• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Discs Clash

Mike C., you sound like such a fun dude to play with, always complimenting. I kind of had to change my pants when I saw that full box of discs.

I had a pretty good experience with the few throws I got in with the Clash yesterday! There were a few shots where I needed more turn than the crave, yet needed a stronger finish. It also powered down nicely to a straight with fade flight.
I agree with the feeling of the rim as well. Something a little different.

Nice video Mike. Cool seeing some familiar holes. Your buddies got a pretty rounded game. Some nice FH's with the inertia for him. Some of those rollers you threw were also cool. The forhand cutter with inertia early that went too long and the backhand late where you hit the big putt.

That three disc combo worked great. Clash seems beefy enough to bridge that gap and to even take the whole, "short shot that goes right" (FH) slot without a less beefy putter or mid in the bag.

Yeah he definitely has some skills for someone who' been playing under 2 years. I didn't even learn a FH until I had played longer than him.

I was surprised with the HSS of the Clash, I was expecting just a bit more turn. As it is I plan to bag that white one and see how it works with my Craves and Resistor.

How different is that layout than the USDGC one. I mean obviously the ropes are gone but there seemed to be at least 6-8 holes that were different or in a different order or both?

How different is that layout than the USDGC one. I mean obviously the ropes are gone but there seemed to be at least 6-8 holes that were different or in a different order or both?

I'd like to know this as well. Some of Mike's shots were impressive by USDGC standards for sure.

Here's hoping you qualify, Mike!

Super preliminary, 300-foot thrower impressions on the Clash:

vs. Crave - More HSS, slightly more LSS. If you throw the Crave and want something to fade harder, this is it.

vs. Servo - More HSS, roughly the same LSS.

It's been awhile since I've thrown the Crave, but if I were bagging it I think the Clash would be a worthy complement. Where the Crave has a nice, smooth turn in the beginning of the flight (for me), the Clash was damn straight...almost Teebird-esque in the high speed part of the flight.

As a result, I get a little more of a parentheses-shaped flight out of the Crave, whereas the Clash wants to fly a more L-shaped pattern.

The one thing that really stuck out to me, though, is how smooth of a fade it had. It is much smoother in its flight movements than the Servo or the Resistor, and I think that will end up being really nice once I get more used to it. It definitely dumps less at the end of the flight than the Servo does, while maintaining the HSS of the Resistor. Nice disc, looking forward to putting it up against my 2nd run FD to see how it manages wind.

The Clash is my new favorite Axiom driver. It has the stability you need, but the workability to give you multiple options in your throws.

I tested it against the Servo, Crave, and Resistor. I still think I got an extra stable Crave, because it is more overstable than the Servo. And the Clash sits between my Crave and the Resistor.

I absolutely agree in that it is smooth in it's flight, instead of being as meaty as the Resistor. It is not going to replace it, but the Clash will serve me for most of my overstable shots, relegating the Resistor to only the most "C" shaped lines that I may need. Because it's straighter, I was able to get about 10-20 more feet from the Clash. The Servo and Crave gave me about 5-15' more distance. The Clash got me to around 270-280 on a good throw.

Overall, I really like this disc, and will give it a shot in the bag. For a super minimalist bag, I could see going Inertia, Clash, Axis, Ion. That will cover pretty much every shot I normally need.

I still think I got an extra stable Crave, because it is more overstable than the Servo.

For what it's worth, all the Craves I've thrown have had more HSS than the Servo I tested. I felt a bit crazy for this, too.

I have thrown many a craves.. none of which have nearly the LSS of a servo.

The HSS is similar and craves IMO even hold it longer but they are more volt-ish vs shock-ish which the servo reminds me of yet slower.

I don't think I've ever thrown the Resistor. That might be the only disc I don't have so I can't compare to it. I will say though, Clash has something going for it. I enjoyed throwing it during lunch today. Flight path was predictable. I love my Crave but man oh man, this disc is awesome.

I did throw it with the Inspire. They both resembled similar low powered ceiling shots. Both had that quick flip and gentle fade. Full throttled drives were a different story though. I wasn't seeing the bigger fade unless I lifted the nose up. It was slightly windy but nothing that affected it too much (forecast says 4-6 mph).

Mike C's Winthrop video clips of the Clash being thrown by him and Nate were similar to what I was getting with my 169g tester.

If only buying one, how does one decide between Clash, Crave....and even Servo? This would go along side a Switch.

I would definitely pair a Switch with the Clash. They are on more opposite ends of the stability spectrum, so they'd work well together in anyone's bag.

You could even do Clash, Crave, Switch.

The Clash is different enough from Axiom's other drivers that there won't be any overlap.

In fact, it is a unique disc to the entire MVP/Axiom lineup.

max d? throw with hyzer? Prefer flex shots vs straight lines? Is wind a factor?

Crave is the least OS of the 3 and closest to the switch-- it sounds like the clash is designed to season into a disc which will have some turn but keep its fade.

The resistor will be your best bet if you want a very OS compliment to the switch. Boils down to what exactly you are looking for and the shots your switch doesn't cover well.

I had a Resistor. I rarely used it. I can pretty much get away with my Shock on those kind of throws.

No, not for max D. Prefer straight lines.