clap: Like i said i was just saying my two cents! I was merely stating that we should give some people some benefit of doubt prior bashing/trolling them. Was just saying what I could do, and :popcorn:! I even said i'll walk my talk with documents that it gotta be postponed for a bit due to my bum foot. And I was still not given that benefit of doubt. mm :D

Next time i'll say i throw a mile! and you all shall believe me! :hfive:

Around here most people can't throw over 350 and most on the course can't even touch 300 (n00bs and chuckers), and a lot of the pretty good local players are by no means big arms. Theres a few who can throw in the high 400's, but no super mega cannon big arms. Also there is only a couple of long holes around here anyways so 360 of controlled D is about all you need. I can throw about 400 max golf D consistently (although not now because I only play once every few weeks) and my record is somewhere around 450. I still think I'm strongarming it though, it feels like I'm just not getting something right.

320' accurately. Have slacked off the field work lately, and so distance has stalled somewhat.

I've paced off 110 steps to my Eagle last summer on a flat field. And since I used to caddy, that means that is exactly 330'. Just yesterday, I put my Mamba out about pin high on a 319' hole, but ~50' away to the right. Calculate that out to about 322.8'. Missed the putt, made par.

My Max D has dropped a little over the past few years (age & injuries) so doesn't really apply. Can still consistently hit 325' and can get around 375' on a good day/throw. All forehand. Longest ace was Banklick #12 which is slightly downhill and about 360'.

I've been playing for six months, and I have gradually increased my distance out to 275', once in awhile I can crank it end zone to end zone, but that is an anomaly, for now. If I can increase it out to 325' I will be content, as most courses only have one or two holes over 350', so I can settle on par for those, and go for birdie on the shorter holes.

lol.........whats up Blake??

Are you and Chip gonna keep dodging the ace pot every time it gets hit this year?:D

Hey Matt, not much! you? Haha I'm sure chip would continue to dodge the ace pot this year, I on the other hand, will try to contribute my part by doing the opposite :)