• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] New Company: Disctroyer OÜ

brutalbrutus

* Ace Member *
Starling [or Kuldnokk in Estonian] (3-20-2019)

174.3g
21.0 dia
1.7 height
1.2 rim depth
16.2 inside rim dia
2.4 rim thickness
5.7 rim ratio
27.00 rim config

New disc company... with an "original" name... might as well start with a 14 speed driver...:|

I stumbled across these on Infinite yesterday. The discs are aesthetically interesting. Has anybody thrown them?

Disctroyer, a manufacturer from Estonia, was created by two disc golfers who were searching for a way to make quality discs that would be color-coded for easy selection and top performance on the course. They worked to perfect their desired plastic blends to feel exactly how they wanted, then worked on their color and design coding to become the first company with color-coded discs. These are the colors for the different discs, as determined by the largest, outside color on the flight plate: WHITE = Distance Driver YELLOW = Fairway Driver RED = Mid-Range BLUE = Putt & Approach Then the stability of the disc is indicated by the use of the following symbols on the center of the flight plate: CIRCLE = Straight Flight STAR = Overstable Flight PLUS SYMBOL = Understable Flight

DI_bigblue_1.JPG

DI_b35f0d-223e.JPG

DI_bf5e27-6455.JPG

DI_bigwhite.JPG

Cool retro look. Almost don't even look like golf discs

I dig the vintage European airforces roundel look. I'm quite curious.

I like the look but it's another attempt to fix a problem that does not exist... except in the minds of a few people.

Still, this is less clunky than numbers... but it does limit them on making more than 1 disc in any class and stability.

I have vacation time coming up, there is an article that has been brewing in my head for a couple of years, maybe I can find time to write it. Not that it will change anything... but I can just point to it anytime these oversimplified systems come up.

Einstein said (paraphrasing here) to make things as simple as possible but no simplier.... this is too simple(unless they limit themselves to 1 disc per class and stability).

Last edited:
I like the look but it's another attempt to fix a problem that does not exist... except in the minds of a few people.

Exactly this. Why go against the industry standard? So people have to learn a different system of telling what a disc does compared to what every other company does. Plus let's use the most popular selling disc name as our company name.

Still, this is less clunky than numbers... but it does limit them on making more than 1 disc in any class and stability.

I have vacation time coming up, there is an article that has been brewing in my head for a couple of years, maybe I can find time to write it. Not that it will change anything... but I can just point to it anytime these oversimplified systems come up.

Einstein said (paraphrasing here) to make things as simple as possible but no simplier.... this is too simple(unless they limit themselves to 1 disc per class and stability).

How does this limit one disc per class in a particular stability? The discs get names and a flight rating on them?

If I were doing a company now the Disc Golf Numbers are what the name of the disc model would be, this again does limit discs if two molds have exact same numbers but I would do if a midrange Bead no Bead on top, or if 180 Gram Diameter etc. Then with Putters if the same numbers, bead no bead then lid style or not. For all some molds might have a + wing after the numbers as disc name if a disc is same disc is same mold just + wing. Flat top of a mold Would have FT at end of the numbers as disc name. This company would be Disc Golf Flight, or DGF for short. The names for discs as midrange, putter, and fairway/distance driver would not be used by the company for the discs. Also I would ad F2 to discs that get two colors mixed up that are hard to find in most situations.

I've thought about trying these but have yet to pull the trigger. The mid looks good.

Personally I don't think disc names need any kind of systematic naming. Teebird, Buzzz, Wizard, etc all work fine especially since most companies use some type of flight numbers. Obviously they can't be taken as 100% truth but they give some indication of what to expect.

I think people have poked enough holes in the Prodigy and Discmania naming systems, and at least this seems to be a better version of either. I personally don't think it's necessary to have the discs color coded by type and have the classification "p&a" or whatever, and have flight numbers, and have a symbol denoting stability. I do like however that the number on the stamp after the disc classification is the disc speed itself and not a 1, 2, 3, etc that makes it difficult to add new molds later. So in reality one color denoted for fairways could have numbers 6, 7, 8, 9 or whatever since all those speeds could be considered fairways. Each mold has a model name then to identify it, looks like they're going with birds.

Seems like some redundant info on the disc...maybe they're hoping a couple of different schemes will appeal to pretty much anybody. Personally I think it's a bit much, but if the plastic is nice and the molds fly well the rest really doesn't matter.

Personally I don't think disc names need any kind of systematic naming. Teebird, Buzzz, Wizard, etc all work fine especially since most companies use some type of flight numbers. Obviously they can't be taken as 100% truth but they give some indication of what to expect.

I think people have poked enough holes in the Prodigy and Discmania naming systems, and at least this seems to be a better version of either. I personally don't think it's necessary to have the discs color coded by type and have the classification "p&a" or whatever, and have flight numbers, and have a symbol denoting stability. I do like however that the number on the stamp after the disc classification is the disc speed itself and not a 1, 2, 3, etc that makes it difficult to add new molds later. So in reality one color denoted for fairways could have numbers 6, 7, 8, 9 or whatever since all those speeds could be considered fairways. Each mold has a model name then to identify it, looks like they're going with birds.

Seems like some redundant info on the disc...maybe they're hoping a couple of different schemes will appeal to pretty much anybody. Personally I think it's a bit much, but if the plastic is nice and the molds fly well the rest really doesn't matter.

I do agree that the system is better then Prodigy which you need to know what plastic is what number 600 or 700 or letter like D for baseline, same for Stability, the slot the disc is in is easier to figure out as that is always a set of initials.

Discmania has taken to other names for the non Innova made discs from Yikun and Latitude 64 so they can be really confusing if trying the discs made outside of Innova factory set and not reading the numbers.

I ordered the mid to do a video with alongside the Launch DG Code X, and am excited to throw it.

Also worth noting the second run of these do not have the circles for stability and all that, just a normal stamp.

I ordered the mid to do a video with alongside the Launch DG Code X, and am excited to throw it.

Also worth noting the second run of these do not have the circles for stability and all that, just a normal stamp.

Are you referring to the "tattoo stamp" limited edition?

From their website it doesn't look like they're dumping the system.

They do have some discs with mini stamps on their website which look pretty cool if one's not into the color/shape coding thing.

I have a Starling that I haven't thrown. Might chuck it around tomorrow.

Are you referring to the "tattoo stamp" limited edition?

From their website it doesn't look like they're dumping the system.

They do have some discs with mini stamps on their website which look pretty cool if one's not into the color/shape coding thing.

I have a Starling that I haven't thrown. Might chuck it around tomorrow.

The mini stamp is what I was referring to. I think knit would be a good move for them to move away from in on some runs. It's unique but not all players was to throw what looks like an RAF logo.

The mini stamp is what I was referring to. I think knit would be a good move for them to move away from in on some runs. It's unique but not all players was to throw what looks like an RAF logo.

Yeah, I agree. The mini stamp lets them keep their color/shape code and not beat people over the head with it.

Latest posts