• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] Prodigy H1

Still throw h1 and still love it. We had bare ground this weekend and I made a 90 left hand turn from about 100 feet out on a small skip shot. Parked.

Sooooooo overstaaaaaaaaabllllllllle.

The other h series just look goofy and pointless. Weirdly huge blunted rim on that h4.

I had a tough time with how OS it was at first, but its staying in my glow bag alongside my Volt for drivers.

I had a tough time with how OS it was at first, but its staying in my glow bag alongside my Volt for drivers.

Yeah... Until I really break it in I can't even throw it as far as I'd like so its usefulness for spike hyzers is limited to very short distance. Like 260' and under, tops, I'd say. Which is exactly what I'd been looking for. :). She'll break in and get better and then ill add a freshie. I'll be good for yeeeeeeeeeears, homie.

Yeah... Until I really break it in I can't even throw it as far as I'd like so its usefulness for spike hyzers is limited to very short distance. Like 260' and under, tops, I'd say. Which is exactly what I'd been looking for. :). She'll break in and get better and then ill add a freshie. I'll be good for yeeeeeeeeeears, homie.

Yeah, this is gonna be quite nice when it breaks in. I picked up 2 of the 750s earlier this summer for fun from Cale at King of the North

Still throw h1 and still love it. We had bare ground this weekend and I made a 90 left hand turn from about 100 feet out on a small skip shot. Parked.

Sooooooo overstaaaaaaaaabllllllllle.

The other h series just look goofy and pointless. Weirdly huge blunted rim on that h4.

yeah the H1 has been working out really well for me.

The h4 does have a weird rim, but the flight is pretty nice. Still messing around with that one though.

Took my new Schusterick signature H1 out this afternoon for a few tosses. Holy Beef. It ranks right up there with the FAF FB's. This is my first Prodigy disc, and it's a winner. I need to throw it in the bag for a while to see how it pans out, but I like that it's super beefy, yet not impossible to throw for a noodle like me. Plus that stamp...love it. Heck, I mostly bought it as a Will fan, but the disc itself is just as sick.

H1 is a staple of my bag. Use it for all types of shots but mostly thumbers. Best thumber disc I've thrown for both distance and control

I picked one of these up the other day at the local shop. It felt super beefy, like a monster maybe?

*and then I set it back down... And walked away.

I'm going to try one of these out soon, and so far I'm liking what I hear. When I looked at the inbound flight chart, it shows it being an exact replica flight of the Flick. Anybody who can confirm that?

not as fast as a flick. smaller rim width, taller and more of a blunt profile.

the flick will also travel farther laterally and probably distance-wise too. h1 has no glide to speak of. it spikes itself if you throw it flat. i guess they're similar in that they're both incredibly overstable, but the h1 is more of a placement disc imo. it just turns wing down. the flick's flat profile keeps it skipping and traveling sideways. not that you can't skip your h1 - you certainly can do some crazy stuff with it - but it doesn't have the same trick-shot friendly profile.

Last edited:
not as fast as a flick. smaller rim width, taller and more of a blunt profile.

the flick will also travel farther laterally and probably distance-wise too. h1 has no glide to speak of. it spikes itself if you throw it flat. i guess they're similar in that they're both incredibly overstable, but the h1 is more of a placement disc imo. it just turns wing down. the flick's flat profile keeps it skipping and traveling sideways. not that you can't skip your h1 - you certainly can do some crazy stuff with it - but it doesn't have the same trick-shot friendly profile.

I agree. It spiking itself is one of the reasons i like it so much.

Anyone throw the 400 Glows yet? They're just as FAF as the 750s, but they're super gummy. I'm quite impressed, but I haven't had a chance to throw it yet.

also, picked up a 400g glow h1. this is more overstable than my 750 and waaaaaay more grippy. i've seem some true tabletop 750 with no shoulders though, i bet those are even more overstable than this. still loving it. :D it's hilarious to watch it "fly".

I'm interested to hear how these beat in. I got a 750 H2 that started out a half tick more HSS and a full tick more LSS than my moderately seasoned 11x firebird. This weekend's tourney had me rethinking the H2 as a FB backup. My H2 all of the sudden has more glide than my 11x FB and a third less fade, what happened:confused: Maybe a beefcake H1 will quickly beat in to overlap my 11x for those waterholes where I dare not risk my OOP FB??

Nnnnnope. :/

So you're saying yours hasn't broken in or its way more overstable even after seasoning than a OS FB:confused:

Earlier this year I'd say my 750 H2 was like a slightly longer whippet but in less than 50 throws its seasoned past firebird and into predator range. Currently not flipping is great but I need a disc to hold a hyzer in big winds where my 11x might straighten for a bit.

I've got some old school Monsters but I'd rather find a current production spike hyzer, skip disc, overhand utility disc for dangerous situations or must avoid OB and was hoping the H1 might fill the need.

Both.

I'm supremely surprised to hear that about h2. All the 750 h1 I've owned (an entire three of them) get beat up just like a stiff champ plastic would. way, way beefier than any firebird. Maybe the faf firebirds would be about the same, but I'd say the h1 has less glide still.

Latest posts