• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

Still bagging an Envy, probably not using it to its full potential, but it gets a lot of use on short flicks and approaches. I have a Zone in the bag with it, and I like the pairing. The Envy is what I wanted the Zone to be, really, and that lets me appreciate the Zone for what it actually does.

Back to back flat releases in a medium headwind, the Envy turned and only flattened out as it was nearing the ground, about 260 or so. The Zone didn't do anything but straight-then-fade and only about 230'.

Interesting day yesterday. I was going to play a smaller course so I pulled some discs out of my bag. I figured I didn't need a backup putter so I pulled my soft anode out. When I showed up at the course I had 2 Envys in the bag.
I've been having problems with lobbing my putts lately. I putted with my watermelon envy for the day and putted amazingly. The over stability forced me to put it through the basket and I had such clean releases with it. Time to change? I'll give it another shot today.

Always ride the hot hand. If and when it ends, then make another decision. Until then enjoy.

I have one of those watermelon envies on the way. They looked pretty sweet and can't wait to check it out! It does however almost seem to pretty to throw, but ya know... That's why they make em and why I buy em! I may have an envy problem, will be my 7th one now, still cheaper than a therapist. HA!!!

I think a run was made for a tourney but I'm not positive. 300 total I believe but not sure of that either. Found them on eBay, they were selling 10 of them, might be some left, but they were going pretty quick

I lost both of my Wizards somehow without even playing a couple weeks back. So, I went online and ordered a Neutron Envy and a SS Wizard. Of course, as soon as my two new putters shipped, I found my original putters in my backyard while mowing the lawn (no, I didn't run them over).

I now have 4 putters: Evo Wizard, Soft Wizard, SS Wizard, and an Envy. I was previously using the Evo Wizard for driving and approach shots, and I'm looking forward to comparing it to the Envy. I guess I'll just cycle the Soft and SS Wizards through my bag for actual putting duties.

Bought an Envy locally. I threw it in my practice basket for a few days and decided it wasn't for me. I returned it and now have an Anode. I couldn't be happier.

Bought an Envy locally. I threw it in my practice basket for a few days and decided it wasn't for me. I returned it and now have an Anode. I couldn't be happier.
Might wanna go get it back, it's a different animal out on the course, especially off the tee. It also pairs up beautifully with the Anode. Love that combo

I got a used Envy today at one of the local stores. I was shocked to see 2 used in the bins. The one I got is heavy, I'm guessing close to max weight. It was more stable than I expected, coming from an Ion, though just like the Ion, it has a very forward fade at the end for me. I was surprised since it looked fairly seasoned when I bought it. The biggest difference I noticed, I can drive with the Envy much more comfortably than with the Ion. It was exactly what I wanted the Ion to be as a driving putter. I putted with both today, and they were about the same with my push-ish putt. I think I made a few more longer putts with the Ion, but I'm also a lot more used to it, I think if I decide to only carry the Envy, it will work out fine as a replacement for the Ion. So far though, it's a pretty amazing disc.

Might wanna go get it back, it's a different animal out on the course, especially off the tee. It also pairs up beautifully with the Anode. Love that combo

I already have a challenger. The Challenger and Envy are pretty similar from what I was able to tell. The Challenger just seems a little more over stable.

I already have a challenger. The Challenger and Envy are pretty similar from what I was able to tell. The Challenger just seems a little more over stable.
Right on man, whatever works for you is the right thing. Love my Anodes, but I haven't tried a Challenger yet. In due time I suppose

Yep. Just switched from the Anode to the Envy for putting and its made a world of a difference.
I was having problems 'lobbing' the putter into the basket instead of driving it through the chains and the overstability of the Envy forced me to put it straight in. I still use the Anode for longer putts, but its the Envy inside the circle.

Also, Watermelon? I know I'm gonna pick up a couple.

I got a used Envy today at one of the local stores. I was shocked to see 2 used in the bins. The one I got is heavy, I'm guessing close to max weight. It was more stable than I expected, coming from an Ion, though just like the Ion, it has a very forward fade at the end for me. I was surprised since it looked fairly seasoned when I bought it. The biggest difference I noticed, I can drive with the Envy much more comfortably than with the Ion. It was exactly what I wanted the Ion to be as a driving putter. I putted with both today, and they were about the same with my push-ish putt. I think I made a few more longer putts with the Ion, but I'm also a lot more used to it, I think if I decide to only carry the Envy, it will work out fine as a replacement for the Ion. So far though, it's a pretty amazing disc.

You summed it up perfectly. I don't putt with Ions anymore, but I think they and the Envy can easily co - exist in the same bag.

Latest posts