• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Backpack bag help

locuno1

Par Member
Okay so a little background on me I've been a member on here since 09' but haven't posted since like September of 09' as I stepped away from the game. I only have my dx wraith, aviar, and xd from back then.

But the point of this post after doing research I see backpacks are the new thing so as a casual player are there any recommendations on economy backpacks I'd like one with disc dividers. I was looking at something like the trooper but all these new bags make my head spin.

Okay so a little background on me I've been a member on here since 09' but haven't posted since like September of 09' as I stepped away from the game. I only have my dx wraith, aviar, and xd from back then.

But the point of this post after doing research I see backpacks are the new thing so as a casual player are there any recommendations on economy backpacks I'd like one with disc dividers. I was looking at something like the trooper but all these new bags make my head spin.

Well Stay away from the Salent brand bags, the ones once sold by Academy Gear both models. I get it, I was away from the game since 2009 till part of 2014 but the majority of players were still using the older type bags with backpack straps on them, then in 2016 I really got back into the game, by then players were just starting using a backpack as the under $100 models were out, but not much in the economy $30-$40. I did not get a backpack until 2017 and it is a modified fishing bag that has a built in seat, A Vertex Angler Backpack with $12 worth of modifications to the bag and Amazon has the best price.

Oh a XD is replaced with a Colt, a hybrid feel between a flat top Classic ROC or a XD.

None of the newer backpack bags have a Disc Divider but You could buy a few of the Dividers that Innova makes, Innova sells them from time to time.

The Upper Park Shift is basically all dividers.

I did not think there was a brand where every disc had a separate divider I remembered a few others Also the Gorilla Boy Simian and Bagalane knock off have dividers, and the Latitude 64 Go or something, a big tall backpack has dividers for every disc as well. These are the few I can think of that have each disc divided or 95% of the discs divided.

I've been quite happy with everything about the shift except one thing. I'm 6'3" and it's just a bit too short. Storage, design, comfort, durability are all fantastic. It really will last years I think

Thanks for posting that, I'm 6'5" and have been contemplating a Shift, I've had hiking packs that were too short and didn't really enjoy using them.

Thanks for posting that, I'm 6'5" and have been contemplating a Shift, I've had hiking packs that were too short and didn't really enjoy using them.

I think it depends. I'm six one, so a little shorter, but I have long legs and a short torso and the Shift is fine for me. Though, to be fair, I probably wouldn't like it much smaller.

Latest posts