• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Aviar History

Old big bead:
011-1.jpg

Old small bead:
012-1.jpg

Current beadless:
013-1.jpg

I don't have an Avair X profile pic handy.

Now that I look at them, these photos were illustrating the bead and the shoulder is cut off. So they are basically worthless.

Is the special 'putter plastic' the Hands on Putters of the early '90s? That's my putter of choice...I have two in my bag...a soft putter and a hard putter and several I keep in the trunk in case I lose one.

Not you too, Three Putt!
It comes up as misspelled in the spell check no matter what, so it's a crapshoot. I probably miss it a good percentage of the time. Back when you had to manually enter the disc name in the disc organizer I was about 50/50 with misspelling it.

aviar x was originally made as a prototype when juliana switched from d-craft to innova. the protos are the most overstable aviar i have ever thrown.

that's my story and i'm sticking to it... for the time being at least...
I like this story and make a motion that we accept it as truth until confronted with evidence that it is wrong.

Seconded? Whatever, it passes!

Is the special 'putter plastic' the Hands on Putters of the early '90s? That's my putter of choice...I have two in my bag...a soft putter and a hard putter and several I keep in the trunk in case I lose one.
I thought the deal on the Hands On putters were that they were the first Aviars in the soft plastic. I could be wrong, I was never cool enough to have one. Don the Legend used to putt with them, but he seriously wouldn't even let me hold one. I guess he thought I'd put some bad putting mojo on them or something.

i think i have some of all the variants in my boxes... will be a few days until i can take pics though...

silly earthquakes and hurricanes...

I've been carrying the same two for years: peach Star (no bead) seems to only get better while the blue Champ (small bead) flies at night.

A few pics I just snapped:

Attachments

• Star n Champ Aviar (640x480).jpg
    Star n Champ Aviar (640x480).jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0034 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_0034 (640x480).jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0036 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_0036 (640x480).jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 66
Here are a few old aviar pics of discs. I listed pics of a 1984 xmas aviar, proto star 1st run Aviar, and a 1986 aviar. All super old, all 25 plus years in age.

Attachments

• 100_1996.jpg
    100_1996.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 77
  • 84 aviar.JPG
    84 aviar.JPG
    136.6 KB · Views: 74
  • P1010232.JPG
    P1010232.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 69
Here are a few old aviar pics of discs. I listed pics of a 1984 xmas aviar, proto star 1st run Aviar, and a 1986 aviar. All super old, all 25 plus years in age.

What's one of the proto star 1st runs worth?

Also, what's the story on this stamp, timeline-wise? (thanks for the pic Jeff):

DSC02063.jpg

theres multiple versions of the small bead as well.

my san marino aviars from the early 2000s are competely different from omega small beads and other newer small beads. as i understand it though the san marino mold either broke or got worn out. ill get pics when i get home later.
the current classics and P&As are in the redone no bead mold. which is WAY different from the old no beads. it feels alot chunkier.

when you talk about the 'soft' aviars are you talking about some of those aviars that had that real stiff rim but the flight plate was like super soft plastic today? had the innova bar stamp on it and said aviar prototype on them. the person i knew with a stack of these said they were made when innova first started screwing around with the SuperSoft type plastic. (im only going off what i heard from that guy, not by any means do i know if there is truth behind it). they did feel and putt awesome though!

the current classics and P&As are in the redone no bead mold. which is WAY different from the old no beads. it feels alot chunkier.
I just take for granted that all of the redone molds are different from the originals. They have re-created a bunch of molds by this point: Classic Roc, Aero, Ontrio Roc, San Marino Roc, beadless Aviar...none of them are the same as the originals. I guess I just assume everybody knows that.

Also, what's the story on this stamp, timeline-wise? (thanks for the pic Jeff):

DSC02063.jpg
The stamp is a Discovering the World stamp and has been in use for a long time. I saw that stamp on a patent pending Aviar once, so a disc with that stamp can be very old. They used it forever, though. I think they may still use it. You really can't tell much about the age of the disc based off of the stamp so far as I know.

yeah they still make that stamp today...they are currently out of stock but she said they are already ordered....still a sweet stamp though

my san marino aviars from the early 2000s are competely different from omega small beads and other newer small beads. as i understand it though the san marino mold either broke or got worn out. ill get pics when i get home later.
One thing to keep in mind is that the Omega SS plastic molded up very differently than the soft Aviar plastic. When I stocked them a stack of 11 Omega SS was the same height as a stack of 10 Aviar P & A or Omega AP due to that. So while they might be different (I really don't know so I'm not saying you are wrong) the way they molded up might account for some of the differences.

Are those all patent pending? Bottom pics? TIA