• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Discs Clash

personally I don't think you can go wrong with the crave given that you use a shock already. The Servo/clash are more on the lines of a slower shock where the crave is a slower volt.

Yeah, I forgot to mention I was throwing a Servo against it. Servo seems to have a pretty straight flight and an healthy amount of fade. Servo is not a disc I feel comfortable powering down. I had no lateral movement or turn when throwing it. I don't throw the Servo much, so I'm pretty sure it's brand new.

If only buying one, how does one decide between Clash, Crave....and even Servo? This would go along side a Switch.

I'd go Clash or Servo in terms of heavier lines you can cover. If you want to narrow it down even more by feel, I think the Clash is it. It feels a lot more like the Switch in the hand than the Servo.

Uh oh.

Just took the Clash out to the field against my trusty 2nd run FD...and I now have a dilemma.

Other than feel in the hand, the two are flight clones for me. I can get a little bit of turn if I really hammer on them, then a nice fade to finish the flight. The fade was not as dumpy on the Clash, which I like. It made it end up slightly longer on almost every throw, which is important when you throw as short as I do.

So, for the time being, the Clash is getting an extended audition. Unfortunately, my home course doesn't call for a ton of Clash shots, as I'm a lefty, so I often need the understable flight rather than overstable. But I'll give it a shot and see how it rolls for a bit. Given that the 2nd run FD is a specific run - which I have backups for, but would rather not search for - the Clash already has bonus points in its column.

I tested the clash against the servo a bunch this morning. Intreasting comparison. I wanna say the clash is a bit straighter but fades a bit harder. The servo is maybe a bit harder to get up to speed, and while it has some significant fade it might be a quarter tick less fade-ier than the clash, thus kind of balancing out the flights. I need to throw them back to back for another round in order confirm this but that was my first thought. If it's true than I may give the clash a go for a while in place of the servo. It's going to take some throwing to shake it down but I like the clash. Definitely beefy enough to FH and what seems like a bit extra straightness compared to the servo could come in handy. I took a few videos I'll try to throw together later.

Wow. Huge fan of the bigger turn but solid fade. Works really fun lines. My new favorite of the three. But can't replace the crave or teebird for straight to fade. But so fun.

Here is the tough last two holes at my course with both the Clash and Servo. Neither 17 or 18 is a particularly demanding line, both are just narrow windows with much danger facing a mistake.

Is it just me, or does the description of the clash sound like the 1st run shocks?

that's funny you mention it as when first initially talked about I thought hmm.. that's how I used to use my FR shocks b/c it was such a weird disc with early turn yet a hard fade and made for great rollers too.

Eventually the disc left my bag so the clash is low on my interest list at the moment but will be curious to hear how they season up. You could be spot on-- obviously a few notches slower' not all FR shocks were that way though either...

Crazy to think the amount of increased production MVP has had and not a single problem like that one yet for other companies it can tend to be "the norm". By no means are their discs perfect but seeing how nearly identical the 2 plastics of inertias are flying is a very big feat IMO for them.

I picked one up the other day. First throw with it and it deflected off a tree and hit some dude on the next fairway. Thought we were going to fight for a second. So far, the Clash is living up to its name.

I picked one up the other day. First throw with it and it deflected off a tree and hit some dude on the next fairway. Thought we were going to fight for a second. So far, the Clash is living up to its name.

lmao.

This is not the flight I'm seeing from a 170g Clash. I'm seeing more turn and a later, more forward fade. And as long as my Craves.
Anyone really seeing this?

Attachments

• clash.png
    clash.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
I'm not seeing quite that much turn,and I'm definitely seeing more distance :p

The fade is weird. It's a strong, hard fade, but it happens really late in the flight. It's a pretty unique disc IMO.

It's a pretty unique disc IMO.[/QUOTE said:
Seems like this is becoming more & more frequent with each mold released.

The axis & vector appear to be rudimentary compared to the newer batches of discs.

Seems like this is becoming more & more frequent with each mold released.

The axis & vector appear to be rudimentary compared to the newer batches of discs.
The axis and vector were meant to be more traditional. After those the brothers have really spread their design prowess. We are seeing true unique molds from the evil brothers now. At least I remember reading that here some time ago. :p

Latest posts