• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Aviar p&a

Not super psyched with the halo pna...but ill keep giving it a shot. Im looking for a replacement for my mbp galactic seasoned aviar for driving purposed when I want something the will hold the line I put it on for the whole flight. Its flight was neither glidey nor dumpy, somewhat unpredictable, surpisingly OS at times and flippy at times...unsure what to make of it.

Cracked my main Classic thrower over the weekend and popped in a pretty fresh PandA to use for a while.

How do you find the Classic and P&A compare in stability? sample size of two Classics I found to be more OS than a P&A.

Not super psyched with the halo pna...but ill keep giving it a shot. Im looking for a replacement for my mbp galactic seasoned aviar for driving purposed when I want something the will hold the line I put it on for the whole flight. Its flight was neither glidey nor dumpy, somewhat unpredictable, surpisingly OS at times and flippy at times...unsure what to make of it.

Nexus plastic is my favorite for throwing and putting. Shallower, grippier. Aviar P&As holds any line for me when pretty fresh and then are a slight flip up to dead straight. Aviar Driver can be thrown flat or even on a little anny and it will still finish.

I've tried all kinds of Aviar molds and plastics. Star P&A are so much deeper that I just can't get a feel for them at all and that early fade is not what I like. With that said I did just order a Halo P&A because, you know, I'm an idiot.

How do you find the Classic and P&A compare in stability? sample size of two Classics I found to be more OS than a P&A.

Arent the classics the original Small Bead mold? Which would make sense as to why they are more stable to the beadless P&A mold

I handled a lot of putters in the past couple of years. I was trying to find "the one putter" to stick with for putting. I went back to a set of DX Aviar P&A that I shelfed for a rainy day and that was all I need. It seems to fit my hand (for me anyway) just right. Got a few DX and Glow P&As for putting practice. Don't use them for driving shots as much as for only putting. I dig the nexus plastic. Little more grip and seems to hold up longer than the normal DX P&As. Currently bagging two for the Nexus P&A and a DX P&A.

Anybody able to give a comparison between star and halo star aviars in terms of stability?

I have a limited sample size of 1 of each. The Halo is a neutral flyer 0/1, so true to numbers. The regular Star I have is more stable like 0/2. Both have a ton of glide with all the air under the relatively deep rim.

I was doing some shopping online for discs and glanced at the reviews for the dx p&a just for fun. I don't understand why this is "fine for a beginner disc" or "I got it in a beginner pack, but went to a more advanced disc". I went out today for a round and was shaping shots left, right, and straight with a ton of accuracy with pretty good distance.

My bag was all over the place last year and I had the thought that Aviars, Rocs, and Teebirds have been around forever, so it's got to just be me that can't throw them, not that they're hard to throw because they're old and "outdated" molds. And I was right. I came from throwing Envys and other shallower putters, but now that I'm able to bend the Aviar for throwing and putting, I feel so much more confident in my game. I'm actually getting better results from learning to manipulate a more "classic style" disc than the newer, shallower, faster putters.

Anyone else feel this or is it just me? Don't get me wrong, this disc is great for beginners too! But I think the ceiling is a lot higher for the P&A than people give it credit for. I also throw JKs for more stability, but I still throw and put the P&A all the time.

I was doing some shopping online for discs and glanced at the reviews for the dx p&a just for fun. I don't understand why this is "fine for a beginner disc" or "I got it in a beginner pack, but went to a more advanced disc". I went out today for a round and was shaping shots left, right, and straight with a ton of accuracy with pretty good distance.

My bag was all over the place last year and I had the thought that Aviars, Rocs, and Teebirds have been around forever, so it's got to just be me that can't throw them, not that they're hard to throw because they're old and "outdated" molds. And I was right. I came from throwing Envys and other shallower putters, but now that I'm able to bend the Aviar for throwing and putting, I feel so much more confident in my game. I'm actually getting better results from learning to manipulate a more "classic style" disc than the newer, shallower, faster putters.

Anyone else feel this or is it just me? Don't get me wrong, this disc is great for beginners too! But I think the ceiling is a lot higher for the P&A than people give it credit for. I also throw JKs for more stability, but I still throw and put the P&A all the time.

Started with a DX Aviar, tried numerous other putters, currently putt with and throw DX Aviars so I have shared some of that experience.

I think those reviews reflect a common occurrence in any activity/hobby. People often attempt to "buy" progress, as if a new instrument will make them a better musician, or the "right" brushes will make them a better artist, or the "optimal" program will make them a better athlete, etc. Most of the time what people really need is to spend more time and effort building a solid base of fundamentals.

It gets a bad rap cause of the massive amount of 150 class ones out there (this applies to Leopards and Sharks as well). 150 class is a good beginner disc but regular weight ones absolutely have the stability for line shaping. I picked up a fresh 175 g over the summer when travelling without my normal discs and I was quite pleased with how it flew.

Was at the local DG store today and checked out the rebranded DX Aviars. Is it just me or does the rebranded plastic feel softer than the Waxie DX plastic?

Probably just you - change of stamp doesn't indicate any change in plastic IMO. DX comes in a lot of different flexes, tacky-ness, and hardness depending on the 'run'. I find certain colors are more waxy or less tacky anytime I feel up a group of DX Aviars or Rocs. This could be the base plastic pellets being sourced or some minor difference in additives for weighting/color/leftover pellets from XT/Nexus/Pro blends being used.

I picked up a new stamped DX Aviar (White) a little while back to replace a white DX F2 that I lost over the summer. Haven't broken it out but it did have the flexibility and grip that I like a lot so I'll give it a go here once the weather turns cooler. Really liked the way that F2 DX Aviar developed into a hyzerflip woods carving BH shot that turned but didn't roll over too fast.

Anyone try the Nexus Glow Aviars they put out for Halloween? Thinking of trying one of those around 170g to see if it's any softer than the galactic nexus.

Anyone try the Nexus Glow Aviars they put out for Halloween? Thinking of trying one of those around 170g to see if it's any softer than the galactic nexus.

Firefly | SG3 | Deputy | AviarX3 | Aviar3 | Mortar | MD3
MD | Mako3 | Leo3 | FD3 | CD2 | Sidewinder | Wraith

holy $#!+, this guy throws a lot of Aviars.

People from a year ago - if you want a more stable beadless Aviar try any of the P2 clones, like the Firefly.