• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bag Manufacturer Quality Ranking

Samsquanch has seen lots of ripped up Fade and Innova bags out on the course. They don't seem like very high quality bags.

Hey everyone, do not forget about Phenix disc golf bag :)

As you know, the Phenix Quad Shock has the best quality.

Anyways, I have Grip EQ (2nd), Phenix Core Bag (Custom) and Gorilla Boy Kong. I would say that these bags has high quality and all of them are tied in the top rank.

edit: FWIW, I've had my gateway bag for about a year now and put a lot of rounds on it - other than some dirt, it looks literally brand new. No real signs of wear at all so far. This thing will last me as long as I need it to - till my next upgrade.
That's my experience, too, but I've had mine since 2005. I'm surprised to see Gateway so low on the list. Back when I bought mine it was pretty much Gateway and Revo for the top end bags and then Innova, Discraft and Lightning were the lower quality bags. Has Gateway's quality really gone down or are they just not in style anymore?

This seems to be more of a glamour list. Who owns all the bags on the list?

You don't have to have owned all the bags to recognize their level of quality. I'm sure we've all seen most of them out on the course and/or talked to people who have owned them. Also, there is quite a bit of information on this site to gauge each one.

The list looks okay, but some of the newer bags need some time before we can really get a sense of where they stack up.

^^ True.. the Hyzer Bomb bags and the No excuses are fairly new so time will tell as to how well they will last. Even the Voodoo bags aren't that Old.. in comparison to the others

^^ True.. the Hyzer Bomb bags and the No excuses are fairly new so time will tell as to how well they will last. Even the Voodoo bags aren't that Old.. in comparison to the others

As soon as HyzerBomb starts double stitching everybag they will get more love.

I don't know where Fade got bad reviews from, I know the owner personally and I bought one of the tournament bags three years ago and it is still in excellent shape. No tears or rips and all of the stitching is still in place, if you cleaned it, it would probably look brand new.

I can't say anything towards the other brands since I have only had a PDGA Competition bag and the Fade Tournament bag, but I have nothing but the highest possible rating for Fade Gear.

As far as Fade goes as a company I think they do a great job with customer service. I've only had the crunch box. 2 of them. The first was replaced by Fade because the strap connection was pulling out on the water bottle side. (I had to pay to ship the bag to Fade). I bought it in September Had it replaced a few months later, Now the replacement has the same problem. I've heard good things about their other bags but the crunch box does not have high quality.

I have had a nutsac, fade crunch box, & dga elite shield bag. Nutsac is still perfect after 3 years of use. Other then a ripped off strap holder, the fade crunch box is still in decent shape. I have had the dga bag for a couple months now and really like it. Built solid for a $50 bag. I play a round every other day and try to take care of my stuff.

Everyone is saying that its too early to judge Voodoo, and i agree somewhat on that, but if you look at the materials they are using and the quality of the stitching you can predict that it will last a long time.

Of the bags I've used or seen here's how I'd rate them.

1. Voodoo & Revolution
2. Grip
3. GB
4. Fade
5. Phenix (this is a bummer. Great design, poor workmanship)
6. Innova
7. Discraft
8. Whoever makes the PDGA bags.

There is another bag out there that Chiefstang uses. It has a cooler in the middle of the main compartment. From what I remember the quality of that bag was quite good.

Fade Lite is probally the worst bag I owned, I now use innova and discraft, my two innova bags are 3 years old and still good, but i notice some problems in the discraft bag already at only 6 months old.

I started out with a small Ching bag and it lasted me for my first year but I replaced it with a Disc Player bag before it fell apart. The Ching was getting thin in spots. I'm on my second year with the disc player bag and it doesn't have any problems yet. I would rate it very high.

Of the bags I've used or seen here's how I'd rate them.

1. Voodoo & Revolution
2. Grip
3. GB
4. Fade
5. Phenix (this is a bummer. Great design, poor workmanship)
6. Innova
7. Discraft
8. Whoever makes the PDGA bags.

There is another bag out there that Chiefstang uses. It has a cooler in the middle of the main compartment. From what I remember the quality of that bag was quite good.

The current Pdga bags are actually really nice. Heavy duty. Big zippers. Same material as the old innova bags

Latest posts