• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

I went out and threw my Envy yesterday and it is straight dope. I guess I don't throw "clean" because lot's of discs like Ions, Anodes, Ridges, Aviars, Bangers, Wizards, they all turned over when I threw them hard. I can't wait to play a round with this disc.

Tossed them around for about ten minutes today before the sun went down totally. Pretty cool little flight. very, very straight with a considerable late fade. I know it gets hyped up a lot, but this disc REALLY shows (for me) the MVP Gyro tech. I mean, that fade kicks in super late.

And it drops like a good putter. Very cool. Can't wait to throw some real golf shots with them tomorrow morning! Anyway, here;s the two I have so far (one more on the way from Infinite: Purple Plate, white rim, 172 g)

1604458_10203073705745862_1453935743_n.jpg

Got two out of my three Envys today.

Its a beautiful day here in Korea, so Im really hoping we get off work soon so I can go test them out. I got a beautiful white with pink rim (rainbow stamp!) And a no-stamp pink with white rim. 173 and 177g respectivley. And after much examunation I can say they have NO imperfections (which I was very worried about)

I have a purple and white coming from Infinite as well so lets hope I can go three for three!

Dang, I'm still waiting in MN for mine.

Menace,

Just to clarify, MVP has not released a P Tensor. I was just speculating.

I'd throw one :D

Ok I'll finally get on topic. Does anyone who has a bunch of Envy's notice much a difference between the light ones and the heavy? I have a 177 I think. I'm curious how the light ones fly in comparison.

I'd throw one :D

Ok I'll finally get on topic. Does anyone who has a bunch of Envy's notice much a difference between the light ones and the heavy? I have a 177 I think. I'm curious how the light ones fly in comparison.

I'm curious about this too and I usually try to stay very close to 175 on my putters and I can't find the colors I want in a heavier weight.

I've got a 169 Anode to try a lighter putter and just didn't like it for driving or putting. Sticking so far with my 175 Neutron Anode and 174 Soft Proton Eclipse Ion.

I'd imagine the light ones would bomb, particularly if they have close the same high speed stability.

Tossed them around for about ten minutes today before the sun went down totally. Pretty cool little flight. very, very straight with a considerable late fade. I know it gets hyped up a lot, but this disc REALLY shows (for me) the MVP Gyro tech. I mean, that fade kicks in super late.

I posted almost the same thing. I have never once been baited into an argument about gyro but pretty much now I would just say "try an envy". Let the disc do the talking.

Alias vs. Tensor

Envy vs. Tensor

The Alias is more like the Tensor than the Envy. Sharing a similar feel and rim size, the trio of Tangent/Alias/Tensor make a great combo.

As you can see from the pics, the Envy and Tensor are quite different. Could you pair the two for a stable/beefy complement? Sure. The Tensor is a mid though, and longer than the Envy.

Many posters were hoping that the Envy would be like a Zone, or even a Pig. In fact, the Tensor is what took the Zone out of my bag.
Fantastic thank you! :clap:
I got my wife an Alias, I was surprised by the dome on it.
All of the MVP I've had have been either flat or board flat. :\

Durring a 10 inch storm of light fluffy 22 degree powder. 0 lost discs. When it's fresh it's the best!

The snow has let up here, so I'm definitely going to get out and play this weekend. I now have two of each Axiom disc, so I'm thinking an Alias/Envy-only round is in order to really familiarize myself with them.

Since getting a brief feel for them a few weeks ago, I've found myself in scenarios where I'd really want to throw one of these.... probably more-so the Envy than the Alias.

They just feel so good in the hand flipping them around indoors at home, so I don't think I can let this weekend go by without tossing 'em out on the course.

Not gonna let a little snow keep me down. Haven't yet this winter, so why start now!

WALL OF TEXT:: Lighter Envys report :: WALL OF TEXT

Finally got out for a practice session at Scrapyard today and worked with my Envys. I got two, both with blue overmolds: a green core at 167 and a purple core at 163.

I love them.

For what it's worth, I max out around 425 on a good day with an Orc and can hit 350 with a champ Valk with consistency. I throw rhbh and my form is clean enough that my only mids are 165-169 gram Comets in Z and ESP.

Now that that's out of the way, here's a review.

When both of them are thrown on flat full power line drives, there is no turn that I can see for 175-200 feet or so.This is followed by a rather late and abrupt fade that hits the ground with more skip than I was expecting.
Compared to a similar weight Eclipse Ion, the distance was about the same with
the Ion showing some gentle high speed turn and finishing relatively flat before the fade really kicked in.

Hole 3 at Scrapyard is a 297 foot gently down hill straight shot that finishes left.
I threw both Envys on this hole several times on a couple of different lines.
Thrown hard, flat and parallel with the hill, both discs showed no turn and tended to come to rest about 20 feet short of the basket.
Thrown hard on a slight hyzer, parallel to the hill the, green one held the angle perfectly to the ground with a big driver style skip way into the rough at the end, while the purple one pushed through it a bit before fading and landing much flatter still about 20 feet short.
On the same throw the Ion pushed through the turn way more and faded much less landing about 40 feet out, not having made the left turn.

Hole 11 is a 300 foot straight tunnel. Thrown hard and flat on a slight hyzer, the discs flied true to their what they did on Hole 3. The purple one wins here though, finishing about 15 feet from the basket both times I threw it. Not bad for a putter.

Hole 12 is a 273 foot sharp right hand turn all the way to the slightly uphill basket.
Depending on how I'm playing, I throw either a PA4 or Comet here.
Thrown 75% on a high, steep anhyzer both discs held the turn to the ground. I could not believe it. This is the moment that I fell in love. I was expecting them to fight out of the anny and fade hard back left. I've tried this shot with anodes with limited success. I think the shallower profile really helps keep the nose down so that the disc can hit the apex of the shot in the right orientation. It's a thing of beauty. They were both a good bit shorter on this hole than the Comet, but I think that I could probably fix that with some tweaking of the apex height.

