• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Avery Jenkins leaves PDGA Board of Directors

PDGA SURVEY

This kinda concerns me a little bit. I don't like the fact that people with different opinions on how to make the sport better are leaving the governing body of the sport.

Keep in mind if you are a PDGA member and you have concerns on how they are currently being run . . . the PDGA is currently running a survey asking for your opinion. I suggest submitting your input . . . or remaining quite about the current PDGA setup. You can make more of a difference if you are on the same page so get after it!

I do agree the PDGA board should have a mix of people . .. the one potential issue is . . .does the PDGA really consider all opinions on the board? I have always been one to give my opinion . .. but also realize when other opinions seem to be better ideas . . . either I am the perfect candidate or the absolute worst candidate.

Either way I will give my honest unbiased opinion. Sure I own a disc golf business but I will do better with my business if disc golf is advanced so I want to see whatever advances the sport in-acted . . . even if I didn't have a business I would hope we all want to see the sport grow and expand. While we may not always agree on how to do that, I think we almost all agree that is the desired goal!

thats exactly why avery left. he yearns for the spotlight and knows that the pdga isnt um.. affiliated. if you know what i mean. lets just say theres a little 'club' of successful people that use a certain symbol to identify themselves:

dollar_ase.gif

yes folks im saying avery jenkins joined the illuminati. think thats a silly claim? google image search his name and its obvious. i highlighted the proof in the following photos:

EIfgitv.jpg

eqtaMVX.jpg

rvIK14H.jpg

ygqp3xJ.jpg

i think we'll be seeing big things from avery in the near future...

This **** had me rolling! Especially the 666 in his signature

Never really understood what the touring pros wanted those board seats for in the first place. It wasn't like there was a lot of power or perks involved with the job. Its mostly dry boring procedural stuff that a 501c organization is required to do.

Avery could not Be an Effective Board Member because he was too busy Randomly Capitalizing words in his Internet Posts, in complete Defiance of any rules of the English Language.

Never really understood what the touring pros wanted those board seats for in the first place. It wasn't like there was a lot of power or perks involved with the job. Its mostly dry boring procedural stuff that a 501c organization is required to do.

Very true.

I'm not sure how many people have served on a board like this. It's always a depressing surprise how much time must be spent on stuff you don't really want to deal with, and how hard it is to make progress on the things you do.

i find it ironic that avery resigned from the BOD and that this is one of the statements in the PDGA survey.

Revisit the structure and role of the board: The board and the election process by the membership results in knowledgeable, sometimes popular players, becoming board members who often have minimal experience leading an organization the size of the PDGA. The board structure needs to be reconsidered. In the past, when the organization was a bit smaller, the board was active in the running of the PDGA. Today, the board is responsible for the strategic direction and performance of the organization. The board should refine/define its role in the organization by both drafting and adopting polices and identifying /transitioning items better handled elsewhere in the organization.

thats exactly why avery left. he yearns for the spotlight and knows that the pdga isnt um.. affiliated. if you know what i mean. lets just say theres a little 'club' of successful people that use a certain symbol to identify themselves:

dollar_ase.gif

yes folks im saying avery jenkins joined the illuminati. think thats a silly claim? google image search his name and its obvious. i highlighted the proof in the following photos:

EIfgitv.jpg

eqtaMVX.jpg

rvIK14H.jpg

ygqp3xJ.jpg

i think we'll be seeing big things from avery in the near future...
33°, Brother.

Last edited:
I do like that he put time in with the PDGA BOD.
I don't like he resigned just after an election when 20% of the members could have elected a replacement.
Now I believe the BOD gets to select another person for the BOD.

Won't that now be 3 of 7 on the BOD appointed, not elected?
Please correct me if I am wrong.

I do like that he put time in with the PDGA BOD.
I don't like he resigned just after an election when 20% of the members could have elected a replacement.
Now I believe the BOD gets to select another person for the BOD.

Won't that now be 3 of 7 on the BOD appointed, not elected?
Please correct me if I am wrong.

They're the next highest vote getters in the last election, so they're not really appointed, just the next runners up in votes, so they now get in.

I saw that while doing some searching to see what the heck people were referring to with Shive and Sinclair. I'm glad Peter posted that, because as I said before, I don't see any word of this from the PDGA. It would be nice to tell the membership that someone they elected refused to take his seat, and how they then filled the position.

That being said, thanks to Peter and Avery for their service to the PDGA.

How can a governing board expect respect and loyalty from their members when they "appoint" a member to fill a board spot in a long term position? Should there not be a special election to fill the vacancies.
Can you say "another reason to leave the pDGA"?

How can a governing board expect respect and loyalty from their members when they "appoint" a member to fill a board spot in a long term position? Should there not be a special election to fill the vacancies.

Appointing board members was one of the best things the PDGA has done in a long time.

They had to do this when touring pros started running, winning based on their playing ability, and then doing noting really (or like Avery, stop attending meetings).

Also, it gives them the ability to appoint people like Bob Decker, who is a CPA, to be the treasurer when he likely would not win an election because no one knows him.

In all honestly, the voters and members caused this change to be made.

Appointing board members was one of the best things the PDGA has done in a long time.

They had to do this when touring pros started running, winning based on their playing ability, and then doing noting really (or like Avery, stop attending meetings).

Also, it gives them the ability to appoint people like Bob Decker, who is a CPA, to be the treasurer when he likely would not win an election because no one knows him.

In all honestly, the voters and members caused this change to be made.

So your opinion is that the board knows best, to heck with the members? There's a good model to keep members renewing when they are already doubting the boards ability to lead this organization.

I assume like any 501 c organization, the PDGA has a constitution and bylaws they have to abide by, and somewhere in that document, it has a procedure for dealing with this sort of thing.

Only if you can hit the shift key a little bit earlier.

So your opinion is that the board knows best, to heck with the members? There's a good model to keep members renewing when they are already doubting the boards ability to lead this organization.

You honestly believe that people who win a popularity contest among the people who play disc golf are the most qualified to run a business? I think it's great that actual players and TDs have a voice, and that we have a voice through them, but I'm a whole lot more comfortable with how they spend our million+ in dues if they have folks with real business experience appointed to the board to supplement those we elect. I have lots of issues with the PDGA, having some of the board members appointed isn't on that list.

What the PDGA needs is a Board of Governors that includes touring pros, business people,etc... that is seperate from the BOD. Governors oversee the BOD and the Strategic vision and the BOD runs day to day

You honestly believe that people who win a popularity contest among the people who play disc golf are the most qualified to run a business? I think it's great that actual players and TDs have a voice, and that we have a voice through them, but I'm a whole lot more comfortable with how they spend our million+ in dues if they have folks with real business experience appointed to the board to supplement those we elect. I have lots of issues with the PDGA, having some of the board members appointed isn't on that list.

I very rarely agree with you, but this is spot on.

This guy hates the PDGA. You have already made your opinions known many times.

When your opinion is obviously slanted, it isn't really valid anymore.

They are appointing the next high vote-getter from this past election. I don't see what's wrong with that at all.

Latest posts