• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

I've always wondered, what does "cruising speed" mean anyway?

well wki says it occurs between ascent and descent phases and is usually the majority of a flight. Technically, cruising consists of heading (direction of flight) changes only at a constant airspeed and altitude.

I hope they really are slowing. The Ion I'm using for most of my upshots is ticking me off because of the glide. I keep overshooting the basket.

I think I heard someone mention it flies somewhat like a tensor. I would love that. My Tensor is more tank like. Slow, stable, steady and sits when it's supposed to.

^^ Tensor is a good deal more overstable, and a bit longer than the Envy.

^^ Tensor is a good deal more overstable, and a bit longer than the Envy.

I know. I should have been more specific. I meant in terms of the slow cruising speed that makes it easier to range.

I've found with my Ion that it's great for up shots on an Anny but if I'm going straight at the chain around 100-150 I can easily glide over the basket. If I throw it on a hyzer the overstableness (is that a word?) of it makes it break left harder. I have to compensate by throwing it either harder (which sends it further past the basket) or farther out to the right.

I want to try the Envy even through it's more OS and maybe a soft proton Anode.

Played my first round with my Envy today. What I found that it excels at most was upshots to the basket. Pure beauty.
Thowning down hill is a nightmare. I throw hyzer putts if I am too far out to push putt. Well, the envy will not die on a hyzer like it should. I landed one shot within 3 inches of the post. It started to turn over but got one half roll. That straightened it up and it SLOWLY rolled 150 feet down the hill.
That would not have been so bad if that had not happened two other times today. I will be keeping my Aviar P&A for down putts for sure.

It does fly real nice like and push putts like a dream, but it is not the end all of putters

I missed a putt with my envy today and it rolled 100 feet up a hill, even after it hit a tree it didn't stop because the GYRO effect is so great, i just don't think i can spend 2 hours a day looking for my MVP discs after they roll away from me all the time.. going back to my zephyr for putts. I think lightning discs will replace my volt and amp too.

Now that i think about it, the MVP nano mini slipped out of my hand once too because the plastic has no grip, dropping the nano from the bag.

tumblr-m9n6sioyie1qm9rh6o1-250.gif

back on track...

Got a LOT more throws with my Envies today. I'm glad to see there is no difference in flight between the three I have, even though there is about 10g of weight difference between the three. This is becoming quite the handy little disc, and great for driving. I'm going to take the Pig out this weekend and use the Envy instead. It's nowhere near as beefy, but that just makes it more versatile. I also discovered a cool little shot with them (of course I didn't do it on purpose because I suck at disc golf) where you add height and a touch of anhyzer. When I was hitting it right it would stall out and drop, instead of fading. It was SOMEWHAT "lid-like" if I dare say so. Not very consistent though. I was doing that on some 250 foot shots.

My only beef with this disc is that I already got a sizeable gauge out of the overmold. Its about two inches long and fairly deep. Wouldn't bother me too much...my Volt is beat to heck and still flies great, but I didn't hit anything hard. I'm not sure what exactly caused it, but there was no debris where the disc landed, just frozen ground. I assume these are the same overmolds as always, so it's curious to say the least...

My only beef with this disc is that I already got a sizeable gauge out of the overmold. Its about two inches long and fairly deep. Wouldn't bother me too much...my Volt is beat to heck and still flies great, but I didn't hit anything hard. I'm not sure what exactly caused it, but there was no debris where the disc landed, just frozen ground..

I would not worry about it. Ice crystals as sharp as glass can form in frozen ground. I have gotten some nice road rash from frozen ground before.

Played a couple rounds yesterday in the snow with two Envys, and I have to say, I am really liking this disc. THIS is the driving putter I've always wanted to throw. Like many others have said, it feels great in the hand. I've never had a great FH, and only within the last couple of months have I felt like I've turned a corner on what I trust to throw FH which has been limited to an Ion and a Servo. The Envy is the third.

That consistent GYRO fade at the end just seems to be so reliable when you throw this disc. It's great to have when driving with an anny on the release so it sits down flat nicely at the end. Didn't have much wind yesterday, but saw plenty of evidence of how well these will hold a line and not turn over from a test round a few weeks back. It's one I'll be keeping in the bag in place of a fresher Ion I liked to get more fade out of...the Envy just handles that shot better.

