• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bag Manufacturer Quality Ranking

juju

Double Eagle Member
With so many bag manufacturers, I thought this might be a good way for people to see everyone's opinion on quality rankings when looking for a new bag. Post yours and add any that I may have missed.

1. Mystery Ranch (Golf Mahal)
2. Revolution
3. Voodoo
4. Grip
5. Gorilla Boy
6. No Excuses
7. Gateway
8. Hyzer Bomb
9. Lat 64
10. Fade - Innova

I've had a few different brands and voodoo is the highest quality in my opinion. I'd agree with innova/fade at the bottom.

I have the disc player sports bag and it is pretty high quality. I would rate it in between no excuses and gorilla Boy.

I have a lightning bag.. I've been using it a year.. A lot of rounds. Nearly 50 and the bag has held up just fine. They don't make bags anymore though..

1. Mystery Ranch (Golf Mahal)
2. Voodoo
3. Grip
4. Revolution
5. Gorilla Boy- only because theyre hand made and not 100% detail finished
6. No Excuses
7. Lat 64
8. Hyzer Bomb- never seen one in person but theyre ugly as hell and id imagine similar to gorilla boy
9. Fade - Innova - lightning - discraft- gateway.. all the same shiitty stuff but it will for sure get the job done

Last edited:
personally for what you pay for and what ive seen id put voodoo up top. gorilla boy seems to keep the same price and gradually reduce what you get. for the money fade should be up top as they run with some of the expensive bags for literally a fraction of the cost.

I can only comment on my Gateway player bag, and I love it. Pretty sturdy and well built in my opinion.

I have seen and held revos, they should definitely be below voodoo imo, can't speak for grip, but they only have one bag...GB and voodoo should be 2 and 3, with revo and grip below them, just my 2 cents though.

gorilla boy bags are cool but their quality isnt above a grip or revo, its just not. theyre well made dont get me wrong, they just dont have the fit and finish of the bags that arent made by a single guy in his home. he makes killer bags with great design but the finish isnt quite ther

now if this were a question of popularity, he would be in the top 3 or 4 for sure

I wouldn't necessarily put fade at the bottom. Nor would I put Lat at the bottom either. both Fade and Lat offer good bags at a good price. I would keep Innova/Hero bags at the bottom.

I wouldn't necessarily put fade at the bottom. Nor would I put Lat at the bottom either. both Fade and Lat offer good bags at a good price. I would keep Innova/Hero bags at the bottom.

Lightning belongs at the bottom too.

I've had 2 Rev bags and 2 GB bags and I agree there isn't any comparison. My GB bags outlasted my Rev bags by so much it isn't funny. I really have no complaints either way though. If something lasts long enough that I am not surprised that it wears out then I think I got good value. My GB bags haven't even started to wear and the Silverback will be the last traditional bag I ever own, no question. By the time it wears out I am sure that either I will get a cart or I will be too old to care.

How many people here have owned 9 different bags, to be able to fairly assess and rank them?

Exactly! I have owned a FADE Crunch and it held up although the bottoms where it hit the ground wore out after a year plus of heavy DG.

I have owned a FADE tourny and it held up for five months until one of the bag strap holders just ripped out at the seams! They replaced althought I had to pay shipping. They sent a brand new one back and my wife now uses it.

I now own a GRIP EQ and love it. Time will tell how long it lasts but they have had six years to get it right so I expect great things from GRIP.

I can't honestly assess any of those other bags. If it works for you and fits your budget then it is the number one bag on your list.

Between Ashleigh and I we've owned 3 Innova bags, 1 Fade, 1 Revolution and 1 Gorilla Boy. The Innova and Fade bags were pretty comparable, solid dependable bags without a lot of bells and whistles. The Revo is a bit more polished, but I think the Gorilla Boy is built with higher quality materials and feels like it will hold up better long term. Ask again in 10 years, both seem like they'll be around that long.

Latest posts