• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

backpack capable of holding xxl hoodie

I've heard the Octo's have a tipping problem, anyone else confirm that?

That was one of my few cons going from the Mahal to the Octo but I've only had the issue at Diamond X where it's a little more rugged than the average course. Haven't had any problems at the other courses I've used it at.

Being a Grip C-14 owner I sometimes have to be a little more creative when packing extra clothing. I have found the umbrella straps on the sides also work great for rolled up clothing. Will often roll up a pair of athletic pants in case of poison ivy, crazy rough and/or bugs to break out if shorts aren't working. Have also done that with extra jacket or thermal shirt when needed. An XXL hoodie might be pushing it but I dont own any hoodies, prefer other materials.

Being a Grip C-14 owner I sometimes have to be a little more creative when packing extra clothing.

I'm in the same boat. I can fit just about anything I need in or on my c-14. It might not LOOK very pretty, or work super well, but I can get it in/on that sucker!

I can fit a rolled up hoodie or jacket in one side on my OG Grip and at least two tall cans in the other side.

Its seems more stable than my A-series was.
If it does go over, it goes onto it's back.
My A-series always went over forward (but nothing ever falls out of either one)

Get a cart. :)

Have one but it's more work on some of these mtn courses than bagging it.

Its seems more stable than my A-series was.
If it does go over, it goes onto it's back.
My A-series always went over forward (but nothing ever falls out of either one)

That's good to know.
I need to find someone local who has it. I'd like to play with how the discs fit in it.

And sorry but no hoodie I own fits in my grip a series. And by fit I mean sealed in the pocket as in not sticking out. Pullovers and long sleeve shirts barely do. Not to mention the inconvenience in losing 1 of 2 pockets for a single item.

From time to time it does tip over but I don't think its much worse then my grip. Ill trade the tipping off for the extra comfort that it has over the grip on a long day.

Grip said the AX15 will hold an XXL hoodie in the side pockets when extended. I haven't tried yet...but I will tonight and see. I'm sure my hiking hoodie will work. I'll see about posting some pics if anyone is interested.

LB disc golf bag will hold your xxl and then some. Great bag and best rain fly on the market for it.

This is what you are looking for. I'm 6'6 and 250. I made the switch from a Prodiscus to the Octothorpe and absolutely love it. It holds all my gear and usually has room for more. Incredible quality and customer service too.

b2f72611427120a7e03994d25cb3eb3b.jpg

That's with my heavier larger xxl hoodie stuffed in there, 21 discs in main compartment, golden retriever and 50ft extra cordage, plus about 50 scorecards.

I stuffed a thick 3x fleece vest in my ax15 today during a round. It wouldn't fit when I tried to roll it up and stuff it in. But I tried just stuffing it in a little at a time not rolled up and it went in fairly easy that way.

I stuffed a thick 3x fleece vest in my ax15 today during a round. It wouldn't fit when I tried to roll it up and stuff it in. But I tried just stuffing it in a little at a time not rolled up and it went in fairly easy that way.

Yeah I tried rolling mine up to and didn't have any luck, but stuffing it worked. The straps on the outside will work though if you want to roll something up. I had my 2xl thick fleece sweatpants rolled up and in the strap and a 2xl hoodie stuffed in the pocket last night when packing up my bag for a round today.

I've been on the market for a new bag as well and was having the same problem with finding a bag that could fit a XXL hoodie or fleece pullover. My Ergo 2 definitely doesn't have much storage for any sort of extra clothing let alone a XXL hoodie. Been looking at the Octothorpe but wasn't sure about storage.

Could one of you with one put a XXL hoodie in one and take a picture for me? Would greatly appreciate it.

I've been on the market for a new bag as well and was having the same problem with finding a bag that could fit a XXL hoodie or fleece pullover. My Ergo 2 definitely doesn't have much storage for any sort of extra clothing let alone a XXL hoodie. Been looking at the Octothorpe but wasn't sure about storage.

Could one of you with one put a XXL hoodie in one and take a picture for me? Would greatly appreciate it.

Just look at any Octothorpe picture.
It will just look like the bag sitting there, doing its everyday regular thing.
Lots of room

The bottom of the ergo2 fits hoodies. You must be using it for discs?

Latest posts