They didn't really blow me away on approaches. For me they didn't fly terribly differently than Ions. A bit more stable for sure. This is not my strongest area in the game. Maybe when I get better at it they will blow me away like they did as driving putters.

I "spush" putt and these were great for that. Great feeling in the hand, great feeling on release, great stability. Great everything. I hit every shot I took inside 30 feet with them today and they stand a strong chance of kicking out my beloved Yetis.

I don't know why Axiom claims that these are slower than Ions and calls them Lid like. They are obviously faster then Ions and fly nothing like a Polecat lol.

The purple one has a couple of the "short shot" blemishes that others have reported. Didn't bother me TOO much since they are insignificant compared to normal wear, but still.
The green one is perfect.

Overall there was a slight difference on shallow, full power hyzers between them, with the lighter one flipping up slightly and pushing through the turn a bit.

tl;dr
They are absurdly good driving putters and fly faster and more stable than My similar weight Eclipse Ion on the same shots.
They hold steep annys better than my Ion or Anodes
They are pretty great putting putters too.
There IS a slight stability difference between my 163 gram purple/blue one and my 167 gram green/blue one.
I think that they are great discs. Glad I bought them.
I can't wait for the understable version.

Finally got out for a practice session at Scrapyard today and worked with my Envys. I got two, both with blue overmolds: a green core at 167 and a purple core at 163.

I love them.

For what it's worth, I max out around 425 on a good day with an Orc and can hit 350 with a champ Valk with consistency. I throw rhbh and my form is clean enough that my only mids are 165-169 gram Comets in Z and ESP.

Now that that's out of the way, here's a review.

When both of them are thrown on flat full power line drives, there is no turn that I can see for 175-200 feet or so.This is followed by a rather late and abrupt fade that hits the ground with more skip than I was expecting.
Compared to a similar weight Eclipse Ion, the distance was about the same with
the Ion showing some gentle high speed turn and finishing relatively flat before the fade really kicked in.

Hole 3 at Scrapyard is a 297 foot gently down hill straight shot that finishes left.
I threw both Envys on this hole several times on a couple of different lines.
Thrown hard, flat and parallel with the hill, both discs showed no turn and tended to come to rest about 20 feet short of the basket.
Thrown hard on a slight hyzer, parallel to the hill the, green one held the angle perfectly to the ground with a big driver style skip way into the rough at the end, while the purple one pushed through it a bit before fading and landing much flatter still about 20 feet short.
On the same throw the Ion pushed through the turn way more and faded much less landing about 40 feet out, not having made the left turn.

Hole 11 is a 300 foot straight tunnel. Thrown hard and flat on a slight hyzer, the discs flied true to their what they did on Hole 3. The purple one wins here though, finishing about 15 feet from the basket both times I threw it. Not bad for a putter.

Hole 12 is a 273 foot sharp right hand turn all the way to the slightly uphill basket.
Depending on how I'm playing, I throw either a PA4 or Comet here.
Thrown 75% on a high, steep anhyzer both discs held the turn to the ground. I could not believe it. This is the moment that I fell in love. I was expecting them to fight out of the anny and fade hard back left. I've tried this shot with anodes with limited success. I think the shallower profile really helps keep the nose down so that the disc can hit the apex of the shot in the right orientation. It's a thing of beauty. They were both a good bit shorter on this hole than the Comet, but I think that I could probably fix that with some tweaking of the apex height.

They didn't really blow me away on approaches. For me they didn't fly terribly differently than Ions. A bit more stable for sure. This is not my strongest area in the game. Maybe when I get better at it they will blow me away like they did as driving putters.

I "spush" putt and these were great for that. Great feeling in the hand, great feeling on release, great stability. Great everything. I hit every shot I took inside 30 feet with them today and they stand a strong chance of kicking out my beloved Yetis.

I don't know why Axiom claims that these are slower than Ions and calls them Lid like. They are obviously faster then Ions and fly nothing like a Polecat lol.

The purple one has a couple of the "short shot" blemishes that others have reported. Didn't bother me TOO much since they are insignificant compared to normal wear, but still.
The green one is perfect.

Overall there was a slight difference on shallow, full power hyzers between them, with the lighter one flipping up slightly and pushing through the turn a bit.

tl;dr
They are absurdly good driving putters and fly faster and more stable than My similar weight Eclipse Ion on the same shots.
They hold steep annys better than my Ion or Anodes
They are pretty great putting putters too.
There IS a slight stability difference between my 163 gram purple/blue one and my 167 gram green/blue one.
I think that they are great discs. Glad I bought them.
I can't wait for the understable version.

When they meant lid like, they meant the profile, not the flight.

The profile is nowhere near lid-like. The 400'+ flight in Mike's video looked vaguely lid-like though. Too bad it's lid-like for so few people.

Mine has a couple of nicks in the underside of the core, where the bead would be. Not game-breaking but in line with some of the QC issues others have seen.

Am I the only one that couldn't tell a difference in rim depth between these and ions? They feel the same to me.

Am I the only one that couldn't tell a difference in rim depth between these and ions? They feel the same to me.

Not that we have your hands, but most players will immediately notice the difference in the feel of the rim.

Well, I didnt go three for three. My third Envy arrived today (swirly lavender flight plate which looks great) but it defenetly has some imperfections. Cant win 'em all, I guess.

Axiom says this about the Envy:

The Envy exhibits reliable high-speed stability and a minimal fade. With a slightly lower profile and cruising speed than the Ion and Anode class

I've always wondered, what does "cruising speed" mean anyway?

Latest posts