• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

I can do it, even at this elevation, with my 172g Neutron. It has lost almost all its fade but still has perfect HSS. I have to put a little more shoulder angle into it then it would my KC Aviars or Polecat, thougj

Are you finding the Envy capable of holding an anny line to the ground? I've been beating up a 175 Neutron Envy since the spring and it still wants to fight out unless it's on a really steep line or snapped hard. I'm struggling to get the "touch" with the Envy on those lines.

Do lower weights have a little less beef?

It takes a while to beat one to almost neutral...and I do still have to sort of mash on it to get it to stay turned over...

Why I'm pumped about the Proxy.

Are you finding the Envy capable of holding an anny line to the ground? I've been beating up a 175 Neutron Envy since the spring and it still wants to fight out unless it's on a really steep line or snapped hard. I'm struggling to get the "touch" with the Envy on those lines.

Do lower weights have a little less beef?

Maybe I'm weird, but I've always liked the Envy's habit of flexing out the tiniest bit at the end of an anny shot. I rather disliked how my Ions would catch edge and roll, and I've never had an Envy do that.

For the shot, however, I'm either throwing my beat-up 172 N, or one of my 161 Softs. The heavier softs and the Proton flex hard enough at the end to not warrant the term "to the ground."

But then again, I'm talking about short upshots and get-out-of-trouble shots here. If I have a long anny drive that I can't crank up on, I'll probably look at another disc, or flick the Envy.

Maybe I'm weird, but I've always liked the Envy's habit of flexing out the tiniest bit at the end of an anny shot. I rather disliked how my Ions would catch edge and roll, and I've never had an Envy do that.

I feel the same, I got a 165 proton, 170Neutron and 174N Envy's... I find the big ones pretty beefy, but the 165 is so easy to control it bagged a spot fairly fast. I prefer to throw it instead of a Tursas/Comet/Anode etc for anhyzers because it will break out of the turn on a short range and not overshoot. Just makes for a great placement disc since it won't burn into the ground even on a 45degree angle. The light weight makes it controllable and the stability makes it forgiving. It's covered a lot of spots in the bag!

Last edited:
I feel the same, I got a 165 proton, 170Neutron and 174N Envy's... I find the big ones pretty beefy, but the 165 is so easy to control it bagged a spot fairly fast. I prefer to throw it instead of a Tursas/Comet/Anode etc for anhyzers because it will break out of the turn on a short range and not overshoot. Just makes for a great placement disc since it won't burn into the ground even on a 45degree angle. The light weight makes it controllable and the stability makes it forgiving. It's covered a lot of spots in the bag!

Agreed 100%. I'm always blown away by the legs on this mold. I gravitate towards versatile discs and the Envy has to be the Swiss Army knife of the putter world. My max weight P is perfect for hyzers, straight to fade & even flicks. I frequently find myself reaching for an envy on a hole where I would normally pull out a roc bc of the reliability of the envy. I also love that while fast, it's not a tweener speed. Those tweener molds seem to power down less effectively than their slower brothers and I love the wide array of power the envy can handle.

Agreed 100%. I'm always blown away by the legs on this mold. I gravitate towards versatile discs and the Envy has to be the Swiss Army knife of the putter world.

when people say this i can tell they love to throw discs "hard" with tons of OAT. ions are way more versatile than envys. just like a nuke is more versatile than a nuke os.

this forum is full of chuckers, the envy was a science experiment to prove it.

Them's fightin' words

Lol he tries. I know how I throw. I know the envy FOR ME is a more versatile disc. It holds lower lines better than the ion & is more comfortable in my hand. If that makes it a "chucker" disc then slap the label on me. I'll chuck Envys all day.

Lol he tries. I know how I throw. I know the envy FOR ME is a more versatile disc. It holds lower lines better than the ion & is more comfortable in my hand. If that makes it a "chucker" disc then slap the label on me. I'll chuck Envys all day.

I'm OK with his anti-Axiom propoganda. My only beef with the Ion is, I have to power it down to not get wonky releases...and that's me not the disc.

The Ion IS an amazing disc. But I have always found the rounded inner rim to be somewhat uncomfortable in a power grip. The Envy's grip feels great and it has replaced the Ion off the tee for me, but the Ion stays in the bag for those 100' and in touch shots that hold a line with minimal power.

I guess I was just wondering if you guys have found lighter (or more beat) Envy's to be equally up to that job.

I bag 4 Envy's. 2 soft 165g putters, 170 N for off the tee, and the 175g Watermelon is the best approach hyzer disc I have ever had. The softs hold great lines for approaching too. 4 putters in the bag some would consider overkill but when they are able to cover all P&A and most Mid Range duties, 3-4 different molds of Envy's has been great.

I bag 4 Envy's. 2 soft 165g putters, 170 N for off the tee, and the 175g Watermelon is the best approach hyzer disc I have ever had. The softs hold great lines for approaching too. 4 putters in the bag some would consider overkill but when they are able to cover all P&A and most Mid Range duties, 3-4 different molds of Envy's has been great.

I carry seven Envys, so no judgment here. :hfive:

How are the 165 gram Envies for driving? Do they still have enough beef? I am going with literally only 3 discs right now, and I was thinking about picking up a lighter soft Envy just to see if I could get a little more juice out of it on longer putts. But if it is going to be weaker off the tee then I am not sure it's worth snagging...

How are the 165 gram Envies for driving? Do they still have enough beef? I am going with literally only 3 discs right now, and I was thinking about picking up a lighter soft Envy just to see if I could get a little more juice out of it on longer putts. But if it is going to be weaker off the tee then I am not sure it's worth snagging...

They're still $. They inch closer to a wizard/KC aviar in stability. Rock solid HSS but not much fade to be found. I nabbed a 165g S N Envy and it glides better, holds a forced turn easier & pushes straighter for a good amount longer. Not flippy or US by ANY means.

They're still $. They inch closer to a wizard/KC aviar in stability. Rock solid HSS but not much fade to be found. I nabbed a 165g S N Envy and it glides better, holds a forced turn easier & pushes straighter for a good amount longer. Not flippy or US by ANY means.

I'll second this.

My 161s are money for longer putts. They just. keep. going.

Loving my soft neutron so much that I am picking up a 167 proton and a 174 regular neutron. Gonna see if the lighter one is the trick for putting. Already love it for driving and short and long approaches. I can side arm this disc with relative confidence even though my side arm isn't great. Most of my putts in rounds are still with my Wizard, but I practice daily with the Envy. I think the lighter one may be the trick.

Latest posts