• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

An envious aquisition

en·vy [en-vee] noun, plural en·vies.

1. a feeling of discontent or covetousness with regard to another's advantages, success, possessions, etc.​

2. an object of envious feeling: The Darth-Maul Envy made him the envy of the PDGA.​

3. See attached photo​

Attachments

• Envy.jpg
    Envy.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 42
en·vy [en-vee] noun, plural en·vies.

1. a feeling of discontent or covetousness with regard to another's advantages, success, possessions, etc.​

2. an object of envious feeling: The Darth-Maul Envy made him the envy of the PDGA.​

3. See attached photo​

LOL, well done. I am indeed very Envious!

Well, took my new Proton Envy out today for a 1 disc round and consider me very impressed. Like everyone has said before...frozen rope, and great glide. Liked it so much I ordered a couple lighter weight Neutron Envy's to see what the difference is. Sad that I waited this long to try one out.

Being completely new to the sport and to this site, I've been trying to learn as much as I can and am in the "acquire as many used discs to try them all out" stage.

Question: I purchased this N Envy to use as my primary putter for within the circle and have a S proton Ion & Anode to use as approach discs within 100 +/- ft. Is this the right approach?

My initial reaction of the Envy, is that it is too slippery to use as a putter. The soft proton of the Ion is really tacky. Should I switch their functions and use the Ion as my main putter and Envy for approach? I'm some what confused ((and yes to all the trolls I have observed on DGCR, I have used search)) .... any advice?

There's nothing wrong with using the Envy to approach. The Ion is MVP/Axiom's best putting putter, IMO. The two make a great combo together.

Thank you :hfive:

I really like how the Envy feels in the hand, it is easy for me to get clean straight throws to about 250 feet, which is about as far as I can throw anything so far.

My initial reaction of the Envy, is that it is too slippery to use as a putter. The soft proton of the Ion is really tacky. Should I switch their functions and use the Ion as my main putter and Envy for approach? I'm some what confused ((and yes to all the trolls I have observed on DGCR, I have used search)) .... any advice?
I had been using the Envy to approach and putt. But I just pulled out the soft N Ion again to putt with. But that's where I love the Envy, for a one-disc round it's still a great putting disc but the drives and upshots with it are great. I just wish I could forehand it cleanly.

I carry the Envy and Anode pair and use both for both approach and putting, depending on approach line and weather conditions. (I keep a Sole in the mix too, for when I need Vibram stickiness).
Envy pairs well with either the Anode or Ion. And the Neutron's slipperiness will wear off pretty quick. Keep carrying both.

Attachments

• putters1.jpg
    putters1.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 31
Being completely new to the sport and to this site, I've been trying to learn as much as I can and am in the "acquire as many used discs to try them all out" stage.

Question: I purchased this N Envy to use as my primary putter for within the circle and have a S proton Ion & Anode to use as approach discs within 100 +/- ft. Is this the right approach?

I think the Anode or Ion would be better for putting duties, since they fly straighter and have more glide. Any 3 of them will function for either role, so try them all out for putts and approaches and see which suits which role best for your throw.

That being said, you are going about it wrong. Putters are useful from much, much further out than 100'! Check this out:

I had been using the Envy to approach and putt. But I just pulled out the soft N Ion again to putt with. But that's where I love the Envy, for a one-disc round it's still a great putting disc but the drives and upshots with it are great. I just wish I could forehand it cleanly.

Agreed with everything. Just filmed a one disc round using my Watermelon Envy and it worked out great. Very manipulatable. It's taken me awhile to figure out the anhyzer angle (I would normally just flick it) but I finally got it. I filmed it for Hucking Aces so when it gets published I'll share it here.

I think it will really show how useful the Envy is, even for someone decidedly less skilled than Mike C. Very usable, very intuitive. Perfect for players who have some skill but are looking to improve through one disc and putter only rounds (though it flies and feels more like a mid)

Last edited:

Your going to find this true of the Ion and Anode too.

yeah i dunno guys, aiming4chains and I played a round on a sunny 80 degree afternoon and didnt experience any slippery discs or chain outs...

*For the record, I'm not h8ing on MVP. I just think I newer player probably should use a baseline putter and develop some technique before trying and seeing if he likes premo.

*For the record, I'm not h8ing on MVP. I just think I newer player probably should use a baseline putter and develop some technique before trying and seeing if he likes premo.

If price is an issue, then I might agree.

But an Ion is no worse for a beginner than a Wizard, or KC Aviar. And an Anode is no worse than an Aviar P&A. It's all about feel at that point, especially for the new player inside the circle.

If price is an issue, then I might agree.

But an Ion is no worse for a beginner than a Wizard, or KC Aviar. And an Anode is no worse than an Aviar P&A. It's all about feel at that point, especially for the new player inside the circle.

BigSky speaks mad truth up in this piece

Thank you :hfive:

I really like how the Envy feels in the hand, it is easy for me to get clean straight throws to about 250 feet, which is about as far as I can throw anything so far.

0.1 years playing and already tossing an envy 250? Very impressive.

Former ultimate player?

Latest posts