• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bag Choices

Which Bag

• GB Simian

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Phenix Core

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Revo Carolina

Votes: 19 23.5%
  • Revo Dualpack

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • Latitude 64 Pro Bag

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • Grip's new bag

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • Gateway Ozark

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Voodoo?

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Other

Votes: 24 29.6%

• Total voters

jdw80550

* Ace Member *
Looking to get a new bag with more storage room than my Fade Tourney. I'm debating between several bags. The GB Simian, the Revo Carolina, the Revo DualPack, the Phenix Core, and the Lat 64 Pro. I am open to other ideas and suggestions, just really curious as to what to get. I was leaning toward the Simian, but have been flip-flopping back and forth more and more. Plus with new bags like these Voodoo, Grip, and even Gateway's Ozark bag (yeah I know it's not "new") I seem to be floundering. I need help, please.:eek:

PS No matter which bag I get it will have quads put on it if that helps.

I just got my revo dual pack. I haven't played with it yet, but it seems to be really well made, and I'm happy with how much it holds (discs and other stuff). I can't wait to get it out on the course, it feels great on my back, I'll have to test it out on a longer day to be sure though.

The biggest reason for my decision on the dual pack was the amount of storage it has. Two water bottle pockets, two big side pockets, and the big top pocket that has plenty of room for more discs, towels, etc. makes it great for long road trips and tournaments.

Last edited:
Revo, Gorilla, Phenix, Mystery Ranch, Latitude 64, Gateway, Innova and possibly the new Grip all have fans and seem solid. Pick the one that best fits your needs and roll with it. They ate all good bags, and nothing is perfect. It comes down to a lot of personal preferences. Do you want the latest and greatest, a backpack, cheap?? Lots of choices. Go with quality first and your gut second, and you should be happy.

^^^That's not an answer to my problems, just more problems. This exactly why forums were created so I don't have to think anymore.

ill be paying attention to this..i too am looking to upgrade my bag..leaning towards the Lat64 becaues of price difference but the GB Silverback keeps calling my name

I've been eyeing the simian b/c of the stool feature. I'm seen the Phenix Core and the truckliner is awesome. I've heard nothing but good things about Revo stuff. The Lat 64 bag has the best price. The Ozark looks nice and sturdy. The Grip has just been getting great reviews, and if Feldberg carries Voodoo, maybe I should too.

They are all good bags. You just have to decide which features are the most important. I can't ever decide on just one so I usually have about 3 bags to choose from. At the end of the year, I had Chimp, Kong, and Simian. Now I'm going with Chimp, LE Silverback, and Grip. The Simian is going up for sale any day now. No complaints, just trying something different. Do a search and you will see a lot of reviews on these bags.

Doubt you can fit more than 22 discs in a Lat64, and that eats up quite a bit of the side pocket space also.
GorillaBoy has the best variety of products which I love, but it seems like you're looking for a monster bag, so go with the Voodoo; if Feldberg sports one its gotta be decent.

Not looking for a monster bag, just one big enought to hold about 20 discs, and a bunch of junk. I normally carry two water bottles, snacks, towels, and lots of little junk. The Fade is just getting to cramped.

I have a revo Carolina bag and really like it. I looked into buying a backpack type but decided not to pull the trigger as I play often in the summer in 95 + weather and the backpack type looked like they would be hot in the summer.

CHEERS - Koffee

I'm about to order a voodoo but not the huge bag, next step down
. I'll let you know how I like it.

I have a revo Carolina bag and really like it. I looked into buying a backpack type but decided not to pull the trigger as I play often in the summer in 95 + weather and the backpack type looked like they would be hot in the summer.

CHEERS - Koffee

I hadn't thought about this, anybody have any experience with this.

I'm about to order a voodoo but not the huge bag, next step down
. I'll let you know how I like it.

Thanks, I curious to see how they look and hold up. I won't be making the switch till mid Feb. or early March.

Also any comments on how the stool feature of the Simian compares to bringing your own stool?

What are you looking to store? Discs or just gear in general? I was within a hair's breadth of getting a Lat 64 bag but decided to stroke my ego with the Phenix Custom Core bag.

Not looking for a monster bag, just one big enought to hold about 20 discs, and a bunch of junk. I normally carry two water bottles, snacks, towels, and lots of little junk. The Fade is just getting to cramped.

I too went from the Fade Tourney bag and now sporting the Rev. Carolina. And just like yourself, I wanted more room for personal items. Currently my Carolina bag holds 12 drivers, 3 mids, and one putter in the main compartment w/out the divider and there's enough room for another driver or mid. Plus 2 putters in the front. there's 2 big pockets on both sides and 2 drink holders (Gatorade & H2O). For me it's perfect, I didn't care of carry anymore than 16/17 disc in the main compartment. I'm happy with it. Good luck!

I don't know all the bags that you've listed but I don't think that you can go wrong with Gorilla Boy. They make a great produce and stand behind it.

I have the Revo Deluxe mini, the Revo Carolina bag, the Dual Pack, and now a Grip Bag. The Dual pack holds the most stuff. You can have 30 discs in it and a winter jacket.

The Revo Deluxe Mini is awesome if you are playing with 8-13 discs. With quads on it it feels like nothing at all on your back or shoulders, unless you put a nalgene of water in it. Then you can feel it a little.

The Carolina bag is probably the best option from Revolution. Plenty of room for storage and discs. Plus the large flap can be folded over your discs in the rain or snow.

I will say that the Revolution bags are built like a tank. Never had an issue with the craftsmanship of any of their bags.

But I am now in love with the Grip bag. Most comfortable riding bag out there. 17 discs and 32 ounces of water and the weight is so evenly distributed that it is super comfy on my back. Only time will tell if it will hold up to the quality standards of the Revolution bags. But all the differant pockets and options on this bag are pretty amazing.

What are you looking to store? Discs or just gear in general? I was within a hair's breadth of getting a Lat 64 bag but decided to stroke my ego with the Phenix Custom Core bag.

How does the middle storage compartment hold up for storage. I've seen one at a glance it looked nice, but haven't gotten to open it up. The one I saw also had magnetic flaps, how does those hold up over a long day.

I have the Revo Deluxe mini, the Revo Carolina bag, the Dual Pack, and now a Grip Bag. The Dual pack holds the most stuff. You can have 30 discs in it and a winter jacket.

I've been wondering how the dualpack rides on your back, and how easy it is to access the discs?

Latest posts