• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

Okay I've thrown my new Envy on a couple rounds now and I really like it. A Pig is my go-to driving putter and the Envy is similar in that it can handle a lot of power with very little turn but has less fade than a Pig. I thing it will actually compliment the Pig nicely because I can use it for more straight or even annie lines and it will fade out less easily than the Pig. It has a similar feel in the hand to a Pig, shallow and easy to power grip which is nice for a driving putter. Definitely bagging this one.

I avoid buying from disc nation after discovering they let people test out discs and continue to sell them as new, but I might have jumped on this if I hadn't just bought one..

The testing happens at our store location. We are very lucky to have a 600+ft field that allows our Austin TX customers to fly before they buy. The online orders for Disc Nation come from a separate inventory at our distribution center. Discs do get transferred between locations but our ordering processing crew is top notch. Scuffs or even passable manufacturer flaws get the disc rejected from even going online. We do our best to provide customers with nothing but first quality product. We wouldn't be doing our job if we advertised first quality product and gave you something that was tested on the driving range.

I've ordered a bunch from DN, and have never received anything but top-notch, A-1 quality stuff from them.

Scuffs or even passable manufacturer flaws get the disc rejected from even going online. We do our best to provide customers with nothing but first quality product. We wouldn't be doing our job if we advertised first quality product and gave you something that was tested on the driving range.

Good to know, apologies for the comment. No harm meant, just unaware/ignorant based on what I saw while in town. Even without knowing this bit of info, I found it to be a good and bad thing. But, for a mainly an online shopper, my qualms are gone, thanks for the clarification.

And as to not completely derail the thread, excited to get to the course and throw this envy. I'll be sad if it causes me to sell off my ions.

Good to know, apologies for the comment. No harm meant, just unaware/ignorant based on what I saw while in town. Even without knowing this bit of info, I found it to be a good and bad thing. But, for a mainly an online shopper, my qualms are gone, thanks for the clarification.

And as to not completely derail the thread, excited to get to the course and throw this envy. I'll be sad if it causes me to sell off my ions.

No worries man. Its a question that comes up a lot and is a valid concern. Enjoy the Envy

Straight, long, and accurate. The best driving putter I have thrown. Very worable off the tee, fairway, and rough. I didn't use it as a putter, but imagine it could get the job done just fine.

Well worth the money, it will be a mainstay in my bag for a long time. If your debating on buying this disc or not, go ahead and get this one and it will be worth evey penny.

I got to throw mine for the first time today. I liked it, but it wasn't different enough than my Ion. Has most of yall's experiences been that it fades harder than the Ion? Granted, today was pretty windy. But I still thought its stability would be halfway between an Ion and a Zone.

Did I experience the norm or was it an anomaly?

Bluedogder, what you experienced is the norm, I believe. There have been some false expectations that the Envy is more OS than it really is.

It flies very much like an Ion, with a tick more stability, but a totally different feel.

Bluedogder, what you experienced is the norm, I believe. There have been some false expectations that the Envy is more OS than it really is.

It flies very much like an Ion, with a tick more stability, but a totally different feel.

Glad to know I'm not crazy/terrible at disc golf haha :thmbup:

Exactly what I was going to say. You can really rip into it without any turn, but the fade, for all yhree Ive thrown, is just the same as an Ion.

I'm going to have to get in the field and really rip it to test this. I haven't had a chance to do this yet. Thanks! :)

Glad to know I'm not crazy/terrible at disc golf haha :thmbup:

It's kinda weird how this misconception about the Envy came to be. People saw the profile, and they immediately assumed/speculated Zone. MVP has always referred to it as slightly overstable, but for some reason everyone decided to think it was going to be a meathook. It really is close to an Ion, but with a different feel. It's a great disc, but it bums me out that there are people not giving it a fair shake because they had another idea in their head from the start (not you bluedodger, just speaking generally).

It's kinda weird how this misconception about the Envy came to be. People saw the profile, and they immediately assumed/speculated Zone. MVP has always referred to it as slightly overstable, but for some reason everyone decided to think it was going to be a meathook. It really is close to an Ion, but with a different feel. It's a great disc, but it bums me out that there are people not giving it a fair shake because they had another idea in their head from the start (not you bluedodger, just speaking generally).

The fact that it's been released for a while (and there are a ton of reviews that show no sign of it being close to a Zone), and people continue to make that statement shows how little people do research.

It's certainly possible that it's related to the depth of the Envy and how that affects my control of it, but I don't think that they fly much alike at all. I find the Envy to be way more versatile. Not to mention longer off the tee.
There are several tee shots where I typically use an understable putter that I can hit just as well, if not better with the Envy. This is not due to high speed turn, but to it's ability to hold release angle. It holds low annys really well for me and I find I can range those shots too. Plus, no cut rollers! I never had any success with the Ion or Anode on these shots.
It holds hyzer shots better than the Ion for me as well. Where an Ion will sort of understeer and push through the turn, the Envy just tracks the curve like a GT-R on the Nurburgring.
I worked like hell with Ions and Anodes to figure them out off the tee. As great as those discs are, they never quite fit the bill for me. The Envy just works.
It's not quite the "best disc in the universe" but it's pretty freaking great.

Stuck in a hot and stuffy room for jury duty today. To try and stay awake I'm going to cling to the hope that when I get home there will be a parcel from Justin at comm discs full of new plastic goodness waiting for me. I ordered the envy along with a re stock of other mvp discs when the envy was released. Due here in nz any day now. Hopefully that day is today.

Interesting. So the inertia is being likened to a wraith is it? I'll definitely be picking one up but it'll take something special to replace my wraiths.