• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Fireball

Judging by eric40817's description in this post it sounds like it's a longer, but more overstable motion rather than a less overstable one

That post was quoting the ad for that disc. It was actually said to be a more overstable Tesla.

I disagree that this is a more overstable Motion. That disc is pure beef, and really is more of a specialty disc, IMO. The Fireball is definitely overstable, but is more workable. The Motion wants to start fading right away, where the Fireball can be willed straighter, for a longer portion of the flight.

I was trying to throw annys, and although it was difficult, I could get a little bit of an "S." The Motion just laughs in my face if I try that.

I disagree that this is a more overstable Motion. That disc is pure beef, and really is more of a specialty disc, IMO. The Fireball is definitely overstable, but is more workable. The Motion wants to start fading right away, where the Fireball can be willed straighter, for a longer portion of the flight.

I was trying to throw annys, and although it was difficult, I could get a little bit of an "S." The Motion just laughs in my face if I try that.

So would you liken the Fireball to a longer Resistor?

The Motion is similar HSS to a Resistor but seems to have a super charged LSS.
From the initial reviews it sounds like the Fireball is super HSS but has the hard/yet manageable fade like the Resistor.

For me the Fireball is less OS and more workable than a Motion. If a Motion is a longer, more aggressive Resistor, the Fireball is more like a longer Shock. I can rip it low and flat and it won't turn over at all, but it will still get 400'. I don't know if I could get a Motion 400' on a flat, low throw.

For a typical power drive (75-90%) thrown flat or with a touch of anny, I was getting them in the 360-420' range. I could squeak more D out of them with height and anny, but those were getting closer to distance lines rather than golf lines. Backhand on the course I'd probably use this in the 330-400' range.

I might not bag one right now since my N Wrath is still fairly beefy, but I think I'll compliment my Wraths with them once I break it in. Kind of how I pair a Vector with my Axis, Envy with Ions etc.

Totally agree 100%.

For me the Fireball is less OS and more workable than a Motion. If a Motion is a longer, more aggressive Resistor, the Fireball is more like a longer Shock.

This. I also mentioned longer Shock in my initial review.

I got similar (although shorter) results to Mik C with the Fireball. Unfortunately we had trouble tracking the shots with the camera but I also threw these on some forehand roller lines and they went very straight for a very long time. It looks like I may have a new shot on my arsenal now.

Received a 145 Fireball instead of the Photon I ordered. Still extremely pleased.

It follows about the same line as my Wrath, but will get me a deeper fade. Still dialing it in, but extremely happy with it so far.

Received a 145 Fireball instead of the Photon I ordered. Still extremely pleased.

It follows about the same line as my Wrath, but will get me a deeper fade. Still dialing it in, but extremely happy with it so far.

Haha! I like how you're just rolling with it.

First time throwing the Fireball today.
I had some great shots, mostly FH over 200'. I used to throw a Motion, then a Tesla for this shot.

I didn't get considerably more distance from the Motion than my Resistor.

The Tesla had great HSS and better distance but flew too straight sometimes, getting me into a habit of throwing with a little bit of hyzer to avoid the dreaded anny FH that ends up left of center.. For sure a L shaped flight.

ENTER FIREBALL. Consistent release for days. It started fading right out of the hand, but didn't really ever have a point where it faded any harder, almost like a clock with a continuous second hand. With that added trust i was getting comparable distance to the Tesla with more accuracy. it got to the point where i was throwing second shots with it and just parking upshots.

Super happy with the feel too. You could have told me it was stock soft neutron and i would have believed you. Two thumbs up from this guy.

I've got a couple rounds in with a 155g Fireball the last couple days.

First, this thing is plenty beefy for me and will fill out the OS portion of my bag, kicking out a 171 XXX that I use on super windy days and a poorly dyed (mostly black) Firebird that I use the rest of the time. It's somewhere between those two in how OS it is. Given how light it is I'm stunned at how well it fought the wind.

Forehand shots seem to be this disc's forte. My forehand is fairly poor, but is improving as I concentrate more on it. This disc lets me make mistakes in form without punishing me unduly for them, and is OS enough that I can rip a forehand hard and not worry about it failing to finish to the right of it's original line. In other words it's OAT friendly and a torque monkey's dream, but even the guys I play with who have good forehands commented on how well it flew for them.

Backhand it's great for hyzers and shots that must finish left. We'll see what it's like when it breaks in, but it's definitely flying different lines than my Resistor did even when it was fresh so I'm looking forward to them complimenting each other nicely.

I loved the 172 and 155 I threw this past weekend but as I said in the PIF thread I doubt it kicks Banshees (loved for years) and whatever maxD OS driver I have in the bag at any given time (currently Stiletto). Fireballs have like negative glide and even with a torqued over flex shot they just died. I can get my Craves out significantly farther than the Fireball:\

I got a 176 Dragon stamp Fireball the day they came out and I've gotten quite a few rounds in using it. I took out my 172 Resistor to try it out.

Most likely because it's a higher speed but it's easier for me to throw than the Resistor. It goes farther easier but it has a lot of glide on the fade. The fade is also a really forward fade. It's helped me hit some nice lines that my other discs don't do as well at. It also has the most skip of any disc I've used.

On the other hand I used my Resistor a lot on sidearm upshots and it's fade was a very hard fade. I use this shot a lot and so far it's more difficult using the Fireball. I'm going to keep the Fireball in for another couple of months to really test it and then decide if I want a Resistor or the Fireball.

I loved the 172 and 155 I threw this past weekend but as I said in the PIF thread I doubt it kicks Banshees (loved for years) and whatever maxD OS driver I have in the bag at any given time (currently Stiletto). Fireballs have like negative glide and even with a torqued over flex shot they just died. I can get my Craves out significantly farther than the Fireball:\

Interesting that you find them glideless. IMO, the Fireball has great glide, especially for an OS disc.

I can get my Craves out significantly farther than the Fireball:\

That's no surprise. Neutral fairways go a lot further than OS drivers, unless you're good at throwing flex shots with the latter. Craves are one of my longest discs period.

Latest posts