• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs: DEFENDER, OS distance driver.

Can anyone comment on how the Air Defender compares?

I've got a slight pop top blue 159 air and its a pro level disc 380-430max for me. It could be a decent headwind driver for a 375' max D player but on longer pulls I'd rather have more dependability over the possible extra 20-30'. If you throw your Katana/Tern/? 325', then expect the Air Defender to go 250'.

I've got 3 bios, 3 lucids, 2 fuzions, and the relatively fresh 7/10 Air is only more overstable than my older beat bio. The Air flies very similar to my beat in 6/10 Lucids with a tick+ more turn on a full power flip up into a 10-15mph headwind that flies very straight without fade at 400'. Be careful not to flex it into a 10mph heady as its not coming back like other Defenders.

I was in the DD to buy a replacement Trespass, and I was checking out the misprint rack, so I grabbed a Trespass and on a whim took a Defender too.

Wow. Defender is a great disc!

Mine is ugly fall leaf red and purple Lucid, 170g, and has just a bit of turn with full power throws. This was AFTER a dozen or so slam rollers into the ground to break it in a bit. So then I tried headwind and Left-to-right wind, which is a nemesis of mine because I like the Thrasher and a flippy DX Destroyer for drives. Into a brisk headwind the Defender throws like a Thrasher does in normal wind. Up, turnover and glide, then fade gradually back. Very good distance, though I only hit 350 because trees suck and I can't aim.

Defender. I like it.

Latest posts