• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bad tournament experience.

Why?? What about becoming better or moving up makes tournaments less fun?

I don't mean that sarcastically, either.

It's hard to explain, because I'm still enamored with playing Disc Golf after all these years, but I guess the tournaments just stopped being fun. The same thing happened to me with home brewing beer, too. I was crazy in love with it for a few years, but by the time I was on my 40th batch, it felt more like a chore. I still love drinking beer, though...

I live right next to steele creek. Where I started playing at.

Nice man.
XYKf5LA.gif

I live about 50 minutes away and it's so worth the drive.

Without talking to either party I would assume the scores where tallied and an announcement made. (that you did not hear) The other player was present and given the win due to the fact you where not present. If this was the case.... The TD had no choice but to award the win to the player that was present.

Thing is, that assumption kind of runs at odds with the OP's account of how things went down, particularly the bold part.

Problem is the td did not have the boards ready and never made an announcement about a tie. I specificly did not change socks and shoes just in case of a tie. I was literally 40 feet away leaning against my car waiting until everyone started leaving for the local billard hall for awards. When the td got there was the first time I saw the board with the final standings. This is when I noticed someone tied me.

Let me state for the record, that the possibility of things like this happening, are one reason I dislike having awards ceremonies away from the course venue.

Last edited:
The farther you go south the more questionable people's ethics get!

I tied at Mt. Airy last year. It shows as a first place finish on my PDGA record even though I lost the playoff. So, you should be able to still tell people you won!

Hey Yankee, you're the one displaying a lack of ethics. You are apparently telling people you took first place at a tournament you lost in a playoff.

The farther south you go the warmer it gets is closer to the truth. I hope your unethical stereotyping ass freezes real soon.

Hey Yankee, you're the one displaying a lack of ethics. You are apparently telling people you took first place at a tournament you lost in a playoff.

The farther south you go the warmer it gets is closer to the truth. I hope your unethical stereotyping ass freezes real soon.

^^^LOVE IT^^^

Uh- oh are their two sides to this story? THis could get good!:popcorn:

You tell him Mike, friggin stereotypers. :mad::mad:

Is that why Detroit's doing so well?

:popcorn:

LOL. I dunno about Detroit, but NYC's famous for their ethics. You can leave anything behind in a taxi, and be sure to get it back. Of course, with Wall Street setting the standards, you'd expect nothing less.;)

So I take it because of a few comments in this thread, the Civil War is on again?

It ended?

No, just kidding, obviously no region has a monopoly on ethics, or lacks them. The moronic comment about ethics getting worse as you go south was a clear invitation to ridicule.

Yeah, that statement about going south for lack of ethics is just dumb.

Everybody knows that the general rule is that the further you get from the Mississippi River, the less important ethics are.

Latest posts