I did some putting with it as well, and really liked it as a putter. It would take some adjustment to bump a textured Ion I use as my regular putter at present only because I feel more dialed in for long putts with the Ion wheras the Envy's fade will kick in. I also prefer the soft N of the textured Ion.

I could see this being a better option for long putts into a direct headwind though which is something I plan to experiment with more given how many 20+ mph winds I find myself playing in. Now, if/when the Envy is made in a soft N, I may revisit as an option cause it just feel so good in the hand and that plastic is just awesome!

Bought a 175 pink/blue rim. I'm less excited now that it's in hand. It feels great obviously but it doesn't appear to be much slower than a roc/buzzz/axis. It is similar in shape to a zone, suspect, and tensor but especially a zone (All three of which I consider mids). I won't be able to throw mine for a while but I have a feeling it will be simply fly like a worn suspect or tangent. Sweet disc either way obviously, I hope it is indeed slower.

Bought a 175 pink/blue rim. I'm less excited now that it's in hand. It feels great obviously but it doesn't appear to be much slower than a roc/buzzz/axis. It is similar in shape to a zone, suspect, and tensor but especially a zone (All three of which I consider mids). I won't be able to throw mine for a while but I have a feeling it will be simply fly like a worn suspect or tangent. Sweet disc either way obviously, I hope it is indeed slower.

definitely not comparable to a tangent; i haven't thrown the suspect. it is straight with fade. if you throw it with hyzer you'll be sorry. unless you have a rocket arm, anyway.

I think it looks more like a shorter PA1 than a Zone. The Zone has almost a completely flat wing, whereas the Envy doesn't. It feels like it has (in Innova terms) an X-wing more than the Zone's L-wing.

Zone
25d25632-43b1-465d-9cf2-bf11df68556c_zps4d7fa928.jpg

PA1
061b9198-15c2-4400-b233-b353237c653d_zps80d6394a.jpg

The Envy is certainly long for a putter, but it is marginally less beefy than the Suspect, at least in my experience.

Anyone else wish the envy was more ion-ish in stability? It's seems a tick to stable for me on up shots and tight tunnel shots. I LOVE the ion and this seems a bit to stable for my liking.

I'm gonna work on breaking mine in and see what happens...

Anyone else wish the envy was more ion-ish in stability? It's seems a tick to stable for me on up shots and tight tunnel shots. I LOVE the ion and this seems a bit to stable for my liking.

I'm gonna work on breaking mine in and see what happens...

I personally wish it was more overstable. It would be nice to have the OS approach shot covered in MVP plastic. We already have stable covered, twice.

I think it looks more like a shorter PA1 than a Zone. The Zone has almost a completely flat wing, whereas the Envy doesn't. It feels like it has (in Innova terms) an X-wing more than the Zone's L-wing.

Zone
25d25632-43b1-465d-9cf2-bf11df68556c_zps4d7fa928.jpg

PA1
061b9198-15c2-4400-b233-b353237c653d_zps80d6394a.jpg

I meant tensor instead of tangent in my first post by the way. I agree when looking at nose shape it more closely pa1. I always love those pics btw. However it seems more important that the pa1 is significantly taller and a little thinner in rim width while the zone is of a more similar height and rim width. It feels closer to the zone in hand and that makes me think it will probably fly more like a suspect than a rhyno.

I think you're right about the flight. I don't have anywhere near the power Mike does so I'm expecting some fade. I haven't thrown a Suspect (have one for when the snow melts, and I can give the Envy a thorough examination) so I would've said Breaker, which is similar in stability to a Sinus more than a Zone.

I really would like to have a better camera for my profile pics. My phone does an alright job, but it would be nice to have something that doesn't require a flash to produce something that isn't really grainy. I'm just not going to spend the money on a decent camera for snapping profile pics though.

i dont think the pics are bad at all, esp compared to some ive seen.
i cant say i threw mine side by side, but i think a breaker is gonna have a touch more hook up. so far ive found it similar to my fresh 176 400 pa2. similar line, but 280 is about max on a flat throw with the pa2 and the envy ive gotten a little over 300.
a fresh suspect can pair nice with it, one thats a little more beat in might show some lap.

Latest posts