• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

I'm obviously biased got a 165 proton 3 or 4 years back and it is get for my putt.. I use a light spin lob and the error margin on it is ideal for my throw. I always try to hit the basket with a gentle hyzer.. I'm deadly within 40 ft with that putt 50-70 I have issues after that it's a light line drive or I will switch out to a proton Spin.. I do hit a fair few of my ugly range ones though just not more than 60 percent.. Probably 30 percent on outside 70. I use a plasma 166 low shoulder and puddle top.. The extra stability on a light touch Anny bias gives me the 5ft of loft I missed on the Neutrons.

Electron glides like crazy and is a good way to go for a fresh replacement of a used friend. As it wears it starts to get Proxyish but that's not a bad thing. Less bounces with electron IME.

I wasn't big on the soft neutron lots of guys dig them I find them most S in flight..

Hey guys, thanks for making this a topic in the forums.

Would someone mind answering a couple of questions that I have regarding this disc? Preferably someone who bags envy and knows a little bit about it.

A) I notice that most people use it as an approach disc, but when it comes to using an inside-circle putter they use something different. Does envy have good viability as being used for both, or should I look at maybe sticking with something a little different for close putts?

B) I've heard neutron soft is the way to go with envy. I currently bag plasma. My big issue with plasma is that it seems to bounce a lot and my envy rolls more than any other putter I've owned. Would switch to soft fix these issues?

a disc like the envy with decent form could pretty much kill any city/rec course out there from drives to upshots and putting. You will eventually find IMO that all the discs roll the same being round regardless of stiffness it comes down to odd angles etc. Ive had bowflys roll like hell and they are floppy as as a pancake with syrup.

Issues in disc golf generally come from the thrower not the molds. They all work well even some odd ones but simply put the envy is a putter/mid/driver and worth mastering angles distances etc. Nothing better for my game then learning to throw putter molds well early on. Drivers are cute and fun but for most really just a crutch to be able to throw consistently or far etc.

I could even really care less about DG as "how good am I" but nothing more fun than throwing putters far and well.

lids included....

WHERE IS THE LID MVP?! FU.

Last edited:
I LOVE throwing Envies and wanted to try to condense molds a bit this offseason, so all winter long I've been putting Envies rather than my typical Crowns. Both molds are a tick to the overstable side and I do put quite a bit of spin on my putts, so I didn't find that I had to compensate at all for the flight. It did take a while to get used to the feel of such a shallow beadless putter, but I've started hitting my putting stride with Envies recently. I actually drained three straight birdie putts today from apx. 45, 25, and 60 feet. I wouldn't say the Envies have improved my putting compared to Crowns, but I'm now equally comfortable with them.

If you find that the Envy is too stable for you, then you could always bag an Electron and use it as a thrower for a while. That will beat it in to being much straighter of a putting putter. Right now I've got three Envies in the bag:
Electron Envy - C1 putting
Beat Electron Envy - C2 putting and US approaches
Neutron Soft Envy - driving putter and stable approaches

I used a soft N envy for nearly a year as a thrower and putter. The only reason I changed was the Atom coming out in the Electron. It gave me better grip in the cold/wet but they had more or less a similar flight. Other people prefer deeper, bigger beads, different stability, etc in their putting putter but will still like to throw envys.

^^^^^This. A Neutron Soft putts perfectly fine, but the grip on Electron is infinitely better for putting in cold and wet conditions. Neutron Softs still throw great in the winter...but man oh man is it tough to get a consistent release out of those things when putting in the snow.

One thing to really keep in mind with MVP discs is go lighter vs normal with putting putters. They preform so well even at the 150 class and just glide like hell. The 150 ions are so damn fun to throw and do not change in stability at all. The 160-67g envy/proxy make for a great complementary putting mold to the max wt-ish throwers. Specially in baseline vs premium.

Geez you guys are making me blush.. Probably not intentional.. I picked up my light one about 3 Envys in and there's no going back.. Solid stability + light weight.. My plasma is straight!!!! All the way to 175' and flex annys to 170+ easy, hard annys - 60-160'. FH drives- bam!

I can do a lot with it, I feel like I have a solid advantage on one disc rounds. Yeah it's replaced a lot of my discs covering putter to fairway.

MVP lid- try the Spin I hear it's the Comet of putters haha

The spin is fun and almost frisbee-ish with its US but still not a gyro Fing lid.

Yeah the Spin is no lid... I did throw a lid a lot this week and it's not all its cracked up to be.. I think my affection for it is a solid flippyish gyro fun factor kind of thing, it's the closest MVP has to lid flight.

Yeah the Spin is no lid... I did throw a lid a lot this week and it's not all its cracked up to be.. I think my affection for it is a solid flippyish gyro fun factor kind of thing, it's the closest MVP has to lid flight.

only real good DG lid on the market these days besides the polecat that actually can handle power at normal golf wts but still can find in the low low too is the OG upshot. hell of a fun disc to throw.

