• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

Got my Axiom's earlier this week, but we had a big snowstorm and work has been busy, so haven't had a chance to go throw them yet... hopefully this weekend. Gonna be pissed if I lose one of these in the 8-12 inches of new snow... lol

Me and Chip went out not too long ago and I came close to losing some of mine. Hole #1 at Arb just swallowed one up for a good ten minutes even though we watched it pretty good. Conditions in Canton are terrible, we got lots of snow then it rained a bit and froze the top layer of everything. With some luck a putter wouldn't even crack through the icy layer, but I'm not in the mood to try.

With some luck a putter wouldn't even crack through the icy layer, but I'm not in the mood to try.

Getting a hard crust over it before the weekend is probably the best chance to play I think. Too much snow even for ribbons. When it's so powdery like it is, it just buries and covers over pretty quick. Plus, I don't want to tape em all on the discs.

Might throw it around the yard first and test any crusting...at least if I lose it, it's on my property....somewhere.

Me and Chip went out not too long ago and I came close to losing some of mine. Hole #1 at Arb just swallowed one up for a good ten minutes even though we watched it pretty good. Conditions in Canton are terrible, we got lots of snow then it rained a bit and froze the top layer of everything. With some luck a putter wouldn't even crack through the icy layer, but I'm not in the mood to try.

Sunny and 65+ here in Charlotte yesterday :D

Getting a hard crust over it before the weekend is probably the best chance to play I think. Too much snow even for ribbons. When it's so powdery like it is, it just buries and covers over pretty quick. Plus, I don't want to tape em all on the discs.

Might throw it around the yard first and test any crusting...at least if I lose it, it's on my property....somewhere.

Durring a 10 inch storm of light fluffy 22 degree powder. 0 lost discs. When it's fresh it's the best!

Just out of curiosity, does anyone have a profile pic next to a tensor?

Alias vs. Tensor

Envy vs. Tensor

The Alias is more like the Tensor than the Envy. Sharing a similar feel and rim size, the trio of Tangent/Alias/Tensor make a great combo.

As you can see from the pics, the Envy and Tensor are quite different. Could you pair the two for a stable/beefy complement? Sure. The Tensor is a mid though, and longer than the Envy.

Many posters were hoping that the Envy would be like a Zone, or even a Pig. In fact, the Tensor is what took the Zone out of my bag.

I don't find the tensor at all able to carry my zone needs. I can throw similar lines FH with each but it takes very different throws.

My driving mid, putter setup now is as follows:

Wizard, wizard, Envy, zone
Axis, axis, tensor
(Servo) because it steals a lot of mid throws because I love the way it comes off my hand and carries low woods lines very intuitively for me

Not to derail too much, but I feel like a Proton Tensor could be more Zone-like. The N ones are not as beefy as Zones, but get the job done for me.

No worries too much about derailing I don't think. It's winter and the forum has been slow. I haven't tried a P tensor. I did have one that I found not super OS but got another one that is more in my wheelhouse. I think the real "zone litmus", is if you throw short FH flex lines. BH an envy or Rhyno or joker or pig or even a zone might fly similar. But on a FH flex line zones are the only thing that flies like a mini firebird.

I got my envy (173 g) and I am loving it. I have not got to play a full round yet, it is too close to dark when I get off work, but I have played a few holes and done quite a bit of putting. I boogied a hole playing only the Envy(playing less than a month, so I figure that is pretty good).

It is over-stable without enough spin on it. I find that if I want it to go pure straight, I throw it with my wrist and not my arm, giving it the extra spin to stabilize it(like an Ultimate disc).

I want all of my disc's to fly like this. I want a driver that flies like this!

Since it IS overstable you can hit it like a driver. You do this with a normal putter and it's turning and burning. Thus why people say if you want to clean up your form throw putters.
Really? I can backhand throw harder with a putter(even my Star Aviar P&A) than a driver. Forehand(my primary way), i do have to take some steam off of a putter, but not a large amount.
I do drive a putter with a bent elbow as opposed to the straighter arm I use with my Wraith. Perhaps that is it. Perhaps it also tells me I should not try to throw like Will Schusterick on my backhands.

