• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bag for 8-12 discs

chiroflyer

Par Member
Just wanting thoughts/experiences with bags. I'm looking at the Fade lite, or the innova standard. They look about the same except for the innova has the divider. For <$15, i'm thinking the Fade as i don't want to carry much more than that anyhow.
So If the fade is a POS i'd like to know....also,if you have a bag you want to part with let me know.

i have one of the cheapo lightning bags, it's not cheap material, just cheap price. i never use it, but it seems like a decent small bag

Best bag for 8-12 disc is the Gorilla Boy Squirrel Monkey. Has an internal frame, dual insulated drink carriers, rain fly.......best bag I have ever owned!

I dig my Innova standard bag. I usually carry 12 discs, any more feels cramped and any less feels a little loose to me, but it is definitely doable. I've gone as low as 8 and as high as 15, I think.

I wouldn't plan on using the divider unless you are using 8 discs (or even less), I took it out immediately to fit more plastic.

That said, I have never had (or even looked at) any other bag, so it could be inferior to the Fade one you are looking at.

If you want to go cheap, just get the Fade bag and don't think twice about it.

(I am a big Gorilla Boy fan though for what it's worth)

Let me preface all of this by admitting I have only ever owned one bag:

I really like my Innova Standard. The quality is good, and it does everything I need it to do. I carry 10 discs max (usually 6-8). I don't carry around a little stool. I take one water bottle and fill it if I need to on the course. I don't want a whole backpack deal.

I do like the divider in there because I like the organization it provides (at least in my head). When I pick up a disc off the ground, there is an open space in my bag for it. I don't have to separate a couple discs and jam another between them. It makes it really easy to just grab the right disc out and then slip it back in. The divider is actually one of the reasons I chose this bag over some others.

When I bought the bag, I was planning on using it in the meantime until I bought a better bag, or at least a bigger one. But since then, I settled into carrying just a few discs, and the bag is pretty perfect for everything I use it for. Plus it's holding up great. I've never really felt the need to buy another one.

But that's just me.

I sure as heck wouldn't pay a price for a small bag that could get you a bigger top name brand bag. Sounds like it would be hard to go wrong with the Fade lite if you want a smaller bag.

I was thinking I wanted a smaller bag too, but now I'm leaning towards a bigger bag, because I am starting to carry several discs in the same molds for back ups and practice.

Best bag for 8-12 disc is the Gorilla Boy Squirrel Monkey. Has an internal frame, dual insulated drink carriers, rain fly.......best bag I have ever owned!

2nd this emotion.

Cheers on going with a small bag. I still use the 10-12 disc bag I bought in 1993 every round. I bought a big frame bag in 2001 or so which holds like 25-30 discs and used it for a few rounds, but realized I was just lugging around 25 of the 30 discs for nothing. Went back to the little guy and the big one has been in storage ever since. Can't even remember who made the little one, but it has room for three discs on each side in open pockets, and probably room for 6 max inside, a little velcro pocket, inside pocket and D ring. That's all you need...

I have a fade crunch its just slightly bigger than the fade lite. it holds 14 or 15 depending on number of drivers verses mids and putters. I like it. it has a pocket to put keys and wallet and stuff in, and has a velcro divider thing for if you only want to carry a few discs.

but im starting to get addicted to getting more discs :doh: like just about everyone else here, so i kinda wish i went bigger but o well.

If ya gotta go small, get the Crunch Box. It's not tiny, it has a great assortment of pockets, and it holds up very well to abuse. While I'm a big FADE fan, the Lite is not one of their better products.

If ya gotta go small, get the Crunch Box. It's not tiny, it has a great assortment of pockets, and it holds up very well to abuse. While I'm a big FADE fan, the Lite is not one of their better products.

i agree with this statement. for 10-15 dollars more depending on what colors you can find on sale, you get a bag that can do 14 or so but still carry 10 without feeling too loose. throw some rubber coating on the bottom and you will be set for years. i got my cruch in the obnoxious yellow color for $25 after i got sick of lugging around my larger bag full of discs i rarely threw. Never had the innova standard, but the crunch is very versatile, the drink holder can handle a big gatorade or just a small water bottle, and the huge pocket is great for all sorts of other crap you may want to bring along. It has plenty of d rings and it will take quads when you decide you want them.

I dig my Innova standard bag. I usually carry 12 discs, any more feels cramped and any less feels a little loose to me, but it is definitely doable. I've gone as low as 8 and as high as 15, I think.

I wouldn't plan on using the divider unless you are using 8 discs (or even less), I took it out immediately to fit more plastic.

That said, I have never had (or even looked at) any other bag, so it could be inferior to the Fade one you are looking at.

Exact same experience. I really like my Innova Standard. = 12 discs.

Latest posts