I cant find any Envy's in 150 class, but i did find a N fireball in 149g last year and that has been one of the most fun discs to throw.

Now im curious to try a light envy in electron, whats the lightest you guys have found?

If you find that the Envy is too stable for you, then you could always bag an Electron and use it as a thrower for a while. That will beat it in to being much straighter of a putting putter. Right now I've got three Envies in the bag:
Electron Envy - C1 putting
Beat Electron Envy - C2 putting and US approaches
Neutron Soft Envy - driving putter and stable approaches

That's good to know. I might look into buying one of each kind of envy and see what works best for me.

Thanks for all the helpful comments guys. I feel like that answers my questions.

The only real answer is do what works for you.

But generally the Envy is a bit low profile and stable for a putter. So I can see it working fine if you are a spin putter and line drive the basket with the disc. I have more of an aggressive spush putt, so I want something with a little more float to it and more depth...plus at the slower speed/less spin of that putting style something with inherently more fade is a poor choice for me.

So I can see the Envy working fine for people with a specific putting style that is very spin dominant and they trust the disc to hold the line, but for lots of people it's kind of the opposite end of characteristics they want for a putting putter. But that makes it so good for throwing.

Honestly at circle putting distances, the Envy really isn't all that stable for a push putt. I don't notice a difference in stability when putting it versus and Aviar, Ion, or even the Spin when pure push putting. I do think the lower profile definitely changes how you push put though. It's not as chunky in the hand to get that solid push with your palm. I personally don't like thick putters, even though I have big hands, so I put the Envy. I don't mind driving with a deeper rim, so for my driving and Ion is more comfortable than putting it.

To the OP. Electron Envies make great putters, but nothing stops rollaway other than making the putt.

I think the Envy is a lot more stable inside the circle than for example the Aviar and even the P2. There's a very marked difference, the Envy doesnt float like a speed 2 putter and it fades out earlier as well. I'm using a low spin spush, perhaps it has less fade if you have a spin style of putting

Honestly at circle putting distances, the Envy really isn't all that stable for a push putt. I don't notice a difference in stability when putting it versus and Aviar, Ion, or even the Spin when pure push putting. I do think the lower profile definitely changes how you push put though. It's not as chunky in the hand to get that solid push with your palm.

Yeah I get that...I can putt with pretty much anything in the circle. I mean I'll putt my Firebird that's sitting on the ground after I miss my putter and it works. I normally putt Anodes but I also throw Ions, so when I warm up before rounds I putt with both and there is zero difference within any reasonable range, but when thrown they are noticeably different. At a certain point though the stability does matter but I agree inside the circle it really doesn't. The lower profile factor for hand feel in push putt does affect me though from all ranges, but that's a personal thing and what I'm used to. I prefer the deeper putters and the glide/loft, then I trust that loft with less fade as I get out farther.

Had a training session with Electron Envys. I think it is time to ditch drivers and mids... My max distance with drivers (Lift, Wave etc) is 105m, (typically 85-95m or so), and I get Envy to abiut 75 meters with less effort.

Attachments

• 1578919617945.jpg
    1578919617945.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 21
There was a time I took my mids out of my bag because the Envy could cover so much distance. I just bagged a neutron soft for straight shots or shorter shots with a little fade at the end and an electron firm for turnovers or shorter straight shots.

I've been considering putting the Envy's back in the bag but I'm doing quite well with my current P2/P3X combo and it's hard to change up something that's working.

Envy is so odd to me, I bagged one for a little over a year and didn't throw it a ton. It went far enough that the overlap with mids was pretty bad.

But I keep my N Soft in the car because it's IMO the best one disc round disc out there. So if I'm driving along and forgot my bag, but see a nine hole course or something I have a disc I can throw up to 300ft the can handle a FH and it's not bad to putt with.

Hell, maybe I'm thinking about all of this wrong and all I need to play disc golf is a few Envies, Stags and Flares.

Maybe I will test that in my Nutsac next time I'm traveling and see if the scores actually suffer.

I lost the one Envy I've owned a couple days after I hit a 150' b-line through the timber with it for deuce during summer league.

Lately I've felt my Atoms have been lacking a little. I miss soft Neutron plastic, especially in the cold. My seasoned Electron Atom putter has begun to change in some ways I don't really like. The bead has completely worn down so that the disc has less HSS, yet because it is so low profile it also stall-fades as it loses spin more than it did when new (beads mute this). That stall-fade is killing me on longer putts.

Yesterday I grabbed a new soft N Envy for throwing as well as a Cosmic Neutron to try putting with. With a thicker/squarer nose I'm hoping that it won't change flight as dramatically with wear as my Atom.

Latest posts