• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Discs (Official Thread)

The more I think about this the more it makes sense. They're trying the 'Trilogy' thing, diversifying their products into different brands. I think the Envy and Alias are, for all intents and purposes, the Ion and Axis respectively. MVP's just attempting to expand.

That said it doesn't seem as good a move as it might on paper. One would think they'd at least want to introduce a new line of plastic if this were the case, or re-tool the image. Axiom Discs' page looks exactly the same as MVP and the plastics are the same, so what this really looks like is just...MVP with colors. It's a bit odd.

Where this differs from the Trilogy, though, is that those companies were separate entities that are molded by one facility. The companies market themselves separately, and only operate as a unit in the sense that fans look at it that way. They are making discs for their lineups, not for each other.

MVP is doing something more along the lines of branding a different product line to make it stand out, like Prime by Amazon, or Pink by Victoria's Secret.

well with a single launch of a new brand and 2 mold im sure its safe to say they are ready to make some plastic. looking forward to 2014.

Wait a second... upon further review I'm not going to be able to get an Axiom Amp am I? So it's like I found the perfect Buick Regal but I really want it in a color only available in an Oldsmobile Cutlass? So I get something that's pretty much the same thing but with different trim?

What will happen here if Axiom releases distance drivers first? I can't see them going putter, mid, speed 12/13 but it'd be awesome to read that that thread lol. I'll be interested to see how these discs fit in with the current MVP lineup.

Lmao at the outrage, accusations of fanboyism, preachiness, claims of indifference, fanboyism, put downs and other assorted ugliness in this thread, and especially the other axiom thread.

Just wow people. You throw plastic discs at chain baskets. Hee hee hee. Religious fanatics could learn some lessons here.
:clap: :thmbup:

I mean, I understand that people often have emotional attachments to things that they invest a lot of time and energy into but cripes can we not take disc golf so seriously? It's just a game and it's supposed to be FUN! Put your game face on for competition but don't forget why you're there in the first place.

Throw stuff!

It doesn't look like a lid.

From the Axiom page (bolding mine):

The Envy has a smooth modern feel that fits in the hand perfectly, lending confidence for both putt and approach duties. The Envy exhibits reliable high-speed stability and a minimal fade. With a slightly lower profile and cruising speed than the Ion and Anode class, the Envy is a uniquely "lid-like" stable putter.

Right? Again, I quote, FROM THEIR OWN WEBSITE:

"The Envy has a smooth modern feel that fits in the hand perfectly, lending confidence for both putt and approach duties. The Envy exhibits reliable high-speed stability and a minimal fade. With a slightly lower profile and cruising speed than the Ion and Anode class, the Envy is a uniquely "lid-like" stable putter."

Now, if it turns out to not be true, then they will have some 'splainin' to do.

It's a slow putter, not lid-like. If it were lid-like it would have a flat wing. If this is lid-like then the Condor is too.

Quote the brochure all you like. It isn't going to make it right.

Wow! I didn't know it was THIS big. What an incredible move by MVP. I have a feeling that this is how we're gonna get baseline plastic.

Congratulations to everyone involved in this expansion. Here's to a fruitful new beginning for Axiom Discs. :thmbup:

BTW, those stamps are sick! The Proton stamp looks like it's etched into the plastic. So beautiful.

It's a slow putter, not lid-like. If it were lid-like it would have a flat wing. If this is lid-like then the Condor is too.

Quote the brochure all you like. It isn't going to make it right.

Yeah, it's a very loose simile they are using there. If it ain't flat, it ain't all that. MVP still owes me an overmolded fastback (preferably small diameter like the Sonic).

Envy still might be sort of interesting though. The Alias sounds completely underwhelming to me. A more stable Tangent would just be... a Tangent not thrown with OAT. They're stupidly easy to throw straight, that's what makes them fun. Unless you're throwing with tons of power, then, you should be throwing a domey Axis or beat Vector anyway.

C'mon MVP, make a mid or putter that's out the box understable for once. Some people like to hyzer flip.

From the Axiom page (bolding mine):

The Envy has a smooth modern feel that fits in the hand perfectly, lending confidence for both putt and approach duties. The Envy exhibits reliable high-speed stability and a minimal fade. With a slightly lower profile and cruising speed than the Ion and Anode class, the Envy is a uniquely "lid-like" stable putter.

I dont care it doesn't look like a lid. I can say my schwants is huge all day long but she will probably say different.