• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bag Manufacturer Quality Ranking

well I've only used 2 bags so I can only comment on them.

fade crunch.. great small bag my towel clip broke really easy though.
latitude 64 pro bag. I love this bag holds everything and then some. seems really well made.

Why the hate on Innova? After 2 years i could pass it off as new while playing 5+ times per week

The color fades fast and the mesh in the bottom of the drink holders always tear. I guess u get what you pay for though. I got a few years out of a comp bag, but my voodoo is a million times better as far as materials and construction.

This is my 4th year with my GB Chimp bag. There is no noticeable wear anywhere but the bottom.
I have put this thing through hell. I am looking to get something with a little more room and will happily give him more of my money.

How many people here have owned 9 different bags, to be able to fairly assess and rank them?

ive had close. ive owned revo, GB mulitple models, voodoo, grip, innova multiple models, fade, lightning multiple models. ive seen more than a few lat 64 bags and some gateway bags. never seen the hyzer bomb or no excuses bags in person but other than the custom options im not so into the way they look.

of the bags ive owned id say the grip is my fav, followed by the mojo then the silverback. all wonderful bags

Fade and innova are not equal

I have one of the smaller fade bags and it has help up extremely well. For the price I don't think there is a better bag out there. Some of my friends have innova bags and they seem very poorly designed and are falling apart.

I have one of the smaller fade bags and it has help up extremely well. For the price I don't think there is a better bag out there. Some of my friends have innova bags and they seem very poorly designed and are falling apart.

Price has nothing to do with this thread. For the most part, Innova and Fade seem to be made of the same low-quality materials and don't last very long (under 2 years usually).

can we define what "quality" means so this doesnt turn into a favorite bag thread? are we talking about which bags last longer, have better materials, craftsmanship, fit and finish? what ecactly are the defining characteristics of a "quality" bag? in my eyes, the first thing i think of when i hear quality is how long it lasts before it starts falling apart. alot of these bags being mentioned so far havent been around long enough to really tell how they hold up(hyzer bomb, no excuses, voodoo). i appreciate some of the people that have owned like 10 bags giving their opinions. however when you have owned all of those bags in a 3 year span, i dont think youve really had a chance to use any of them long enough to see how well they hold up. i personally have only had revo and innova bags. never had a single problem with any of them. two of my revos have been 2nd or 3rd hand and dont even have a loose stitch. that sounds like quality to me. my fathers first bag was an innova comp bag. still uses it and its been about 6 years. he plays about 10-15 rounds a week between his leagues and tournaments. that bag isnt worn out, no tears, rips, loose seams, nothing. quality. i realize there are other aspects to quality besides durability, but to me thats the most important one.

Last edited:
I don't know where Fade got bad reviews from, I know the owner personally and I bought one of the tournament bags three years ago and it is still in excellent shape. No tears or rips and all of the stitching is still in place, if you cleaned it, it would probably look brand new.

I can't say anything towards the other brands since I have only had a PDGA Competition bag and the Fade Tournament bag, but I have nothing but the highest possible rating for Fade Gear.

What do you guys do to your bags? o_O Drag them behind you across cement and slam them into trees? I have about 2 years on my Fade Crunch and it looks and performs perfectly fine. Perhaps I'll try a different bag when this one eventually wears down but that doesn't seem as though it will happen in the foreseeable future. Can't really speak of the other bags as my "bag" prior to this was a backpack.

Last edited:
I have owned a PDGA tournament bag, Fade, Innova and GB Chimp of those the GB tops the list by far.

I currently use the Grip, close to the 1 year mark now and everything still looks brand new except for some minor wear and tear on the bottom. Also have owned/used Innova and revo, so here is my list:

1) Grip
2) Revo
3) Innova

How many people here have owned 9 different bags, to be able to fairly assess and rank them?

This. People clearly haven't used an Innova/Hero bag much. I've been abusing mine for a year or more now and it's still in solid shape. I'm sure since they make way more than most others that there are more lemons out there, but to act like the bags are poor quality is a little idiotic at best.

I haven't owned any of the really high end bags, but from my experiences I'd say that Gorilla Boy (silverback), Gateway (tour backpack), and Revolution (carolina) are pretty much on par in terms of durability. Revo makes it prettier, though. Gateway is pretty bare bones, and GB sits somewhere between the two. Was not impressed with either fade I tried (tournament and crunch). Though the crunch is a nicely sized bag, I'd venture to say that the spider monkey (or is it the chimp?) is probably better for the money. First bag I had was a lightning, ripped quickly back when I wasn't playing a lot.

edit: FWIW, I've had my gateway bag for about a year now and put a lot of rounds on it - other than some dirt, it looks literally brand new. No real signs of wear at all so far. This thing will last me as long as I need it to - till my next upgrade.

Next on my list is a hyzerbomb flak or gripeq, since I can't carry quad shock setups anymore. They hurt my back because I'm too short and they sit waaay too low for me to carry comfortably.

Last edited:
From a touring players point of view

never carried a revo but I have seen those bags in pieces
Grip- the bottoms seem to always fall off, they may have fixed that problem I don't know
NoExcuses- had my bag for 2 full touring years no problems at all just needed a change
Mystery ranch- military bags so they are good quailty just HUGE
disc company bags are always bottom of the line along with fade- cheap materials.
Voodoo seems pretty good just never seen one old enough to judge them.

Latest posts