Last edited:
Really? I can backhand throw harder with a putter(even my Star Aviar P&A) than a driver. Forehand(my primary way), i do have to take some steam off of a putter, but not a large amount.

I do drive a putter with a bent elbow as opposed to the straighter arm I use with my Wraith. Perhaps that is it. Perhaps it also tells me I should not try to throw like Will Schusterick on my backhands.

Yeah so what this tells you is that your form on backhand I screwed up. You should be changing things. It sounds to me like you may add snap to your putters (bent elbow) and you strong arm (straight arm) your wraith.

But if your forehand dominate don't sweat it. Buy a disc you like and the stability that works for you and be done with it.

End of the day this disc does hide some OAT issues for some people. And others that can hit it. This disc will be super accurate without worrying about stability issues.

Thus I can see this being a really popular mold

End of the day this disc does hide some OAT issues for some people. And others that can hit it. This disc will be super accurate without worrying about stability issues.

i don't get it. super accurate to me without worrying about stability is the anode/pure/wizard because there isn't a lot of LSS and there is enough HSS. this is just another OS putter to rip on as hard as you can, IMO. that's not really my style, i guess. i know mike and zj are in another category altogether for driving distance so they probably really love how stable it is and get more nuance from the disc than myself, but it's not like i can't throw a decent ways. maybe that's why i'm not getting it, still not throwing far enough. :p

it's definitely more comfortable than the ion/anode to me for driving, though. if it were more OS it would probably replace my zone since it's slower. it's just in this weird in-between spot that i have no need for, or haven't encountered conditions where i have needed it.

Last edited:
i don't get it. super accurate to me without worrying about stability is the anode/pure/wizard because there isn't a lot of LSS. this is just another OS putter to rip on as hard as you can, IMO. that's not really my style, i guess.

it's definitely more comfortable than the ion/anode to me for driving, though. if it were more OS it would probably replace my zone since it's slower.

I dunno maybe I'm explaining it wrong. To me you can throw this thing like a driver, where as my ion, anode, etc. whenever I crank them they turn. This doesn't. It's straight with a predictable fade.

My hope and only time will tell... Is that it will loose it's LSS when it breaks in while keeping its HSS. THEN IT WOULD BE LIKE A MINI ROC3!

I dunno maybe I'm explaining it wrong. To me you can throw this thing like a driver, where as my ion, anode, etc. whenever I crank them they turn. This doesn't. It's straight with a predictable fade.

My hope and only time will tell... Is that it will loose it's LSS when it breaks in while keeping its HSS. THEN IT WOULD BE LIKE A MINI ROC3!

i know what you mean for sure; it's the same reason i love my wizards - i just like less fade. :)

as far as the HSS goes, premium plastic doesn't really work that way unfortunately, on the whole. :(

Menace,

Just to clarify, MVP has not released a P Tensor. I was just speculating.

i know what you mean for sure; it's the same reason i love my wizards - i just like less fade. :)

as far as the HSS goes, premium plastic doesn't really work that way unfortunately. :(

Yeah I've never thrown a wizard. Hear great things about them, I've even heard the ion is an exact clone of it??? Again I have no idea...

But I like the envy... My ion is my go to putter. It's broke in and what I throw off the tee. It goes far and straight with a slight turn since it's older now. But it's my work horse for sure. This is just nice to have as a more stable ion or a less stable zone. It's perfectly between the 2 you can just crank on it more.

Got two out of my three Envys today.

Its a beautiful day here in Korea, so Im really hoping we get off work soon so I can go test them out. I got a beautiful white with pink rim (rainbow stamp!) And a no-stamp pink with white rim. 173 and 177g respectivley. And after much examunation I can say they have NO imperfections (which I was very worried about)

I have a purple and white coming from Infinite as well so lets hope I can go three for three!

Got two out of my three Envys today.

Its a beautiful day here in Korea, so Im really hoping we get off work soon so I can go test them out. I got a beautiful white with pink rim (rainbow stamp!) And a no-stamp pink with white rim. 173 and 177g respectivley. And after much examunation I can say they have NO imperfections (which I was very worried about)

I have a purple and white coming from Infinite as well so lets hope I can go three for three!

Congrats Andy, your Envy's to Korea beat mine which are still on the way to NZ!

Latest posts