• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

Is anyone seeing a difference in stability between different weights?
I have a N 171, and I really like this disc, and I am wondering if I should get a lighter one (to replace my opto pure), and heavier one to maintain the extra stability.
Or are they about the same across the board.

I have a N 176 white that i see increased HSS with. Use it for windy tee shots, windy approaches, and main putter. It feels noticably heavier in the hand than my N 172 orange and N 164 orange, and i like that. The N 172 is my main approach disc with effortless distance; point and shoot as it beats. The N 164 is absolutely the lightest in the hand, does not like wind, little less HSS, and is great with finesse left to right and flex approaches, as well as low power hyper flip drives. All have same LSS.
the more I throw this disc, the more I like it.
anyone else have any stability difference input?

Soft Neutron Envies are coming

I've been loving my Envy the past few weeks for most shots 225ish and in and sent Axiom an email letting them know there was one more consumer here who would really like to get some softs. They replied saying they look forward to having them available this season. Maybe that's already known but thought I'd put it out there in case it's not. I couldn't find anything conclusive on it which is why I emailed them.

the more I throw this disc, the more I like it.
anyone else have any stability difference input?

I've been throwing mine a lot lately. In fact I just put one of the neutron testers back in my bag to compare against the proton I've been using since those came out.

164 Soft N's - These are getting seasoned finally, and are flying real nice. More glide on a putt than the heavies and a later fade. Still holding up to wind just fine off the tee, going very straight with a tiny, late fade thrown flat, holding a hyzer without flipping to flat thrown hyzer but they hang in the air more than the heavies.

175 Proton - Nice and stable still, I hadn't noticed it getting any straighter over the past month or so. Flattest top of all my Envy's, which I love for flicks. This has been an extremely consistent driving putter for me and I'm very happy with it. Great for short controlled drives, headwind or calm, doesn't matter.

175 Neutron - Less wear than the Proton, noticed it had a little extra bite to its fade. HSS on the heavies felt the same, but I do think I've managed to kill a tiny bit of the LSS of the proton. Not much at all, just enough to notice the Neutron fading a touch more aggressively.

I haven't noticed any stability differences between plastics, and when it comes to weights it seems the lighter ones fade later but don't really turn. I can still crank my 165's full power and they hold straight. I do think the Protons come out just a touch flatter on the shoulder, which makes them a bit comfier to grip.

I've been loving my Envy the past few weeks for most shots 225ish and in and sent Axiom an email letting them know there was one more consumer here who would really like to get some softs. They replied saying they look forward to having them available this season. Maybe that's already known but thought I'd put it out there in case it's not. I couldn't find anything conclusive on it which is why I emailed them.

I guess I can go a head and confirm this then. I've been talking with them about getting these to production since they sent me the pair of 165's I putt with. My Soft Neutron Envy's are my favorite disc in my bag.

I guess I can go a head and confirm this then. I've been talking with them about getting these to production since they sent me the pair of 165's I putt with. My Soft Neutron Envy's are my favorite disc in my bag.

Oh I just made that up so that you would confirm it.

So how would these compare to a flat Rhyno in flight? I know the molds are shaped different.

I've really liked how the Rhyno flies off the tee and for approaches. Good flat ones are hard to find, esp in premium plastic.

Any comparison would be appreciated.

So how would these compare to a flat Rhyno in flight? I know the molds are shaped different.

I've really liked how the Rhyno flies off the tee and for approaches. Good flat ones are hard to find, esp in premium plastic.

Any comparison would be appreciated.

I'm not sure what the exact thing is about a 'flat Rhyno' vs. other Rhynos...

My experience is, you can do a lot of the same things with both discs, so they're not that different, but the one huge thing is glide. The Rhyno, to me, is great because it's not so glidey, so it's really easy to range. I've found the Envy to be noticably glidier, so sneaky long. I have to adjust some with it so i don't blow by on approaches, especially anny. It's like glide/more penetrating slightly gentler fade with the Envy...?

The grip is fairly similar, thumbtrac aside. The Envy is very slightly plus rimmed compared to the Rhyno.

FYI, I still bag my ancient star Rhyno, but only for certain wierd trouble shots that I still can't reproduce with anything else. The Envy instantly became my driving putter.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what the exact thing is about a 'flat Rhyno' vs. other Rhynos...

My experience is, you can do a lot of the same things with both discs, so they're not that different, but the one huge thing is glide. The Rhyno, to me, is great because it's not so glidey, so it's really easy to range. I've found the Envy to be noticably glidier, so sneaky long. I have to adjust some with it so i don't blow by on approaches, especially anny. It's like glide/more penetrating slightly gentler fade with the Envy...?

The grip is fairly similar, thumbtrac aside. The Envy is very slightly plus rimmed compared to the Rhyno.

FYI, I still bag my ancient star Rhyno, but only for certain wierd trouble shots that I still can't reproduce with anything else. The Envy instantly became my driving putter.

Thanks.

I have been using the nice pro shop Rhyno for about 2 months and I like it a lot, but its gotten kinda warped and I'm not completely sold on the feel of the plastic. It just feels too soft now that its getting hotter.

Scooped up a heavy proton envy so I guess I'll see for myself.

Is anyone seeing a difference in stability between different weights?
I have a N 171, and I really like this disc, and I am wondering if I should get a lighter one (to replace my opto pure), and heavier one to maintain the extra stability.
Or are they about the same across the board.

i just picked up a 166 N
time to start thrashing, see if i can get it to straighten out

I snagged a white Neutron 170g Envy w/an awesome rainbow stamp yesterday. I threw it in w/my 3 Rhynos for practice putting before playing a few holes yesterday and I noticed it flies almost the same as the Rhynos. Very interesting. Yeah, I hadn't been keeping up on this thread so that's old news, but still. SE Tesla and that rainbow Envy. Been a good week for cool discs :)

i just picked up a 166 N
time to start thrashing, see if i can get it to straighten out

I use magics inside the circle.
I have tried using my pures, it's ok, but not my magic
Yesterday when I was out tossing this lighter N Envy, it was the only disc I had, and putting with it felt pretty good.
We will see.

^^ Vector for sure. It's a good bit longer than the Envy, and feels much like the Axis. The Axis/Vector were made to be a good pair. A fresh, heavy Vector should handle the wind nicely.

The Tensor is also a great overstable mid, but it's not quite as long as the Axis/Vector. I actually bag it instead of the Vector, and it's a must for throws that I need to fade.

I'm sure that this has been answered before, but I'm wondering what the "soft" plastic feels like in hand. As someone who only has the neutron plastic, and haven't tried the MVP/Axiom putters, how soft is soft? And possibly a comparison to a different plastic? I'm looking to get an envy, but I don't really have the opportunity to pick up the different plastics in hand, unfortunately.

Latest posts